• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Would you take in a refugee family for $300pw?

Would you take in a refugee family for cash?

• Yes, happy to help

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Maybe if they paid more money...

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bella: if you write one or 2 paras, I will read them. When you write 15 I won't even read the first one.

This gov't couldn't organise a root in an appropriately zoned industrial area. They will approve half of Sunnybank to put their extended families in sardine box garage bedrooms (as described above) andoa pay them for the privelege. Here is the twist. They will be occupied by the same Chinese students they currently are.

But all in all i think it is an idea worthy of debate and I know lots of appropriate people who will sign up for it.

:mad:

Damnit I don't mean to write 15 paragraphs! I just get carried away......

Bloody women eh? Or maybe it's just me lol

Sunnybank....15 minutes from me! Ahhh a love of the familiar ;)

See I wouldn't walk through Sunnybank at night. Unless you like a good ol' stabbing.

Well I live in New Farm...I don't frequent Sunnybank at night, that's fo sho! lol

But man, there's an asian restaurant there that does the fckn best Kung Po Beef on the planet!! :eek:

I need to go there again some time soon and get some.

Are there really stabbings in Sunnybank?? lol Farrk

Or go across to sunny Runcorn, Logan, Robina,Labrador and get shot. Even the northside is getting into it these days.

Or go across to sunny Runcorn, Logan, Robina,Labrador and get shot. Even the northside is getting into it these days.

lol

Gold Coast is in the news alot for shootings, hostage holding, stabbings, drug busts :eek: Lucky for me, I prefer the Sunshine Coast ;)

Ahhh nothing ever happens in New Farm. This is where the Prince who wroughted Qld Health lived in his riverside penthouse, 4 streets over from me. That's as exciting as it gets over here lol

Hey I'm a Logan resident, can't Rembrandt the last shooting, but a guy I worked with stabbed and killed someone in the park down the road a while ago. My mum wants me to drive her to the cop shop to get her arms license, She's a bit nutty, don't really wanna take her.lol

Hey I'm a Logan resident, can't Rembrandt the last shooting, but a guy I worked with stabbed and killed someone in the park down the road a while ago. My mum wants me to drive her to the cop shop to get her arms license, She's a bit nutty, don't really wanna take her.lol

lmao

:eek:

I'm the worst off topic'er around, I reckon.

If your trespassing in a boat and you don't turn around, sinky, sinky. It would only happen once or twice, and they wont come again.

but seriously,

I reckon mandatory detention for 5 years or so, with no recreational facilities. Just enough to sort out the genuine asylum seekers from the ones who want an upgrade..

or my 1st idea...

I think its a joke that we teach our children 'stranger danger' and they get taught that at school, but hey the government says its fine and they will pay you to have a total stranger in your home, with your children, who has come from a war torn country where god knows what has happened. Quick and easy way for some of the 'undesirable types' in the community to make a quick few extra bucks to piss into the wind, shoot up their arms or throw in a pokie machine. Who ends up paying for all these fantastic ideas in the end????

I haven't read through this whole thread but I honestly don't think this is the worst idea ever. For everyone saying that refugees should just be sent straight home, I think that's a pretty ignorant point of view. I don't think anyone in this thread (including myself) could really imagine what it is like to live in a war zone or any other number of horrible situations.

People don't get on a rickety boat packed like sardines to cross an ocean because they have a lot of other good options. Australia really is a lucky country and unfortunately for the refugees they don't get a choice about where they're born. We receive very few refugees compared to many other countries (figures are available) and politicians and the media make it out to be massive problem.

The same people that whinge about this idea are probably the same people that complain that people who arrive as refugees don't assimilate into the community. This is a genuine opportunity for a refugee to live with Australian's and learn about our culture and way of life, much more so than they could ever do in a detention centre.

There are definitely potential problems that could arise with this and the screening process for both hosts and refugees would need to be stringent. Would I host a refugee? With a young girlfriend or children in the house, probably not. But for people who are willing to do it/in a situation where they can do it, this could be a great thing.

Disclaimer: I'm not a labor/green supporter or a tree hugging hippy. I'm pretty conservative, but I do have sympathy for other people who are coming from a situation much worse than my own.

hows about the government put an option on your tax return whether or not you want to pay the asylum seeker tax. So the people that don't wanna pay, don't have to pay!

Genius.

I don't think anyone in this thread (including myself) could really imagine what it is like to live in a war zone or any other number of horrible situations.

I don't have to imagine; I lived it! I was sniped at at the age of 9 and was narrowly missed. Who needs Sergio Leone's The Good The bad and The Ugly's sound of bullets ricocheting around you when you've got the real thing happening!

I came here legally but had no choice in the matter since I was only 12 at the time (back in 1977). War is no fun... and damn scary (and scarring sometimes) for children! I'll leave it here and would just say that we've got it much more than simply “good” here down under. A state of being I sure would never take for granted (knowing the alternatives) and would always appreciate.

Carry on...

Fadi.

Last edited:
My grandparents came from other countries, from wars, I think most of ours would have. My nanna had a bomb land in her house and not blow up (lucky for me). But they came legally with what they had, and flourished.

I don't have to imagine; I lived it! I was sniped at at the age of 9 and was narrowly missed. Who needs Sergio Leone's The Good The bad and The Ugly's sound of bullets ricocheting around you when you've got the real thing happening!

I came here legally but had no choice in the matter since I was only 12 at the time (back in 1977). War is no fun... and damn scary (and scarring sometimes) for children! I'll leave it here and would just say that we've got it much more than simply “good” here down under. A state of being I sure would never take for granted (knowing the alternatives) and would always appreciate.

Carry on...

Fadi.

Apologies, we're lucky to have a contribution from someone who can give a first hand account.

Apologies, we're lucky to have a contribution from someone who can give a first hand account.
Not at all, no need for aplogies please. I hadn't contributed to this thread when you made your comment skidmark. You were quite right mate.

Fadi.

300 a week ? How much will it cost to feed them and with the extra ppl in the house all your bills will go up it will cost you money to house these people it's a bad idea

I think we need to look after our own people before we look after these people how many homeless do we have and the poor struggling to survive

Just saying .

300 a week ? How much will it cost to feed them and with the extra ppl in the house all your bills will go up it will cost you money to house these people it's a bad idea

I think we need to look after our own people before we look after these people how many homeless do we have and the poor struggling to survive

Just saying .
We hear what you're saying and we thank you for expressing your views Sir.

Fadi.

How are we not looking after our own people?
We house the homeless. They chose not to stay in homes.... As others have said. we have one of the best welfare system in the country.

Eg
a lady comes into the bank for a small personal loan because she needs money to pay bills. We look at her account and she is a frequent customer of Dan Murphy/bws.
Centrelink and other ngo organisations offer budgeting classes. cheap food and loans.

Help is out there. Its up to them to take it.
I'm not saying we should not help our country man, woman and child. I'm saying help all.