• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Yet another "buying a home gym setup" thread

What state are you in Percieve? If you're in WA we could both order and split the shipping fee lol.

Nah I am in Melbourne but I can understand why you'd want to reduce shipping all that way! Do you have any idea how much shipping will be to Perth?

Nah I am in Melbourne but I can understand why you'd want to reduce shipping all that way! Do you have any idea how much shipping will be to Perth?

Have a quote in at the moment for quite a few items, total shipping comes to around $310

That's a lot but realistically probably not too bad for the size/weight of some of this stuff

Even with shipping, they're still cheaper than the places over here. That's probably because the places over here have to pay that same shipping to get it :p

Oh. I'd always thought franks ton people said they were from the mornington peninsula when they wanted to make things sound better.

I might as well ask any opinions for a good bench before this goes too far off topic?

I haven't checked out a pic of the commercial rack for a while, but from memory the only significant advantage over the MMPR rack is built-in plate storage.

You just have to ask yourself if this feature warrants the extra cost. I've got the MMPR and lean all my plates on the side wall of the garage. Very easy to access and takes up stuff all room. Personally, I wouldn't be paying extra for the commercial rack....although I do like the look of it...sweet piece of equipment.

I haven't checked out a pic of the commercial rack for a while, but from memory the only significant advantage over the MMPR rack is built-in plate storage.

You just have to ask yourself if this feature warrants the extra cost. I've got the MMPR and lean all my plates on the side wall of the garage. Very easy to access and takes up stuff all room. Personally, I wouldn't be paying extra for the commercial rack....although I do like the look of it...sweet piece of equipment.

The commercial rack also has raised frame on the sides which allows you to get your feet out wider for wide stance squats or sumo rack pulls.

The plate storage is ok but defiantly not the only significant advantage. The main one by a mile is the standard is only rated to 700lb. That's what your paying for, the extra strength rating.

Go the commercial one, you won't be disappointed. Get the flat commercial MM bench as well (I have it) because it is a sturdy, wide, and practical piece of equipment to own.

If money is no worry, there is other racks that are good, I like the Matrix single cell from Iron Edge (pricey though) and its 4mm thick, even stronger.

For similar money there is Rouge power racks, can't give them a wrap as I have never seen one in the flesh, but they are supposed to be good.

At the end of the day, MM racks are of good quality with plenty of strong mofo's from this site that own them and use them. Can't really give them a better wrap than that.

When you get your shit, post pics for the drool factor lol. :p

Would the commercial rack fit inside a spare bedroom of the house with normal ceiling height 28c and single door entry? I am planning to get the carpets ripped up and gym flooring put in, have the rack in there and bam, instant gym. That would be awesome.

Would the commercial rack fit inside a spare bedroom of the house with normal ceiling height 28c and single door entry? I am planning to get the carpets ripped up and gym flooring put in, have the rack in there and bam, instant gym. That would be awesome.
this rack
HPRSP Commercial Power Rack
is 2.2 m high.

the only problem you would have with fitting it in is if the bedroom is down a hallway that is sort of narrow, even still theres a good chance you could fit it in.

i wanted to steal the spare bedroom in my house for a gym, then mum turned in into a permanent bedroom for my 4 yo niece.... :mad: not fair