• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your favourite routine

S

Stiffy

Whats your favourite routine? If theres another thread on this pls delete this @Shrek ;

Mine has to be

For BB

(1) 3 on 1 off (PPL) or a variation of.

For performance

(1) 5/3/1 BBB (with some alterations lol)

Definitely the 1970s proto-powerlifter / strongman / bodybuilder split

Monday:
Squat + Legs

Wednesday:
Bench + Chest

Friday:
Deadlift + Back/biceps

Saturday:
Press + shoulders/triceps

Definitely the 1970s proto-powerlifter / strongman / bodybuilder split

Monday:
Squat + Legs

Wednesday:
Bench + Chest

Friday:
Deadlift + Back/biceps

Saturday:
Press + shoulders/triceps

I'm doing that at the moment in the morning and with cardio in the evening ......... and with no days off Bazza style.

Full brah split for me, love it.
tried the whole body thing but bores the shit out of me.

I could not do the volume I do and do that without off days!
But if I dropped the assistance than why not? It's just one set usually. The volume comes from the assistance

I've posted it here before.
Ill post it again tmrw from Lappy. To arduous on phone.

The best I reckon is Gwyneth Paltrow's fitness toning routine as featured on Oprah and August issue of Harpers Bazaar mag. It's brill because you don't need any more than 1.5kg weights, but be prepared to sweat it out in your lululemon!

Coming in a close second is 5/3/1 with any variation (except the I ain't doing jack shit = I love being a lazy bitch), the highlight being the BBB challenge because it was fun training high volume and looking visibly pumped up after running it.

Day 1 - Shoulders + DL
  • OHP
  • Side Raise
  • Rear Raise
  • DL
  • Shrugs

Day 2 - Bench + Rows
  • Bench Press (or DB's)
  • Flyes or Crossovers
  • Row (Barbell or Dumbell
  • Chest Supported Row
  • Sometimes I will add incline press and stiff arm pulldowns on this day.

Day 3 - Legs (Example below - You can change or mix up exercises. I will front squat regularly)
  • Squats
  • Leg Press
  • L.E
  • Leg Curl
  • Stiffies

Day 4 - Chins / Dips + Arms + Calves
  • Chins
  • Dips
  • Curls (BB or DB)
  • Lying tricep extension
  • Cable Curl (Optional)
  • Tricep Pusdown (Bar or Rope) Optional
  • Calves - Combination or seated, standing and toe press.

Take a rest day as need. Can do 2 on 1 off 2 on or 4 on 1 off etc.

Last edited:
$20 in my bank account if you wanna use this routine and I will e-mail a PDF version with sets and reps and even a cutting diet.. No stealing. PPPlease... see what I did there? :)

Powerlifting to Win version of 5/3/1 (main lifts done twice a week, 5x5 or 5x3 depending on which week of the cycle ie 5x5 squat on dl day etc)

PTC Beginner (for beginners, I was introduced into lifting with 5 day brah splits, good way to spin wheels and not get stronger in comparison).

3 days on, one day off
Day 1 legs, Day 2 chest, shoulder presses, triceps; day 3 back, biceps and abs.

* 4 days split training using 5/3/1 as the basic template and then throwing in heaps of additional sets to make up for volume. Love it, will be using this for the rest of the year srs.
* 1 day conditioning or some sort of cardio (jerking off does not count :()

Day one: Bench, OHP, Pull ups 4-10 x 3 + few sets BB curls if i have time
Day two: Squat, DL, BB row 4-10 x 3 + calves

2 on 1 off usually does the trick

Enjoying 5/3/1 at the moment. Probably be running it for at least a year at this stage, then change to something else once I have my proper gym set up.

Why not??

Do you eat the same thing every day?? Do you drive the same car your whole life?? Do you wear the same pair of jeans all your life?? etc etc

It's convenient at this time when I have limited gym equipment available. limited training space, limited time??

Once I have my full time gym set up and change jobs again I will hopefully be spending a whole lot more time in there.

Will be a dedicated gym 12 meteres by 6 meters with a 12 meter by 3 meter awning out the front, will have heavy bags, boxing/sparring area, full gym with everything you could need. Will also be training my son, and some of his mates in there.