• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni's diet log

When you're dieting, do you include carb refeeds once or twice per week? Do you take full diet breaks, and eat at maintenance for a couple of weeks to get your hormones back up a little bit?

Yeah I do 6-10 day keto runs followed by a carb up. It's not a full blown carb supercompensation just a 3-4 hour eating fest. I am currently taking a diet break before my deadlift competition to get my energy up- but it's still ketogenic.

I had a good chat with Jamie Lewis and a few other people. Calorie restriction for me wasn't the best choice as I am hyperactive with a metabolic furnace that "Heinrich Himmler would be envious of". Jamie came up with these recommendations because he was sat on his ass all day programming SQL scripts and was starting to turn middle aged. He dieted successfully on naught but chicken wings by the kilo before.

So after the meet, I'll follow a more auto-regulatory approach, keeping my general template and macros. But if I get to lunch and I am lethargic I'll have some ghee, cream and almonds on top of the usual lunch and have more fatty meats for dinner. If energy levels are peaking then I'll simply switch to leaner meats

day 4 1000-1500kcal
noticing daily changes, it's pretty awesome. energy is kinda high, a little lethargic but energy is high in training still

Also buddy Gale, who has been helping me out with this says I am blessed genetically with my frame :p

And that sticking to this diet I should be pretty shred indeed by the end of the year. Just need bigger chest and bigger "bank account" and I could be a top physique competitor apparently. Too bad I'll just be ruining lives in strength sports :D

haha yeah but I am advancing fast
I'm not sure if I'll be doing GPC nationals this year though, depends on work and funds. Might be better to do the CAPO stuff if I want to go to worlds. I like to get there early and have a good rest pre-meet, none of this fly in fly out crap. But then it is in Brisbane this year and I do really like Brisbane

Energy is very low now, constantly tired but still strong in the gym. Did BTN push press today, just focusing on fun stuff. Lots of sets of 4 at 70% which was 50kg, then some doubles at 60kg and a death set with 40kg on klokov presses. I did maybe 15 sets total today and it was good fun. This is the key I think, especially right after a meet

Hate to burst your bubble but you could never be a physique competitor or bodybuilder, you have strange proportions. Stick to strength lol

How long are you staying at this cal intake?

Gale thinks until the end of the year
I am looking fat and water very fast. Daily changes it's great
Having trouble sleeping though

Genics I have no desire to compete in physique, he just says my frame is near perfect for it

Oni, my opinion you maybe 65kg ripped, so you can 'forget about it'.

You are what bb's may call 'a stick'.

Nothing wrong with that, I am one too.

Oni, my opinion you maybe 65kg ripped, so you can 'forget about it'.

You are what bb's may call 'a stick'.

Nothing wrong with that, I am one too.

but 0ni didn't have the best childhood for this and has had to overcome a lot of "disadvantages".

I was a ward of the state, so we have similar excuses for our mediocrity.

a forced vegan or vegetarian as well? I suspect 0ni had some of the lowest Test levels of anyone on this forum, prior to lifting.

I have said before I am a woman trapped in a man's body, so this probably means I have low test as well.

That reminds me, testosterone test soon to see how much of a man I still am.

Got to give credit where due; Oni has achieved much with his diet alone. Believe it or not.

I have said before I am a woman trapped in a man's body, so this probably means I have low test as well.

That reminds me, testosterone test soon to see how much of a man I still am.

Got to give credit where due; Oni has achieved much with his diet alone. Believe it or not.

Yeah thanks
People like to throw around the body weight, allegations of grams of gear + insulin, DNP, who knows what else (which is hilarious on the next level and so transgresses the truth to such a degree it's not even wrong)

This is why you let the pictures do the talking. 5kg of real, REAL muscle on a frame is a transformation. But many people here don't understand this. There are maybe two, three people on this forum, the entire forum that have gained quality muscle and got to a level of condition that actually looks decent. Pistachio, jzpowers, maybe joel I've never seen his real pics just forum avatar

When I am very ultra lean yeah I will be maybe 65kg. I was very lean and 50kg before, we are talking more than 10kg on the frame, fat permabulkers will like to point this out but the fact remains that pictures don't lie at all, scale means nothing. I got up to 78kg, big woop, goes to show that at least 10kg of this means nothing at all

10kg of solid muscle on a frame is a transformation for anyone. Even 5kg is a transformation and most people, steroids are not will be lucky to gain that in a year after the first few years of real training. If you look at my picture and imagine that it was not 75kg but 65kg (because that is the "real" weight then add 10kg of real muscle to that, I'd only be 75kg but the difference would be HUGE