• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

10 Rules of getting BIG

Originally Posted by PTC
THE RULES OF THE GYM FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GET BIG.

This should really explain everything you need to know about this thread. The article was given this title for a reason, for those who want to get BIG. I cannot emphasise this enough.

If the thread was titled "How to gain muscle while maintaining a 6-pack" then I would consider the whole gaining mass V excess fat gain arguement to be relevant. However, this is not the case so can we please stop bitching about it.

Thankyou,
Jason

Note: Original post has changed

This should really explain everything you need to know about this thread. The article was given this title for a reason, for those who want to get BIG. I cannot emphasise this enough.

If the thread was titled "How to gain muscle while maintaining a 6-pack" then I would consider the whole gaining mass V excess fat gain arguement to be relevant. However, this is not the case so can we please stop bitching about it.

Thankyou,
Jason

Note: Original post has changed

Well said.

From the legend himself

That's right! It's not embarrassing at all to be enormously fat with a squat weaker than most trained 165 pound guys can pull off.

Good on you for keeping the Starting Strength spirit alive! Strength to weight ratios? Pfff. Anybody can be lean and strong. Being morbidly obese and weak? That takes dedication.

One could write all you need to know in less than a thousand words.

But first one needs to work out how much exercise is required rather than how much he can stand.

While i havn't GOMAD, iv'e found best strength/size gains when added 2l of milk to my diet for 3 months over winter. I did gain some fat, but it's well worth it. Will do the same for longer at the end of summer.

While i havn't GOMAD, iv'e found best strength/size gains when added 2l of milk to my diet for 3 months over winter. I did gain some fat, but it's well worth it. Will do the same for longer at the end of summer.

2L = approx 1000 cal
4L = approx 2000 cal

strong difference is strong.

If your a non drug user and you want to put on stacks of muscle without gaining some fat along the way you should reconsider your stance on drugs.

Gain a shit load of weight and muscle then diet down to where you want to be.

Building meaningful amounts of muscle takes years, a diet can have you looking very lean in a few months. Do the hard work and put on some fat first.

Building meaningful amounts of muscle takes years, a diet can have you looking very lean in a few months.

That's not true. Once your body develops a set point it will do its very best to maintain it, especially if that bodyfat is reasonable (13-17%).

That's not true. Once your body develops a set point it will do its very best to maintain it, especially if that bodyfat is reasonable (13-17%).

If your consistent you should b able to keep cutting down to below 12%. If you can handle working out on minimal calories and few carbs.

If your consistent you should b able to keep cutting down to below 12%. If you can handle working out on minimal calories and few carbs.

Whether through 'culking' or fat bulking I'm yet to see a nat get above 80-90kg LBM. All I know is that one method is a lot healthier/easier for most people.

But maybe that reflects my goals - not being a fatass.

I've seen it first hand so I know its true.

You need to get off the keyboard and get out more.

I reckon I could get well below 10% pretty quickly

I'm around 12-13 atm and practically live off subway and protein shakes

I reckon I could get well below 10% pretty quickly

I'm around 12-13 atm and practically live off subway and protein shakes

Zyzz. The guys on drugs and ketos regularly to come in at 'only' 8%.

30865_389813974778_632564778_4118150_4078666_n.jpg

I'm not saying that this should be everyone's goal, merely that its not 'easy'.

Whether through 'culking' or fat bulking I'm yet to see a nat get above 80-90kg LBM. All I know is that one method is a lot healthier/easier for most people.

But maybe that reflects my goals - not being a fatass.

I've been reading a little on this lately to make more realistic goals as a natural trainee.
From what I've seen, for a 6ft tall guy, the max lean body mass would be closer to 80kg than 90kg as given in your example.
So the genetic limit for a 6ft tall guy is closer to 90kg total bodyweight at 10% body fat, (10% is lower than most people assume).

Some beginners wanting to be 100kg shredded (5%) at say 6ft just doesn't seem likely for a natural trainee.
Of course, there is some variation due to genetics.

Go on, where have you seen it being easy getting below 10%?

Never said it was easy.

You just said your body will do its best to resist, and it will. Just like when you try and add heaps of muscle or make any major change.

You just have to work damn hard.