• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

10 Rules of getting BIG

That was a fun read...Ive added a couple of my thoughts/questions below in bold...

THE RULES OF THE GYM FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GET BIG.
1. Supplements

As a begginner, I understand I need to put in hard work, not supplements. I would have thought the guys that are really big (and take getting big seriously) would be taking everything they can get there hands on? Thought it was funny though that this guy approves of creatine, but discredits it at the same time lol.

1.1 An aside related to supplements: muscle magazines.

Couldn't agree more. Interesting to see how some of the big guys (supposedly) work out but they contradict each other so much it's not gonna help me at all.

2. Protein and Mass shakes

I have a protein shake in the morning and a WPI shake after each workout... interesting to hear that Im wasting my time/money (except the milk of course!). Seriously, Im FIIK if its doing anything...

3. Milk
Drink an extra gallon of milk a day. You will get massive. Milk is God. Drink it whole. Nuff said.

This would make sense, just make sure you're working out too!

4. Workout
Go to the gym and do some squats, do some deadlifts, do some bench/shoulder press.

I've finally learnt this valuable piece of info...good to see it being re-enforced...

5. Consistency

Agree wholeheartedly...

6. Nit-picking

You weigh 150lbs and no one gives a fuck about your right pec. There are more important things to think about like actually getting some pecs to sculpt.

So true!!

7. The Olympic barbell

I'm now on this wagon...why is this a closely guarded secret in Gym's? My gym has 3 squat racks and there's always one not being used. No Im not telling you where I work out. :p

8. Overcomplicating

This. This comes from PT's and reading too many magazines...

9. ABS, the scourge of the gym

I'm not sure what his point is here... I agree with him, Im just not sure what the point is.

10. Impatience and hardgaining
You need to train like a fiend. FOR YEARS.

This truth is what turns people off training, and what magazines will never utter.

11. And finally…..equipment
FOR GODS SAKE TAKE THOSE FUCKING GLOVES OFF.

Lol, I hope to one day be able to lift heavy enough to require said belt. And as Rippetoe says in Starting Strength "If you insist on wearing gloves, make sure they match your purse".

I was just adding my 2 cents worth... what do you think of my assessment?

Also, do you think protein shakes are a waste of time, except for the milk?

yea ur assessment was correct.

Protein shakes are not a waste of time, although better choices could be made (steak, chicken ect.) It is better to get your macros from whole foods but if this can not be done, protein shakes are fine.

Consistency

If u stop training all those rules don't mean shit and your just another weak small-fat weakling once again

I use gloves - keeps me in the good books with my wife..
I use power-lifting belt on all heavy deads and squats.
I wrap my knees on heavy leg work.
I use the smith machine as free squats hurts to much. I am getting old.
what does it have to do with size?

Size comes from heavy weights , persistence , knowing the balance between intensity to recovery, good diet , genetics . and hormones.
btw:
Raw milk , the best post workout drink. I think pasteurized milk milk is unhealthy , and I can not digest it anyway..