• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bench pressing

B1 and B2 ???

Bananas+In+Pyjamas.jpg

Big thanks to all those who put in their 2.5c worth.

A nice new hobby of mine is to study training programs, to get an idea of what's happening in terms of volume, intensity and so forth.

When it comes to flat & incline presses in the same workout, i wasn't sure how 'common practice' it really is! They're obviously unique exercises in the sense that a power snatch and a full snatch are similar, but different. Maybe that's a bad example........

I do both, after months of just doing flat but introducing incline, I have noticed my upper pecs getting a little more "developed". Plus, my chest is shit so the more I can do the better.

For the people who do incline (I'm thinking about adding them as well), how many degrees do you set the bench to?

Cheers, I will give it a shot, I've noticed that my upper chest is lacking compared to my lower chest. I'm starting to develop a bit of moobs...

I tried incline on my bench, I really had it set up poorly, Felt so akwatd and odd to hold, Could barely get under the bar. But i couldent get the weight up, It felt so heavy. Il try set up property and go again

I tried incline on my bench, I really had it set up poorly, Felt so akwatd and odd to hold, Could barely get under the bar. But i couldent get the weight up, It felt so heavy. Il try set up property and go again
You do realise that you won't be able to lift as much as you do with a flat bench?

I remember incline benching when I first started (after having learnt flat only).. it was hard. You can't lift much and it's hard to stabilise yourself properly.

my incline bench weight is pretty close to my flat now but when i first did incline it sucked arse was like half of my flat bench weight

What do you mean by 'had the bench setup wrong'?

Yes its a fully adjustable samson bench, So the back piece goes up and down, and the arms on the side that hold the bar can can be swung pretty much like a door then lock in to get the bar sitting over you at different positions, I could barley get my head under the bar the way it was, A recipe for injury they way i did it.