• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

There are protein shakes which already contain creatine in them. Have to say creatine is the best supplement for giving you lean muscle tissue. Most pre workouts have it added into their formulas. Not a magic bullet, you still have to have a good diet and train hard.

There are protein shakes which already contain creatine in them. Have to say creatine is the best supplement for giving you lean muscle tissue. Most pre workouts have it added into their formulas. Not a magic bullet, you still have to have a good diet and train hard.

They're very expensive compared with getting separate pure products.

Not the best as you should try an cycle creatine .. Not drink it all year round in your shakes .

I thought I would share my experience with Creatine.

I started taking Creatine Mono about 4 weeks ago and I'm about to go back into my cycle.

When I was in the "Loading phase" I was pushing weights I could never lift. Like literally NEVER even consider lifting because I can't even manage 1 rep. I was smashing 6-8 reps out no problem.

When I cut back to the "Maintenance phase" I had to drop the weight back to my normal lifting weight +15%

Now I'm on the "Off phase" I had to drop even more! I can smash out more sets but less weight.

Kinda weird and the only thing that has changed in the routine is Creatine...Loading starts again today so will keep an eye on performance over the next week.

Certainly not advocating drinking it year round by any means. A few protein powders are reformulating the ingredients to include creatine. I bought some Scopion creatine of 1 kg creatine for $29. Since I have been getting it through various pre-workout formula, I may not do a loading phase, besides I have years of experience in the gym as well, it works different for a first time user. However I have never notised my strength going down when not using them, nothing worse than an off day at the gym is the worst I have experienced.

Becareful, its a lot of power to be able to handle.....

On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mum asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mum ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mum, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mum I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mum I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

Last edited:

On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

alot of drinkers in this forum hey???

I thought I would share my experience with Creatine.

I started taking Creatine Mono about 4 weeks ago and I'm about to go back into my cycle.

When I was in the "Loading phase" I was pushing weights I could never lift. Like literally NEVER even consider lifting because I can't even manage 1 rep. I was smashing 6-8 reps out no problem.

When I cut back to the "Maintenance phase" I had to drop the weight back to my normal lifting weight +15%

Now I'm on the "Off phase" I had to drop even more! I can smash out more sets but less weight.

Kinda weird and the only thing that has changed in the routine is Creatine...Loading starts again today so will keep an eye on performance over the next week.

Did you use Pct when you come off your creatine cycle.

On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mum asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mum ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mum, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mum I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mum I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

Haha, so true, I felt the same way the first time I cycled it, but have stopped now as I don't want to end up like Zyss and I want to be natty:p

I have no other explanation for the increase in weight? Nothing else in my diet changed and I don't take any other supplements. I tried the same weight yesterday and failed after 1.5 reps, I can't explain it...

Haven't really noticed much difference in my performance since starting my creatine cycle three months ago. I might stop it just to see if anything changes (apart from my weight).

Join the club. I notice no difference as well.

Maybe because I eat a lot of read meat. Usually 300-400gms once per day. Sometimes more.

It's creatine what do you expect. Benefits are small and its going to be almost impossible to notice with all the other background noise of what's going on in day to day life effecting your workouts.

I did hear on a podcast today that you would need to eat 10lb of red meat a day to top out your creatine stores. Not sure how accurate that is but i would be surprised if 300g a day would do it.

The fact that 1kg sells for 20 bux and lasts months I continue to take it.
Can't hurt anyway.