• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

When this runs out I'll try either Concret (pills or powder?) or BN Mono.

We first heard of this Conret word this week in Tuesday's Bulk Nutrients Question & answer segment. The claim was that it is superior to other Creatine due to "enhanced solubility & plasma uptake."

They provided us with this link: CON-CRĒT | Creatine studies support CON-CRĒT ’s effectiveness

When we looked into it, we found that the word "Concret" was just a registered trademark name (like "Creapure") as a cover up for Creatine HCL.

Here was our answer...

The study is legit, yes Creatine HCL is 30 times (or whatever) more soluble than Creatine Monohydrate, but so is Creatine Ethyl Ester, and many others.
Solubility has nothing to do with effectivness!
Which was very clearly proven with CEE.

For the last 10 years companies have been coming up with all kinds of Creatines, ALL of them are more soluble than Creatine Monohydrate, however NONE of them have shown better results in terms of strength and muscle volume.

There is one study that exists which shows Creatine HCL being equal to Creatine Monohydrate using a smaller dose. This doesn't make it better as its far more expensive - so Creatine Mono is still much more cost effective.

The study also mentioned that Creatine HCL did not provide the same effects on muscler volume that Creatine Monohydrate did, so while it was fine for strength (at a much greater price) it still wasn't as good for building muscle size as creatine mono.

The sad thing about Creatine HCL is that manufacturers are jumping on one single study which suggests it is as good as Creatine Mono for strength (but not muscle size), compare this to literraly hundreds if not thousands of studies which prove the effectiveness of Creatine Monohydrate.

The validity of Creatine mono compared to everything else is ridiculous. It's like Daewoo builing a race car comparing it to a Ferrari, saying one study showed it accelerated as fast - but showed less reliabaility. You'd then look at Ferrari's long term reputation and realise they were a much surer bet, as they have proven themselves over years - as Creatine Mono has.

If you would like a good read, Will Brink is a very knowledgable guy who has reviewed a massive amount of studies on Creatine. He is a huge fan of Creatine Mono:

The Creatine Grave Yard

“Buffered” Creatine Update!

If you have any studies which show any form of Creatine is actually better for strength and muscle size than Creatine Mono, we would love to see them.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll save myself some money and pick up some mono.

Still intend on using Concrete.

Why??

It's just a name tag with a huge price tag:confused:

I will bottles some 'Super grow triple anabolic hyper strength muscle exploding extra dense titanium creatine' for you if you like, will only be $100 for 200 gram.:p

Let me know how much you want:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll save myself some money and pick up some mono.

Now here is a astute buyer!!

Last edited:
Why??

It's just a name tag with a huge price tag:confused:

98 serves for around $80 is the best priceI could find and is a little on the ridiculous side isn't it. You can get 4kg delivered for the same price from BN! That's about a year and a half supply for me.

Anything that almost anyone needs to know is in the below videos

Getting The Most From Creatine - YouTube

^^Done with standard creatine mono not micronised.

Creatine Versus Micronized Creatine - YouTube

Creatine monohydrate vs other forms - YouTube

Creatine Loading - YouTube

Creatine Side Effects: The Facts! - YouTube

Creatine stability - YouTube

This may sound really stupid to some.... But i take no sups other then maybe 1 scoop per day of WPC...

So is creatine OK to take when the aim is loosing weight, Still lifting heavy as possible while on 2000 cals per day, Doing a bit of cardio these days aswell

Surely is could only help with bigger lifts ect while eating as little as possible

Last edited:
Loading just means you'll reach saturation a bit earlier. Over the period of a 6 or 8 week cycle it matters little.

After reading recent research I have upped my dosage to about 25 grams to 35 grams per day and it appears to be showing immediate results.

Been using the 5 gram creatine dosage for the last year and I believe it did nothing, never noticed a difference. Since upping its have been able to push out quite a few extra reps each workout and feel stronger despite being on a keto diet at the moment. Was feeling weak and low on energy before upping my creatine.

Check ONI's thread on 60 grams of creatine per day.

I just ordered 2kg from BN, should be here tomorrow. Not sure how long I will keep it going at this stage, but it seems to be working at the high dosage. Never noted any difference on 5 grams a day, and was only taking it as it's cheap and just in case. :rolleyes:

I thousands of studies done on Creatine no link to Creatine consumption (even in high doses) has been linked to any kidney damage.

It seems to be a bit of an old wives tale or urban myth from what I can work out.

I upped my creatine dosage of late and its worked awesome. I have been getting through my left over creatine a lot quicker.

I can remember when I was a rep for Vital Srength and was able to buy 5kgs of Pure creatine micronized orange flavour for $80.(Three quaters of the tub went off before you could use it)
Whey protein Isolate was Under $80 bucks for 5kg and if you brought 3 you got a third for free not look at the overpriced buckets.....(oh and I got a further 20% off any purchase as well.
Feeling very old.
It does work and has been for a long time

I'm sure there is a better site out there.
I know its in your skeletal system and gets drawn out 95% wikki says Creatine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I just brushed up a bit it even states it improves brain function compared to the placebo effect.
Its even in your sperm. though I doubt a lot.
I remember reading about it about 14 yrs ago.
Regards,
G.

I use the brand Universal USA made ​​the best I've ever used, great gains...

Universal Nutrition, Creatine, 2 Bottles, 200 g Each:

2013-03-07143935_zps17d281c9.jpg

should ban sokapo, he's spamming everywhere with his healthdesigns link. Strong affiliation.

This might sound like a numpty question, but I couldnt find the answer in this long thread.
My pre w/out shake is an espresso coffe with one sugar, so that's where i dump my 5g of creatine (old habbit).
The question is, does the heat of the coffee have any effect on the creatine?
Would it change the state of the quality or cause any accelerate break down, reducing its effect?
Always figure it was OK to mix with cooffee (not exteremely hot bout 70C)