• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

I really don't know the answer but to be safe I wouldn't add creatine to a hot beverage. Just drink it with water, it doesn't taste too bad.

Thanks Shrek, I find it doesnt have any taste at all, Short black with creatine has been my "get off the couch" tonic for the last 3 years.
Its probably why I wan neve sure whether it worked or not.

So i started taking creatine tuesday and the one thing i have noticed above everything else is that i feel really dry / dehydrated, have been drinking HEAPS of water and pissing like a racehorse...
Have dropped about 750g in weight but im thinking this may just be water weight as i look like im carrying less water especially around the mid section.
In addition, last night the missus said "Oh my god look at the veins in your arm", im quite vascular normally so i didnt think anything of it but that would tie in with my theory of possible water depletion..

I know creatine in most cases is known to cause weight GAIN within the first few days of taking it, has anyone experienced the opposite reaction?

I don't like creatine. It makes me look to big and puffy. Natural all the way.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Going to give Creatine another try but my bag is somewhat old and the creatine inside has become hard, is it out of date?

Last attempt gave me the worst stomach issues, but admittedly didn't drink enough water.

If it hasn't been sitting out in the sun and it's been sealed and kept in a cool place, then why not just eat the shit out of it?

Get the attack dose in ya system over the next few days so by the time that fully sik fresh bag arrives, your body is creatine saturated to the max, ready to rampage the bejesus out of the gym.

Have you finished the Maxine's thing kaz? You may hold a bit of water with creatine, which may not be ideal for final pics... But I still like using creatine when cutting.

Is the old stuff you've got just monohydrate?

Yeah I would suggest to cut out creatine in the last week of the challenge to drop a bit of water weight.

Give creatine hydrochloride a go if the monohydrate is giving issues.