• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cutting Water Weight

I have just started increasing my water intake today and dropped the carbs today
My progress has been pretty good over the last few months and have dropped a fair % in body fat.
So looking forward to see how things look after this week with the water load and low carbs. Have never put myself through this sort of dieting before. I'm down about 6kg now. The wife likes me better this way but I prefer the extra weight and strength.
I will be glad when this week is over and looking forward to a good pizza!

Yeah I am starting to drop water for my saturday meet.
I was 74.6kg this morning and need to get down to 67.5kg. yesterday was a carb day. I'll detail it all after my meet

Yeah I am starting to drop water for my saturday meet.
I was 74.6kg this morning and need to get down to 67.5kg. yesterday was a carb day. I'll detail it all after my meet

I am having about 25 grams of carbs in the morning, will do this till Friday.
Have drank about 6.5 litres today. Will stop water intake about 3pm on Friday.
Not sure if I should slowly increase the carbs during Friday or have a big carb load Friday night.

3 days in having around 8 litres of water a day.
Zero carbs, egg whites for breakfast, plain chicken breasts for all other meals meals ...yum
Peeing at least every hour and was up 3 times during the night.

Last edited:
I remember reading that starches are best for glycogen resynthesis
But if you want chocolate than eat it. I don't think chocolate will bloat you

basically you're avoiding shit that bloats you

I ate chocolate on my last cut up until the last day, still had no problems cutting 7kg on the day, man I don't miss cutting, I usually cut most carbs out 4 days before, sodium load then cut sodium 48hrs out and water load and cut water 24hrs out,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ate chocolate on my last cut up until the last day, still had no problems cutting 7kg on the day, man I don't miss cutting, I usually cut most carbs out 4 days before, sodium load then cut sodium 48hrs out and water load and cut water 24hrs out,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I won't be cutting again like this. I have been carb cycling the last month but this week with the extra water I am drinking I have lost another 1.5kg. My wife is over it though as my diet has been really strict (except for 2 beers Australia day) and have been having plain old meals of chicken, fish with no sauces or salts. So looking forward to this week being over and eating out at a good steak place.

So I have gone from 87 to 79kg today over 4 months. I was using different scales when I weighed today so not sure of their accuracy.
But its good to see the transformation...unfortunately I didn't get any before shots. Hopefully my carb up works well which I will start Friday.

Last edited:
Yeah I won't be cutting again like this. I have been carb cycling the last month but this week with the extra water I am drinking I have lost another 1.5kg.

So I have gone from 87 to 79kg today over 4 months. I was using different scales when I weighed today so not sure of their accuracy.
But its good to see the transformation...unfortunately I didn't get any before shots. Hopefully my carb up works well which I will start Friday.

what are you cutting for? sorry ive never cut for aesthetics reason, not real sure what the difference is. I love how thin you feel when you wake up in the morning during the water loading stage always feel super lean

what are you cutting for? sorry ive never cut for aesthetics reason, not real sure what the difference is. I love how thin you feel when you wake up in the morning during the water loading stage always feel super lean

A friend who is a photographer, she asked me if I wanted to do a photo shoot. She mainly does storm chasing but wanted to try and photo shoot a guy.
So I thought why not, plus will make a nice gift for the wife!

A friend who is a photographer, she asked me if I wanted to do a photo shoot. She mainly does storm chasing but wanted to try and photo shoot a guy.
So I thought why not, plus will make a nice gift for the wife!

awesome, good way to give yourself motivation to get ya training into gear, the way I cut I end up looking like Im dying of cancer, so prob not the look your after :p, maybe stay a little hydrated

You guys cut sodium out pretty late huh
My last sodium rich meal was on Sunday for a Saturday meet

Today is my carb up day.
My body is in full flush mode now. Drinking around 9 litres a day.
Last night I was up every hour to empty the bladder. Crap sleep.
Only having about 2.5 litres today then stopping around 3pm.
Dropped another 1kg according to the scales.

Diuretics are worse than anabolic steroids - do not mess with these sorts of drugs please.

If I am trying to cut water weight I keep it simple - from a few days out -

Day 1 - 3L of water/low carb
Day 2 - 4L of water/low carb
Day 3 - 5-6L of water/low carb
Day 4 - 8-9L of water/low carb - Cut water from about 3-4pm
Day 5 - 0 water/all meals whole food (no protein shakes)/ heaps of green tea tabs/or Dandelion tea in the smallest amount of water and a number of bags i.e 5-6 in one cup and report 3-4 times during the day (same goes for green tea if no tabs)
Day 6 - Morning huge high carb meal

I have used this acouple of times in the past for vain reasons - normally drop between 3-5kg.

I ended up following this formula with a couple of simple changes. I drank around 9L water from Monday to Thurs, had about 2L Friday morn and stopped water from 12 noon. I started increasing carbs on the Friday.
I dropped around 3kg in the last week.

The definition down the side of my abbs was insane, the change was awesome. I think over a period of 4 months my body fat would have dropped down to about 8%. The photo shoot went well and pics I was impressed with.
This is something I probably wouldn't do again as I prefer the extra size and strength. I was normally around 85 to 87kg and weighed in at 77.5kg of Thursday.
I had a good feed of pepperoni pizza and a few wild turkeys last night!!