• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
its been explained to me (by cyclists) that they pay their dues by NOT being in a car?

How that works i'm not sure...

Most cyclists own a car that they pay rego on. The wear and tear on a road by a bicycle is miniscule. The costs of administering rego for bikes would be more than it brings in etc etc.

Of course similar arguments can be made by people with multiple vehicles as they can only use one at a time. 1 person with 4 cars doesn't do 4x the damage to the road.

Cyclings a great idea if the infrastructure is built for it. It's not the safest thing in AU with our obsession with trucks over trains for freight among other things. Some cyclists around here don't help themselves riding on shitty country roads with no shoulder, blind corners and a lot of heavy vehicles.

Rego for riding a bike? What's this country coming to ? Didn't you guys grow up riding bikes, imagine jumping on your bike to go to the corner shop, not only do you have to remember to put on your helmet, but you also need a photo ID, put rego on top of that and it pretty much negates the convenience of a bike. Bloody nanny state.

Maybe a permit is required if there are more than say 4 bikes on the road?

and fines given if the bloke wearing the skin tight leotards is too fat.

well bicycle is my only form of transport and also my main cardio. i will only ever use PT if i absolutely have to but i still ride from city to sunshine, to coburg, to derrimut, to altona, seaholme, dandenong etc. but i do agree that cyclists should be somehow managed better if i can say it that way. lots of reckless cyclists on the road doing stupid sh-t. pretty sure helmet fines are quite steep now and well, cops will bust cyclists in the city for taking off before the trams do even when the light is green. you have to wait and if the light goes red before you can leave. you have to wait for the next green light and i think that fine is about $200+ too.

Last edited:
Rego for bikes is stupid, I have a bike I ride occasionally, my kids ride bikes, my missus has one she hardly ever rides.

Why should we pay rego for bikes? They cause no pollution and no wear and tear on the road, most bike users already pay taxes and rego for a car anyway.

Bad enough having to pay rego for multiple cars when I can only drive one at a time.

It's not the cost or wear and tear issue, it's a way to identify people who break the law or are just shitty riders. Like most things, it's the minority screwing it up for the majority.

It's for the knobs who ride through red lights or up on the footpath when it suits them, but then want to have equal road space and rights.

Last edited:
In particular I've seen bike lanes included in the city greatly increasing traffic congestion, I'm all for less cars on the road, and I'm all for road racers paying their dues.

Ahh now it makes sense, yes we should all pay rego for bikes, great idea......NOT!!

These problems have existed for ever, harden the fuck up, it's hardly an epidemic, and fines are fairly high now for bike offences, so police can fine them for those things if they get caught, if not they will just be like most motorists who get away with breaking the road rules 99% of the time and get caught 1% of the time.

May be we should charge rego for running shoes and hiking boots as well, hell just charge rego for legs and be done with it, as there are plenty of pedestrians doing the exact same thing every day as well....

Every bike on the road is one less car, we should be encouraging the riding of bikes, may be even provide some sort of reward system as one less car is less fossil fuels burned, less congestion, less noise, etc etc. I can only see positives to more people commuting via pedal power. And I am no Greeny by a long shot. I have no problem with fining the fuck out of the ones doing the wrong thing when they do get caught.

Last edited:
Ahh now it makes sense, yes we should all pay rego for bikes, great idea......NOT!!

These problems have existed for ever, harden the fuck up, it's hardly an epidemic, and fines are fairly high now for bike offences, so police can fine them for those things if they get caught, if not they will just be like most motorists who get away with breaking the road rules 99% of the time and get caught 1% of the time.

May be we should charge rego for running shoes and hiking boots as well, hell just charge rego for legs and be done with it, as there are plenty of pedestrians doing the exact same thing every day as well....

Every bike on the road is one less car, we should be encouraging the riding of bikes, may be even provide some sort of reward system as one less car is less fossil fuels burned, less congestion, less noise, etc etc. I can only see positives to more people commuting via pedal power. And I am no Greeny by a long shot. I have no problem with fining the fuck out of the ones doing the wrong thing when they do get caught.

Spot on Mick

Less cars on tbe road you reckon Micky?
I don't know about that man, seems there are more bike riders on the road than ever and yet it takes longer to travel the same dustance than it did a few years ago.

My take on bike riders and pedestrians is this, the road is car country just like the sea is shark country so don't whinge if you get bitten while swimming.
If you're on the road then you follow the car rules, a car is a lot easier to spot than a middle aged knob in spandex

Been planning on riding to work... strategy is to take a weeks worth of work clothes in on the weekend along with some towels and showering gear, then each day i ride about 6.5 km's to work and ride back home carrying that days work clothes in my bag

Tossas in spandex and road bikes should pay rego

They should define and separate recreational bike use

drove black spur a few times and these idiot ride all wiggly oven the road on blind corners that is designed for cars

Idiotic some of the places they ride

Less cars on tbe road you reckon Micky?
I don't know about that man, seems there are more bike riders on the road than ever and yet it takes longer to travel the same dustance than it did a few years ago.

My take on bike riders and pedestrians is this, the road is car country just like the sea is shark country so don't whinge if you get bitten while swimming.
If you're on the road then you follow the car rules, a car is a lot easier to spot than a middle aged knob in spandex

Because there are ever more cars as well, It's crazy in the city.

I have no problem with people doing the wrong thing getting hit up with fines, I rode my bike for the last two days, only about 10km each time and I stay away from where cars and trucks travel, as I have no interest of getting close and personal.

No way would I consider taking on a car on my mountain bike.

Been planning on riding to work... strategy is to take a weeks worth of work clothes in on the weekend along with some towels and showering gear, then each day i ride about 6.5 km's to work and ride back home carrying that days work clothes in my bag

6.5km is not a long ride and would hardly make you sweat.

I used to ride around 8km to work when I was younger living in Sydney, and another bloke I worked with used to ride from Campbelltown to Wetherill Park rain hail or shine, he had no choice as he had no license and was not eligible to have one and needed the job.

Sometimes he used to get picked up in the arvo after work by mates, but mostly used to ride.