• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Deadlift question

Aforementioned video:
[ame=http://vimeo.com/16415807]Platform: The Barbell Shrug on Vimeo[/ame]

Yeah they are awesome. Not quite got them above my deadlift yet though. May as well do them tomorrow and max out

Yeah they are awesome. Not quite got them above my deadlift yet though. May as well do them tomorrow and max out

Did power shrugs yesterday. While I am doubtful on how much they carry over to deadlift they just smash your traps. If they are not on fire the next day you didn't do it right. Also even when using straps my grip and forearms are fried the next day. I like em.

Last edited:
Did power shrugs yesterday. While I am doubtful on how much they carry over to deadlift they just smash your traps. If they are not on fire the next day you didn't do it right. Also even when using straps my grip and forearms are fried the next day. I like em.

I am of the opinion that they will work in the same way any other partial exercise will, whether it be shrugs, rack pulls, squat lockouts, high board presses etc - it adds a shitload of mass where you want it, activates everything and gets you used to heavy ass weights.

I remember Jamie Lewis saying that whenever he drops squat partials and deadlifts out from his routine he always loses mass and he does them with fucking crazy weights - over 10 plates a side

lockout.jpg

I am of the opinion that they will work in the same way any other partial exercise will, whether it be shrugs, rack pulls, squat lockouts, high board presses etc - it adds a shitload of mass where you want it, activates everything and gets you used to heavy ass weights.

I remember Jamie Lewis saying that whenever he drops squat partials and deadlifts out from his routine he always loses mass and he does them with fucking crazy weights - over 10 plates a side

lockout.jpg

Fuark... Love the pic

Did power shrugs for the first time in a long time yesterday. I am in a world of (good) pain. Had great form with 140,180, but was a little short at 220. Gotta get used to the form of them again.