• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What utter shit. Weightlifting has nothing to do with health and is a sport that screws up a lot of peoples long term health.

Holy shit that chick is so fat it disgusts me, who the fuck could be proud of that, thats some serious fucked up mental issues right there.

The only positive thing about being overweight is: You can burn more calories during a workout.

That is it.

There is nothing fantastic about being obese, morbidly obese etc

There seems to be a lot more women out there proclaiming their love for their seriously overweight bodies. That Chrissy chick off channel 10's The Circle is the latest to declare a love for her body rolls.

Seriously, how can they expect to be taken seriously? If there was a magic button to give them the fittest, healthiest body possible, there's no way on this earth, they wouldn't press it. I think there are a lot of psychological issues going on upstairs, not to mention the fact that for some, even just thinking about where to start has them looking in the fridge for answers.

I do have empathy for obese people, however, I often wonder at what point in these people's lives do they look in the mirror and realise enough is enough, it's time to take back control. My mum is a good example, a registered nurse of 30+ years (so she has the education to understand the ramifications of poor diet and no exercise, she has severe hypertension, huge amount of belly fat, 2 bulging discs and borderline diabetes. She talks constantly about the need to lose weight; going to do this and that -gotta lose the fat etc. Yet the effort meter never gets above zero.

It's frustrating in the extreme.

I do have empathy for obese people, however, I often wonder at what point in these people's lives do they look in the mirror and realise enough is enough, it's time to take back control.

I have never understood this either there have been times I have let myself go in the past, never to the point of obesity but I was disgusted with what I saw and people especially women treat you with disdain.

They are no different to alchos or drug addicts, actually I can relate better to alcholics and drug addicts than I can to food addicts. Is the instant satisfaction of that portion really as good as the kick an alcho gets from the bottle.

Don't even get me started on the drain they cause the health system. Fucking subsidised lap bands, anti depressants etc.

I have never understood this either there have been times I have let myself go in the past, never to the point of obesity but I was disgusted with what I saw and people especially women treat you with disdain.

They are no different to alchos or drug addicts, actually I can relate better to alcholics and drug addicts than I can to food addicts. Is the instant satisfaction of that portion really as good as the kick an alcho gets from the bottle.

Don't even get me started on the drain they cause the health system. Fucking subsidised lap bands, anti depressants etc.

Good post, and I entirely agree.

Speak of the devil, Chrissie, from The Circle, wrote a column in the Sunday Magazine about joining another gym. 4th or 5th apparently. She goes on to say how previous gym experiences have left her disillusioned but she now has renewed enthusiasm. Then, the next 5 paragraphs are about past and future excuses. She concludes with an attempt to draw a parallel between having a PT for 30min x 3 days per week as proof of her commitment to improve her life.

Well, that was a change of heart from "I'm fat and happy". I'm not holding my breath but I do hope she remains committed to achieving her desired results. This time.

*Randon post*
[MENTION=15762]El Testicle[/MENTION]; [MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION];

obese-woman-asian-_ud57.jpg

[MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION];