• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

mug2k

My 1st post is a question sorry :eek:

I'm seriously considering getting this rack as it looks pretty solid but the weight ratings seem a bit exaggerated. Could any owners tell me the pros and cons of this unit. Also if anyone has the lat pulldown, is it of good quality ?.

Thanks,
Marcus

I've got the cheapest edition of the force USA power racks, works fine and haven't heard too many negative comments about Force USA racks. I make use of all the attachments, haven't had it for too long so cannot comment on general wear and tear of these racks.

I've got the cheapest edition of the force USA power racks, works fine and haven't heard too many negative comments about Force USA racks. I make use of all the attachments, haven't had it for too long so cannot comment on general wear and tear of these racks.

Yeah that one looks cool too, I've seen the youtube video of the one I want but that's by the owner of the brand I believe and I'd rather get some opinions from actual owners. Thanks for the reply !!

Personally, I'd focus more on these points when choosing a power rack:

• Sectional sizes of steel tubing, ie, 50mm x 50mm, 60mm x 60mm, 75mm x 75mm, 100mm x 50mm, etc
  • The thickness/guage of the steel used
  • The general construction of the rack - I like to see strong connection points, the bigger the better, backing plates are good too where the steel tubing has no internal reinforcement. Bigger connection points will also keep the rack more square and prevent "racking", which will make it feel more solid.
  • An overall good design, probably the most important point, keeping the lifter and intended exercises in mind, ie, allowing for a bench to be pushed back past the rear uprights, J-hooks interchangable for front inside and outside front and rear posts, good pull up bar, etc
I feel these points are more important than simply going by a weight rating, which are pretty much a figure pulled out of nowhere in my opinion.
Most racks could probably hold a dead weight of 1000lbs before failing.
However, only the stronger, well built racks will survive better when more dynamic weights are imposed upon them.

Find a balance.
A light weight, well designed rack with strong connection points could be a lot stronger than a heavy rack which is poorly designed with weak joints.
Although a well designed, heavy rack is the ultimate, provided the weight is where it's needed most.
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

I have one. Like Hulk said a static weight and dropped weight is completley different. With my rack I am very happy with it and comparing it to my mates muscle motion rack there are some similarities that make it look like it's made in the same factory. The mm rack seems a bit more stable as it doesn't have as many holes for your bars and hook heights. The pull up and band attachments are hollow but strong. I don't use the dip attachment as it feels wobbly but then its rated to 100kg and I'm 108. So I just gave it to my friend to use in his mm rack.

All in all its a good solid rack but I wouldn't be constantly dropping bars on it

I have one. Like Hulk said a static weight and dropped weight is completley different. With my rack I am very happy with it and comparing it to my mates muscle motion rack there are some similarities that make it look like it's made in the same factory. The mm rack seems a bit more stable as it doesn't have as many holes for your bars and hook heights. The pull up and band attachments are hollow but strong. I don't use the dip attachment as it feels wobbly but then its rated to 100kg and I'm 108. So I just gave it to my friend to use in his mm rack.

All in all its a good solid rack but I wouldn't be constantly dropping bars on it

So would you recommend the muscle motion over the force usa ?.

If you don't plan on using bands might as well. Or if your a bit fussy with rack heights as the force one is better for that. I'm very happy with mine, though if you want the stronger one the mm one would be the go.

I originally never planned on using bands but looking I to it with new cycle.

Best Lifts: S90kgs, B50kgs, D112.5kgs :)

My 1st post is a question sorry :eek:

I'm seriously considering getting this rack as it looks pretty solid but the weight ratings seem a bit exaggerated. Could any owners tell me the pros and cons of this unit. Also if anyone has the lat pulldown, is it of good quality ?.

Thanks,
Marcus

I don't own one yet, but I went and looked at one yesterday. It seemed sturdy (although the one i looked at also had the cable crossover attachment which would have made it sturdier). Looked pretty good to me, I'm pretty set on it now. Bargain hard, I've managed to get a quote of $700 with the pulldown attachment.

The lat pulldown was super smooth as well, at least compared to my current setup with the lat pulldown as part of the bench (Weider pro 265 for reference). Was much smoother to another one in store that only had a single rail instead of the dual as well. I reckon I'm going to get it.

I've also considered the muscle motion rack, but nowhere local stocks them it seems. The downside to the muscle motion one might be the rear crossbar on the bottom, it'd get in the way of incline benching. There was one with the rear crossbar on display (not muscle motion) at the shop I went to and incline benching would have been impossible to do without a spotter as the bar sits way too far back. Not sure what actual owners have to say about that? Sales guy said you'd have to do the inclines outside of the rack which defeats the purpose for me.

edit: the dip attachments on the force usa rack aren't all that sturdy though, good enough for me though.

Last edited:
Bargain hard, I've managed to get a quote of $700 with the pulldown attachment.
ummmmmm
sorry to bump an old thread
I was buying this rack tomorrow, and after negotiating the price.. i got to $1000 for the f-pc + pulldown attachment and i felt good :/
Am I being ripped

I have had one for over a year now, And no problems so far, good rigid frame and the lat pulldown is a great addition. My only issue to date is the lower pulley wheel getting worn out. I am going to replace it with an alloy wheel when I can find some. And while I am not lifting massive numbers I have accidently dropped over 100 kg's and the safety's did their job just fine.

Um
Ok
So initially the best price i was getting for F-PC + lat pull down was 980

But my local gym shop is closing down.. so i got a brand new f-pc for 400, lat pull down 150, pec dec 99, Force USA FID 155 with leg attachment 49 dollars

Bargain!

Um
Ok

But my local gym shop is closing down.. so i got a brand new f-pc for 400, lat pull down 150, pec dec 99, Force USA FID 155 with leg attachment 49 dollars

Bargain!
Nice. :D

Um
Ok

Bargain!

Bargain. Put up some pics when you get it set up.