• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

German Volume Training?

Whatever floats your boat mate, I haven't used a high volume training method as of yet but would like to in the future. This looks as good as any I have seen or read about.

I have heard great things about GVT as long as you keep the weight heavy. One thing to be prepared for though is your sessions taking a long time.

10x10 is pretty hardcore.

I have heard great things about GVT as long as you keep the weight heavy. One thing to be prepared for though is your sessions taking a long time.

10x10 is pretty hardcore.

its only 60 seconds rest between. So it wouldn't take too long.

How can you keep the weight heavy.. the first few sets are meant to be quite easy and then it gets quite hard from what ive read. And meant to use only about 60% of your 1rm or so.

Has anyone tried this?

its only 60 seconds rest between. So it wouldn't take too long.

How can you keep the weight heavy.. the first few sets are meant to be quite easy and then it gets quite hard from what ive read. And meant to use only about 60% of your 1rm or so.

Has anyone tried this?

60% of your true 1rm is still quite heavy. I was more talking about people who drop the weight right down to 60kg for example when their 1rm is 150kg.

60% of my 1rm would be 10x10 117.5kg... Thats pretty heavy in my books lol.

60% of your true 1rm is still quite heavy. I was more talking about people who drop the weight right down to 60kg for example when their 1rm is 150kg.

60% of my 1rm would be 10x10 117.5kg... Thats pretty heavy in my books lol.

i havent front squatted for months, but when i use to it got up to 100kg 1rm.

So im planning to do like 40kg front squats 10x10

I have done abit of 10 x 10 training and its fuarrrrrrrrrkin crazy to say the least lol....

I can safely say there is no way I could do 10x10 of an exercise like squats or deads. Not at 60%.

Maybe bench, or something smaller. But deads and squats just totally fuck me. 5x5 is enough for me lol.

did you see good gains though? Legs?

Squats and deads it was like near impossible....I used it more for bench when I was trying for an aussie jr bench record...I would mix that into my training cycles here and there....worked well and the strength I got was great...

I can safely say there is no way I could do 10x10 of an exercise like squats or deads. Not at 60%.

Maybe bench, or something smaller. But deads and squats just totally fuck me. 5x5 is enough for me lol.

Would you do deadlifts if they made your traps grow? :p

High volume is great for legs
Since I've stopped cycling my legs have shrank 1.6" in total even though I was squatting 3x a week
Mostly glycogen I suspect

High volume for legs worked better for me than dropping the volume did, GVT is high volume. Will be using it for front squats. Back squats will be 4 sets x 7 reps. This is on upper lower program btw 2 lower sessions a week, will be doing this when i go back to bulking in 2 months or so.

Rate it?

gvt - German Volume Training for Shocking Muscle Growth | Muscle & Strength

Dude your rear shoulders are goin to be hating on you. Whatever floats your boat thö. Why not do it juz with back squats ?

They used to be 27" now they are 25.4"
:(

Oh and I am a sprinter not one of those faggot hill climber endurance faggots

27 inch on a 65kg frame, even 25 inch on a 65kg frame. im going to call bs.