• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help with deadlift (vid included)

ok so learning the correct movement for the squat will help my deadlift my using the hips properly? And the hip problem is affecting my lower back.

Im going to put off powerlifting for a while, get my body right before doing powerlifting.

edit - you guys are talking about not being able to squat normally shouldn't be doing weighted squats. But im talking about the deadlift? Or is there a correlation between the two, if i can do a good squat, i can do a good deadlift?

Athought they are different exercises as whole. The squat and deadlift work the same muscles regardless. So the more u are able to squat this will increase how much u deadlift as well to a certain degree and yes both use hips.
Squats on the upward drive and to start the exercise (or hip break) and
deadlifts at the second phase of the exercise to pull the bar back up to lockout

The below are the muscles groups used in BOTH exercises.

The lower part of the posterior chain such as -
Glutes
Hamstrings
Lowerback
erector spinae

And stabalizer muscles -
Abdominals and
obliques

edit -
i am so bored at work..

Last edited:
Typically if you have the mobility to squat you will have the mobility to deadlift.

and Trent, the quads are also used in both exercises. How else do your knees straighten?

Typically if you have the mobility to squat you will have the mobility to deadlift.

and Trent, the quads are also used in both exercises. How else do your knees straighten?

Yeah i forgot about that .. I was writing shit on the fly in between surfing youtube channels FFS.. (your still a detail nazi bTW)

isnt this how u deadlift? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkT41xZNBWQ]Worst deadlift ever (hidden camera) - www.GustafOllas.com - YouTube[/ame]

I had the same problem with lower back pain roughly 3 months ago... I re-learned how to squat, changed my deadlift stance, I get the missus to stretch my legs out whenever possible and I bought myself a "the stick" to self massage my legs and back.
My back is now solid as and I'm squatting and deadlifting with no strain on my lower back at all and I've also smashed my previous PB's.

I had the same problem with lower back pain roughly 3 months ago... I re-learned how to squat, changed my deadlift stance, I get the missus to stretch my legs out whenever possible and I bought myself a "the stick" to self massage my legs and back.
My back is now solid as and I'm squatting and deadlifting with no strain on my lower back at all and I've also smashed my previous PB's.

yea im going to re-learn to squat and re asses.

I've been foam rolling and stretching every second day.

Before That I was experiencing pain in my left hip tfl.

LMD, it's just a wetsuit type belt with velcro to keep your back warm... It's not like a powerlifting belt and doesn't hinder your movement at all.

oh ok.

Well i just tried doing some goblet squats before and was experiencing some shark left knee pain. Ill try do some ago tonight

goblet squats are a mobility exercise, are they not?

like was said before - couch stretch (mobilitywod) is basically the same thing as goblet squats. Getting the hips moving the right way.