• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help with deadlift (vid included)

sweet, going to do them every day.

Might want to look at getting a belt and get a foam roller, and foam roll twice a day.

I have used a belt for deadlift and it made the problem worse.

Foam roll the hip?

and this one? (half foam roller) - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Foam-Rol...888?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0a737ad0

how often will i do these, and am i doing it for a stretch or do i actually progress in weight? High reps im guessing?

and andy, is this the only thing that can be done to fix my problem?

Use a twenty kg kb or db, doesn't care.
Three sets of ten every day, you do not progress in weight, just get yourself down in the hole and learn to squat between the legs.

Whenever you walk past a door grab both handles and squat down and stay there for a few minutes, do this as much as you can.

The penny will drop for you.

Keep doing your template but do the goblet's daily.

Once you have mastered the squat, grab a broom stick and do the same process, but with holding the stick overhead.

I don't know how long it will take, but you have your whole life to work this out.

I don't believe in stretching, foam rollers, hip mobility and all that Hoi polloi, I believe in learning and perfecting the movement, and I'm not going to quote Kyle Aaron.

Don't worry about depth. Do the pattern and get used to that position. It is natural and will come around very quickly.

Does your back look like this when in that position?

cb64f125-7a7a-c792.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why will the goblet squat help with the deadlift? I thought they were for helping with the squat?

They help with hip mobility, and teaching the body to use the hips as a pivol point, rather than kinda being 'locked' into place.

how often will i do these, and am i doing it for a stretch or do i actually progress in weight? High reps im guessing?

and andy, is this the only thing that can be done to fix my problem?

Use a twenty kg kb or db, doesn't care.
Three sets of ten every day, you do not progress in weight, just get yourself down in the hole and learn to squat between the legs.

Whenever you walk past a door grab both handles and squat down and stay there for a few minutes, do this as much as you can.

The penny will drop for you.

Keep doing your template but do the goblet's daily.

Once you have mastered the squat, grab a broom stick and do the same process, but with holding the stick overhead.

I don't know how long it will take, but you have your whole life to work this out.

I don't believe in stretching, foam rollers, hip mobility and all that Hoi polloi, I believe in learning and perfecting the movement, and I'm not going to quote Kyle Aaron.

ok awesome thanks! i can only do it 4 times a week as i don't have any dumbbells/kettlebells at home but i can do the squat with the door handle.

I can't squat properly freehand, ill hit parrellel then i will fall forward so that is defiantly a weakness.

Do it at home.

Find a rock, a basket ball, hell anything, it's the movement, not the weight that's important here.

Actions verify priorities

Do it at home.

Find a rock, a basket ball, hell anything, it's the movement, not the weight that's important here.

Actions verify priorities

okay, so just to get this right - should i go down as low as i physically can or as low before my hip starts to round ect?

ok awesome thanks! i can only do it 4 times a week as i don't have any dumbbells/kettlebells at home but i can do the squat with the door handle.

I can't squat properly freehand, ill hit parrellel then i will fall forward so that is defiantly a weakness.
No doubt. Anyone that can't do a movement properly without weight has no business putting weight on their back to do it.

When I squat freehand without a heel and without putting my arms in front of me for balance, I fall backwards not forwards lol.

No doubt. Anyone that can't do a movement properly without weight has no business putting weight on their back to do it.

This is a very sensible comment

Graham, I don't know where to start with yours

But I do strongly believe that a person must be able to squat without any added weight before considering adding, particulary anything over half bodyweight.

Too many young neophytes look to powerlifters for advice, they start lifting and even worse they start doing one rm's

The powerlifters argument is that if you can squat to depth with BW your hamstrings aren't "tight" enough, which means you will get too much depth in your squat before the Stretch Shortening Cycle kicks in. Thus losing precious kgs

Do you think that when compared to the lifting hobbyist or physical culrurlist, bodybiulders, powerlifters- hell, any professional sports person are not overly concerned about health?

I didn't say I agreed with it lol.

And LMD was asking Sticky about when there would be a comp so he has some inkling of a PL ambition

any new client i deem who cannot squat normally without any weight on their backs.. goes straight to box squats and there they stay till they can squat properly.