• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
and it was quite peculiar in terms of their approach.

It was an hour long show that started off basically glorifying steroids. They kept commenting on how they can help a person, athlete or not, become a machine and excel physically like no humans have been able to before.
They even made one statement that was along the lines of "steriods are amazing because when used a guy can have a bad diet, bad sleeping habits, smoke, drink excess amounts of alcohol and have an irregular or poor workout routine, but possibly still manage to out perform the most dedicated and strict athlete not using steroids"

The show basically praised steroids until near the end when they mentioned negative side effects. BUT the thing is, they basically said there are only bad side effects if steroids are used continuously for 10 yrs or more. They also said roid rage is a myth in general terms as it only really affects 3 or 4% of users.

It was quite bizarre.

I think the show even said at one stage they are fine to use in moderation and under a doctors supervision.

I don't think they actually intended the show to take such a stance, it may have just been due to the editing and time restraints on it, but it was unusual.

The way it was presented, if I were less educated and/or more gullible, I would have walked away thinking steroids were awesome with no risk if used for a period less than 10 years and under a doctors instructions.

I watched the same doco. It was reasonably interesting - it covered what effects steroids have physiologically on the body, how they function etc and then covered later in the show some of the side effects and how those problems come to be. From the research I've done previously I'm of the opinion that steroids taken in small doses for short periods of time have absolutely no bad side effects. Of course this also means you won't get any where near the kind of gains that most people who are abusing them will get, as you really do need to stay on them to keep your muscle mass so artificially high, so really its not worth it.

They have been used in physiotherapy for many years in small doses with no medical problems arising - but generally to rebuild atrophied muscles and the like. Corticosteriods (as opposed to anabolic) are also used quite often in medicine to supress inflamation.

was this on austar/foxtel? around 12:30 i think it was , I was going to watch it but fell asleep , i am sure it will be on again

National geographic Steroids:Building big

National geographic Steroids:Building big

Part 1
[youtube]Qc0muCszMm8[/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube]o7UateRZj_U[/youtube]

Part 3
[youtube]Bi8nGxcmNO0[/youtube]

Part 4
[youtube]tFw3_nYFXH8[/youtube]

Part 5
[youtube]U2zJSqTxybI[/youtube]

another one to look out for is " bigger,stronger,faster" with he movie's tagline being"Is it still cheating if everyone's doing it?"

this show also mentioned steroids that come in cream form.

I never knew that existed. Crazy stuff. Makes you think twice about whether or not moisturizers and other rub-on ointments could actually work. there is one for men now I saw at woolies the other day that has 'creatine' in it hahaha

this show also mentioned steroids that come in cream form.

I never knew that existed. Crazy stuff. Makes you think twice about whether or not moisturizers and other rub-on ointments could actually work. there is one for men now I saw at woolies the other day that has 'creatine' in it hahaha
What a load of shit putting creatine in moisturiser. Creatine works systemically over the whole body not localised. Marketing hype that is.:mad:

"steriods are amazing because when used a guy can have a bad diet, bad sleeping habits, smoke, drink excess amounts of alcohol and have an irregular or poor workout routine, but possibly still manage to out perform the most dedicated and strict athlete not using steroids"

Thats not true.

We watched Bigger Faster Stronger - now that is a good doco. More hospital admissions are made in relation to multivitamins than for steroids. The Arnold Pro contest doesn't drug test - hmmm why? HIV patients take steroids to prevent muscle wasting. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking juice as long as you are competing in a competition where it is accepted - yes Marion Jones shouldn't have been in the Olympics.

Thats not true.

We watched Bigger Faster Stronger - now that is a good doco. More hospital admissions are made in relation to multivitamins than for steroids. The Arnold Pro contest doesn't drug test - hmmm why? HIV patients take steroids to prevent muscle wasting. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking juice as long as you are competing in a competition where it is accepted - yes Marion Jones shouldn't have been in the Olympics.
The Arnold Pro plus many, many more. The IFBB while not condoning steroids does not test for it either.

Now while HIV patients take it for muscle wasting the amount they take is far less than what a Pro BB would take that, lets say a Pro at the sabove mentioned Arnold Pro, so your analogy is mute.
There is a difference between taking steroids and abusing them, this is where I think you are confused.
So when you say "I don't think there is anything wrong with taking juice as long as you are competing in a competition where it is accepted" are you aware of the long term effects and what exactly they take to compete in these Pro shows, let me tell you it's not a healthy state to be in.

Can you really go to hospital for a multivitamin?

I thought if you took too much your body just expels the excess through your normal waste functions.

This is true for a lot of the compounds in mutivitamins but not all - some metals etc that are put in multis can actually only be used by certain processes in the body and don't get removed via waste, hence you can build up toxic levels of them in the blood if you take too many. Also anything taken in excess can become toxic - even water. If the body doesn't have a mechanism for removing it faster than you put it in then it can kill you.

Pre contest diets are also unhealthy and can lead to long term damage. But I wouldn't recommend anybody do that or gear for 10yrs straight.

Its personal choice whether you want to jab yourself with roids, or snort a line of coke, smoke that ciggie or eat that big mac. They will all harm you in some way - some are just more socially accepted.

Who mentioned Pre Contest diets? I though we were talking about 'roids' not diets. The amount of gear needed to even get remotely close to competing in a comp of that nature is itself not very healthy let alone the pre-contest regime of thyroid hormones, 'roids, gh and diuretics.

Medical use is fine but people that dont need it shouldnt take it. Im anti drug other than alcohol that is. Supporting drug use is supporting organised crime.

I will probably get crap for saying that but thats what i think anyway.

Last edited: