• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kristos broke the all time squat and deadlift record at 67.5kg

Not gifted, didn't you pull 270ish a month or so ago lol.

You know that's close to 300 right, which is a big pull at any body weight lol

Fair enough. .Wasn't having a go at GPC. Everyone's well aware of their drug testing policy. Just wondered why some natty's choose untested feds.

Drugs are the last thing on the majority of peoples mind when chooses to lift in a non ipf fed.

PL is very different to BB. So many other variables.

Last edited:
Your humble opinion is fucking retarded
The squats were done in similar scenarios under near identical rules
The squat was deep enough to be passed in IPF. Yes he used a mono, but he also did 257.5kg walked out in wraps in training which was also more than that world record. The old knee wraps that were used were also very good. I have had my knees wrapped in them and the knee wraps that Ed Coan used were essentially just a Titan THP wrap. Coan claimed to get 40kg from his wraps and would get 15-16 revolutions from them. The bar was also an Eleiko and not one of the thicker squat bars. The only difference here is the use of the monolift and he beat the WR without that as well.

Anyone that claims this is not an absolute WR is an idiot

Haven't watched the WR but the training video here definitely no where near IPF depth. Heck, even I squat deeper than that.

There is no such thing as IPF depth, I fucking despise that term.

Every rule book I've ever seen states the same thing.
Hip crease below the top surface of the leg at the knee joint (or very similar words).

Are some referees incompetent - including the IPF? Yep.

Not gifted, didn't you pull 270ish a month or so ago lol.

You know that's close to 300 right, which is a big pull at any body weight lol

Yeah 280kg third at the recent novice comp...deadlifts I might have some natural ability, squats and bench a bit retarded, but working on it :)

I'm the same man.
Shitty bench, average squat, good pull.

The good thing is having a good pull puts you in a great spot in a meet.

Haven't watched the WR but the training video here definitely no where near IPF depth. Heck, even I squat deeper than that.

@0ni ; who's the staunch goofy looking kunt who pats him on the right shoulder at the end?

Last edited:
This is not a dig at anyone, or especially to diminish Kristos's achievement or anyone else's for that matter, but the fundamental issue with the concept of an "all time" raw and raw+wraps squat and raw bench records isn't about rule or equipment differences between federations or even drugs. It's that it isn't really "all-time".

There is a considerable period of time in the 80s and 90s were most of the top lifters were in the IPF and whose lifts would not qualify as raw or raw+wraps because they happened after suits and bench shirts were allowed (even though the early single-ply suits probably didn't offer that much compared to the wraps and bench shirts might have added only 10kg). So what is "all-time" is in fact missing a 30 year period between 1980-2010 (or around 1985-2010 for bench press if you go by PW's criteria), in what was really the golden age of powerlifting. What could have Ed Coan, Mike Bridges, Fred Hatfield, Kirk Karworski, Bill Kazmaier, Magnus Carlsson, Jaroslaw Olech etc done at their peak if there was a raw or raw+wraps division? We can't know.

While a lot of elite lifters in the US and Australia are motivated by all time records and good on them, I wouldn't say the top lifters in the IPF, who are mostly outside of the US, give a toss and probably are not even be aware of Powerlifting Watch's list. The pinnacle for them would be IPF world champion and open IPF world records. This is why some of the best IPF lifters still only lift equipped. Olech has lifted 342.5kg at 67.2kg and 367.5kg at 73kg bodyweight. What would he lift raw+wraps? easily over 300. Current WR holders, CYC, Barkhatov and Testsov don't either.

My 2c.

Anyway, Kristos is a gun and is only 19 so his numbers are only going to go up. Frightening.

Agreed, but you can only record what is recordable.

There is no point in not having them just because some of the greats aren't on there......

Ed stated with me for 2 weeks last month, he is still strong as shit.
Worked up to some very, ver easy 260kg squats.... No belt or wraps just to "loosen up" before one of my workshops.

ive had deeper squats than that redlighted.Im nowhere near this guys ability but to say they are good squats means im hoping ur the judges at my next meet.

In my opinion and based on the few meets that ive attended,you are made to squat a bit deeper than the rulebook says.However to me thats not a problem as long as its consistently judged.Its usually is.No complaints here.

Quite clearly at the top level,from what i saw at the recent IPF classics,they all squatted beyond a reasonable doubt.Anything that was doubtful was redlights.

The difference isn't in the rule book, it's in where the benefit of the doubt lies. Outside the IPF, benefit of the doubt is generally given to the lifter. Sometimes a lot of benefit :p Within the IPF, not so much, even more so at international level.

Yeah i gotta clarify here that im not doubting this guys unbelievable talent.To even walk that weight out at such a light bw is mindblowing.
Whether the squat would pass in the IPF,i dont think it would based on wat ive seen.

Oni, I repeat there are no such things as all time powerlifting records.

There are merely records set in each federation.

Take your efforts. What would you deadlift in PA after 12 months of being clean?

Dream on if you think there is no difference.

That's the great thing about the deadlift, wraps don't help, even multiply suits have minimal help, not really much to argue about, you either picked the fucking thing up or you didn't.

300kg.

there are not only issues over wraps and depth for squats.

There are major differences in terms of weigh ins and drug testing.

Records should only apply if rules are the same for all feds.

They are not.