• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kristos broke the all time squat and deadlift record at 67.5kg

Oni, I repeat there are no such things as all time powerlifting records.

There are merely records set in each federation.

Take your efforts. What would you deadlift in PA after 12 months of being clean?

Dream on if you think there is no difference.

There are all time records, they are on PL watch.

You can't deny their existence just because you don't agree.

I agree there is all-time list. I read it and appreciate it.

I respect both tested and non-tested lifters. I even respect the reality that there are also grey areas between feds.

No judgment on my part, just pointing out difficulty of comparing. If I see a huge guy at my gym benching 200kg, and he tells me he is on gear, I still know he has a good bench without stuff.

I just like to try and quantify differences, also from weigh ins and so on.

I am actually thinking, with another academic, of taking gear for a case study for older guys and quantifying differences in strength and heatlh.

Would test bench and deadlift clean and on gear, probably in 2015, if we go ahead.

I am actually thinking, with another academic, of taking gear for a case study for older guys and quantifying differences in strength and heatlh.

Would test bench and deadlift clean and on gear, probably in 2015, if we go ahead.

Interesting. How much you thinking of taking?

I would take moderate dose.

When I benched 170-172.5kg (touch and go) twenty years ago, I was only taking 250mg of test enanthate and 150mg nandrolone a fortnight.

So about 200mg per week of a long acting drug. Probably limit it to test. I would have to think about it.

My natural level of test is now 12, 16 in 2001.

No judgment on my part, just pointing out difficulty of comparing. If I see a huge guy at my gym benching 200kg, and he tells me he is on gear, I still know he has a good bench without stuff.

You may not judge him. But if he's "huge" (well over 100kg) and needs gear to get a 200kg bench, chances are he wouldn't have a three plate bench without gear. I call ******ry on this one.

Kristos is natty

AwkwardSeal.jpg

If that's the case, then that's an awesome result. That's world class, any way you look at it.

Wow this thread has gone the four corners...Raw + wraps debate, squat depth and roids...
Hope it's not forgotten what an awesome achievement for someone at just 19...and the 300kg deadlift...are we all gonna pick on that now cos it was sumo?

Wow this thread has gone the four corners...Raw + wraps debate, squat depth and roids...
Hope it's not forgotten what an awesome achievement for someone at just 19...and the 300kg deadlift...are we all gonna pick on that now cos it was sumo?

Don't forget that his stance was too wide to fit inside an Eleiko bar!!

Kristos is my friend lol

do you live with him, sleep with him etc. You don't know!

I couldn't give a furry rats ass if he's juicing he competes in GPC, but you don't know 0ni!

One of few intellegent posts so far.

I'm gonna say a few things now.

Before he took the record, I joked with Oni and a few others how comments like 'seems like a good squat, but wraps aren't raw and he used a cheater monolift' would be made. We had a good laugh, and it's very amusing seeing the exact same comments made.

As far as the drug equation. Let me tell you internet lads what integrity is about. I have banned a lifter who competed in PA from setting foot in my gym when I know for certainty he used drugs before. I was foolish enough to give this person training advice, but I despise nothing more than drugged lifters pissing in a clean pond. Kristos is drug free. We didn't claim it because with the biggest squat on paper we simply don't give a shit, and we just couldn't be bothered with the endless bitching and moaning. So we just put our heads down and got it done.

When this kid squats 330@75 in 2 years then he will be on drugs. Till then I suggest you all work harder. And I see this as someone who uses and admits to using.

I knew the comments about sumo would come. He pulls 245x2 conventional. Still 3.5x his bodyweight.

So for all the critics. Keep on being shit whilst other people are getting stronger. This was a legit squat to a good depth. We wanted a legit world record, not the shit getting passed in the US.

Thank you all for the amusing read.

do you live with him, sleep with him etc. You don't know!

I couldn't give a furry rats ass if he's juicing he competes in GPC, but you don't know 0ni!

Such butt hurt.

I picked this boy up from school everyday for a year and a half. I have spent 20-30 hours a week with him. Discussed everything with him. He is as good as my brother.

I don't want my little brother on drugs. One day he will. It's part of the sport. But for now he's not and whilst he weighs 68 fucking kg there isn't a point.

It's amusing watching so many people try to wrap their minds around this lifting by instantly throwing up criticisms like 'knee wraps, monolift, drugs.'\\

When the boy is on drugs it won't even be up for debate. Because what he will do will bend your mind.

Such butt hurt.

I picked this boy up from school everyday for a year and a half. I have spent 20-30 hours a week with him. Discussed everything with him. He is as good as my brother.

I don't want my little brother on drugs. One day he will. It's part of the sport. But for now he's not and whilst he weighs 68 fucking kg there isn't a point.

It's amusing watching so many people try to wrap their minds around this lifting by instantly throwing up criticisms like 'knee wraps, monolift, drugs.'\\

When the boy is on drugs it won't even be up for debate. Because what he will do will bend your mind.

Fuzzy, I couldn't care if he is geared or not. I couldn't care if 0ni is geared. I was just saying 0ni doesn't know for sure he isn't geared.

Good lift, great lift, I was just stating a fact, not judging anyone.