• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle Motion Power rack

are people who've got this rack able to overhead press inside it? if you can then how tall are you? also will a bar with 20kg plates on it rest on the ground or on the bottom cross members of the rack?

the space ive got means if i get this rack i wont have any space to do anything outside the rack so i dont think its going to work...

are people who've got this rack able to overhead press inside it? if you can then how tall are you? also will a bar with 20kg plates on it rest on the ground or on the bottom cross members of the rack?

the space ive got means if i get this rack i wont have any space to do anything outside the rack so i dont think its going to work...

the commercial mm rack you wont be able to deadlift inside. and you would only be able to OHP if your a midget inside the rack.

but you can do both just outside of the rack, so that shouldnt be a problem unless your really short for space.

This is what I feared... gym is in the loft so with the slope of the ceiling and where the stairs are located I would have no room outside the rack where I could work.

Last edited:
Hey All,

I have been looking in to a few home gym sets up like the above myself of late, am torn between these 2 models:

The 1st one is a Muscle Motion Smith Machine / Power Rack w/ also pecdec option etc. Muscle Motion Smith Machine / Power Rack $1795

The 2nd one is the powertec power rack with latpull down.
Powertec - Power Rack System Home Gym

The muscle motion seems to have a few more options, you can either Smith machine squats or free standing barbells squats (scroll through the close up pics). Good to train beginners with too etc. Also at that bottom you can adjust the pegs for shrugs or deadlifts too. I wouldn't need to purchase a bench as i already have one and no need for legs attachements when squats are the ultimate:)

However i dig Powertec too as it looks great, compact & sturdy and the chin up bar is also a huge plus.

I've been quoted about $1400 for Powertec with latpulldown where as the Muscle motion is slightly more expensive etc.

Any one own or used any of the following i have mentioned? Appreciate your time and feedback!

Keep liftin'.

Android.

hey Shank, ok cool, how does it hold up? you try the smith machine one in the link above? cheers for the reply.

Last edited:
How big are the boxes from the MMPR, im thinking of picking it up with my car

How big are the boxes from the MMPR, im thinking of picking it up with my car

The boxes are as big as the length of one of the pillars of the rack, plus the thickness of the cardboard.

I got one of the package deals....rack, weights, bar, bench, dip attachment...and fit it all in my car.