• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle Motion Power rack

This and the powertec are the best around.

I like the powertec a little more because samsfitness are really good to me and the rack is stronger and is more space efficient.

thats a nice looking rack you got there though.

i sold my powertec rack to buy the new forceUSA power rack from elite fitness and got an awesome deal, with 200kg of rubber weights, barbell and a latpulldown attachment. also the dip handles and extra hooks come for free. probably the biggest sell point for me was the band pegs along the top and bottom sides for my positives and negatives (powerlifter). i couldnt find any other rack in aus that had this option and can say i am more than happy! this is by far the best rack ive trained with, i already had my own bands and found it a pain in the ass to do the same exercises on my old powertec rack.. go the band pegs!! good inivative thinking by force

will take some pics of my setup and post later this week after i get my posts up, maybe will even take a vid and post on youtube for you all.

My mate has the musclemotion rack & bench however I decided to go with the forceUSA rack and bench for a few reasons:

• Has band pegs both top and the bottom
  • Came with dip handles as standard (not $65 extra)
  • had a heap more adjustments which is great for getting good lift height (I'm a powerlifter)
  • the lat pull down system is heaps smoother, has 2x cylindical guide posts on lat pull instead of square tube so seems to be much less friction
  • Bench is more stable and stronger design which is good for fat pricks like me who like to lift heavy :p
Could not be happier with the rack and bench and worth every cent, was only fraction more that musclemotion setup. Would post a pic but need to post a bit more before forum will let me, you will be seeing more of me anyway!

i got the same one too box squatter! awesome of band work! which state and which shop did you get yours from? my mates havent used bands in their workouts before and they reckon its hectic, good to keep up the intensity though!

We use bands in the muscle motion rack easily, from above on squats and below on bench, plenty of pics on our website displaying this.

I mounted the chin bar to support the bands for squats.

I thought I'd show off my new tools. It turned up and put it together yesterday.

Muscle Motion commercial rack and bench, bar, and 237.5 kg of plates.
ocau.com/pix/ab7e0 (new member)

This thing sure ain't going to break.

Question for those of you who actually have the muscle motion commercial rack, how is it going, is it fairing up well, how heavy have you been able to lift in it? Any other issues/comments? Thanks in advance.

We use bands in the muscle motion rack easily, from above on squats and below on bench, plenty of pics on our website displaying this.

I mounted the chin bar to support the bands for squats.

yeah the muscle motion rack was one of my choices but after checking it out at fitness xpress in bris with bands the band pegs on the force USA power rack keeps the bands secure compared to just looping them around the frame.. and for the same price and better quality i went for the force rack, the band pegs were the best selling pint for me though. everything else was baslically the same compared

i did consider making my own rack with pegs or just drilling holes into an existing rack, but then saw the force rack so much happier.. plus the mrs is using the bands now too so keeps her happy with me turing the g/rage into a gym ;) happy wife, happy life :)

Question for those of you who actually have the muscle motion commercial rack, how is it going, is it fairing up well, how heavy have you been able to lift in it? Any other issues/comments? Thanks in advance.

300kg rack pulls off the pins, 220kg partial squats off pins, 180kg band benching, 240kg band squatting.

It gets hammered for up to 5 hours a day non stop, over 20 lifters per day, has done for 5 months now.

as good as the day I got it.

We sometimes have 2 groups squatting at the same time, one inside, one outside. Also have squatters inside with guys jerking 140kg on the outside off the rack.

Bands hook up in seconds, either for squats or benches.

Has storage for hundreds of kilos of bumper plates.

Not anchored and has never moved.

Used for chins everynight, with up to 8 grip variations.

We stack our boxes for box squats behind it, there is a space between the rack and the wall due to the plate storage.

I suppose my rack will see more work in 5 months than most will see in 10 years in a domestic gym.

I'll have a handfull of lifters doing 350kg rack pulls in it within 6 months

I am interested in the MMPR rack the OP posted. It is "rated to 700 lbs", but how was this tested? Is that 700lbs placed upon the pins/safety bars or dropped upon the safety bars? I guess this question goes for the commercial version too.

Yep.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

I'm glad i found this thread, i'm looking at the Muscle Motion Power Rack in a package deal too.

eaglebay - You've gone for just the standard rack not the commercial one? I dont lift massive weights so was looking at the same one, do you find it holding up ok? Besides the weight storage on the side of it i probably dont lift heavy enough to warrant the extra $600 or so in getting the commerical one.

Gday s13wa, yes its holding up fine, very solid while squatting/benching etc. I bought an oly plate tree for about $130 which solved the storage of the plates.

Had to move into a rental property which has no space to set this up again, thinking of selling it and renewing my gym membership. All up it cost just over 1400 in december, would accept $1000. Can deliver to perth metro if required

I'm glad i found this thread, i'm looking at the Muscle Motion Power Rack in a package deal too.

eaglebay - You've gone for just the standard rack not the commercial one? I dont lift massive weights so was looking at the same one, do you find it holding up ok? Besides the weight storage on the side of it i probably dont lift heavy enough to warrant the extra $600 or so in getting the commerical one.

I bought the standard one too, it's been great, is solid as a rock.

I have used the commercial too, and it is a step above the standard one but it's alot more expensive and much larger.

If you train with a partner and constantly have to deload the bar and change the hook heights the commercial one makes this a bit easier, but on the other hand it's expensive and very large.

I've got around this by keeping a weight tree on either side of my standard rack.

So yeah I would highly recommend the standard rack.

Gday s13wa, yes its holding up fine, very solid while squatting/benching etc. I bought an oly plate tree for about $130 which solved the storage of the plates.

Had to move into a rental property which has no space to set this up again, thinking of selling it and renewing my gym membership. All up it cost just over 1400 in december, would accept $1000. Can deliver to perth metro if required

Argh, i just ordered mine from gym direct on Friday, otherwise i would have definitely bought yours - spewin!!

I saw a PM from you too but i cant read it as they are blocked until i have 10 posts :(