• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle Motion Power rack

lol, sorry man your post was ages away :p

If it were me I'd still not put it on those floors, way too pretty...

haha so they should be for how much they cost to have done....

(are you referring to the floors or the rack :p)

haha so they should be for how much they cost to have done....

(are you referring to the floors or the rack :p)

Haha, well the rack's quite pretty but the floors mate, well...My parents would kill me if there was plate marks in mine! :p

Here are some pics of the set up in my shed, I need to get some rubber flooring but the carpet is better than nothing for the time being. Couple of posters, a fan and maybe some music wouldnt hurt either!

Overall very happy with my purchase, should make my training less of a chore from now on;)

How did you go finding rubber flooring for your gym? My shed's just been built so I've got the order to move my gear into there. I'm in WA as well and have been looking at the same rack you have but want to get the flooring sorted before I start moving everything in there. How long did delivery take for the rack?

Cheers.

Haven't organised the flooring/platform yet, the concrete is holding up fine. Weights are pretty hard to damage so I wouldn't worry about it too much at the beginning because its only a luxury item after all. Delivery took about 14 days (10 working days) to deliver, but that was mid december which is usually the busiest time of the year.

Do it mate, you wont regret it. 10% for ausbb members if I remember correctly also

Muscle Motion Power Rack Package 2 - $1450

Yeah im so tempted to buy this power rack. Thats the cheapest i can find it though, gymdirect.com.au doesnt load for me.

Is it a good purchase for someone who wants to get a lot stronger and more "ripped"? Can you do all the useful workout techniques with it too? Or are there cheaper options that might be better suited towards someone who doesn't want to go into anything too professional?

Good choice, but imho you dont really need the lat pull down attachment, money saved there could buy more weights etc

RE: The muscle motion power rack.

The bottom cross member seems to be a fair way up , if you were to do deads do you have to remove the bar from the cage, or can you still do deads with oly size plates 440mm ( or the grip plates 400mm) and the bar doesnt hit crossmember?

It doesnt look to be low enough but it could just be the pics.

Muscle Motion Power Rack Package 2 - $1450

Yeah im so tempted to buy this power rack. Thats the cheapest i can find it though, gymdirect.com.au doesnt load for me.

Is it a good purchase for someone who wants to get a lot stronger and more "ripped"? Can you do all the useful workout techniques with it too? Or are there cheaper options that might be better suited towards someone who doesn't want to go into anything too professional?

Contact Adrian direct, he is forum member, The Hulk

RE: The muscle motion power rack.

The bottom cross member seems to be a fair way up , if you were to do deads do you have to remove the bar from the cage, or can you still do deads with oly size plates 440mm ( or the grip plates 400mm) and the bar doesnt hit crossmember?

It doesnt look to be low enough but it could just be the pics.

you dont deadlift in a rack, you deadlift off the ground.

you do rack pulls in the rack, therefore the bar heights are adjusted to whatever level you want to work from

Thanks for the obvious Marcos, lol

I have a lack of room at the moment, a rack will fit, room to dance around it, I dont have...So I would not be able to remove the bar from the rack and then re-set up on the floor infront of it.

My question is,..does the height of the lower cross member imped the ability to perform dead lifts from the ground???? If So I would have to purchase the non comercial version that does not have the little legs, or introduce it to an angle grinder, or see if it can be made a tad different.

It will only affect your deadlifts if you are using 1.25kg plates. The rack is made from 50mm square tubing, with 20 kg plates the barbell has plenty of clearance between the footings.

muscle-motion-package-deal-1-power-rack-w-lat-bench-weights.html

I can take a photo if you would like me too?

No worries Marcos I knew you must have miss understood

Eaglebay I think we are thinking of different racks, I am referring to the commercial quality rack, the same as what PTC has, and as is pictured early in this thread.

now the website loads for me, how odd.

anyway, it seems like its cheaper to get the bundle for $1450 that has the pulley than getting the items seperately. so even if its "useless", its still saving money.

i doubt i would need the curl bar, but im not sure what extras are "worth it" from these:

Add a squat pad $20.00
Add a pair of Olympic dumbbell handle $85.00
Add a preacher curl attachment $50.00
Add a leg curl / leg extension attachment $50.00
Add a dip attachment _ MMPR $65.00

I'd only want them if they target areas that the rest of the rack and weights wouldnt really be able to do. but im still not the most knowledgeable on this subject yet, so im still learning lol.

I figure that i've spent about the same on replacement xbox 360's. about the same for a new computer that i rarely play too. so providing this will "be useful" for me, then i think ill buy it. its just a matter of what accessories i should get with it then, lol.

a dip attachment mighty be handy.

oly db handles,.....you will need to buy atleats 4 of each plate to make em usefull.

you could get a cheap standard spin lock set for about the same price.. and leave the oly plates for the oly bar. BUt haveing everything matching would be nice.

or you could buy a few kettle bells instead

My mate has the musclemotion rack & bench however I decided to go with the forceUSA rack and bench for a few reasons:

• Has band pegs both top and the bottom
  • Came with dip handles as standard (not $65 extra)
  • had a heap more adjustments which is great for getting good lift height (I'm a powerlifter)
  • the lat pull down system is heaps smoother, has 2x cylindical guide posts on lat pull instead of square tube so seems to be much less friction
  • Bench is more stable and stronger design which is good for fat pricks like me who like to lift heavy :p
Could not be happier with the rack and bench and worth every cent, was only fraction more that musclemotion setup. Would post a pic but need to post a bit more before forum will let me, you will be seeing more of me anyway!