• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle Motion Power rack

I'm thinking of getting the muscle motion power rack.

Is it worth getting the high and low pulley?
I'm torn. I don't know if I need them or I only use them because the gym has them.

Bad timing s13!

I honestly dont think you need the pulleys, you are better off doing chin ups rather than lat pull downs, save your money for a better quality oly bar or more weight

Still selling your gear eaglebay? I am thinking of buying a setup.

I'm thinking of getting the muscle motion power rack.

Is it worth getting the high and low pulley?
I'm torn. I don't know if I need them or I only use them because the gym has them.
Thanks a million. Very useful indeed. I've taken a quick look at the links and i think this could be quite an interesting path to follow. Once again thank you very much

Watch out for the 700lb rated bar, i had a client doing hang cleans with 30kg, she dropped it from shoulder hieght and it it broke on one of the collars.

These look like a really good value rack IMO, any regrets now that you've had it a while? I was looking at buying one soon from gymdirect.

if i had more space at home :D

Yeah, I have the same problem. I will have to put it outside with a tarp over it on my rest days (eek what if its raining lol). No room inside and I've already got that freeweights machine out there lol my backyard is gonna get cluttered... Maybe I'll reorganise my room this weekend.

Hey mate, how much space do you recommend either side of the MMPR? Looks like that when using a 7 foot bar it would require about 2500mm width (allowing for around 40cm of sway in case of emergency). Does that sound right? So annoying, won't be able to fit it in my room unless I have it pointing at my bed then I only have 450mm clearance with the entrance which won't let me move a bench in an out. Otherwise the widest I can get is 2000mm so off by 50cm lol. Looks like it will be going outside after all.

This is a layout of my room, so you can see the dilemna... Can't move the bench in or out but that's the only way it would fit. Anyone think of better design that would work?... other than going back to a single bed lol. The black area is an old fireplace/mantle and the dotted lines are alcoves on either side of it. Outside it is :D?

Click to view full size!

Put the bench inside the rack, that's how I do it. I just ignore the bench's hooks and use the power rack hooks instead.

Put the rack closer to the left wall, you don't need the bar on the outside, you can do everything inside the rack except overhead presses if you're too tall.

It looks like you could make it fit fine, but I may be picturing your drawing wrong though!

That layout will be ok, as long as you bench and squat inside the rack, and not to the front of the rack.
Width is not an issue, just have to work around the depth limitation.
Obviously, you have to put the rack hard up against the wall.

You could still do military press to the front of the rack, as you don't need much depth there and you have just over 600mm anyway.

You can even do incline bench with this set up, just put the bench inside the rack facing the back of the rack, and put the bar pins on the inside of the front posts, (just checked this for you so know it works, although it depends on how long the front feet are on your bench).

That little alcove in the corner will be good for weight plate and accessory storage.

Why can't you flip the rack so it is parallel with the bed? that gives you 3m of room to work with instead of 2.4ish you have the other way.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the tips. Sorry for the bad picture, the bar is just outside the rack for the sake of measurement. That is the rear of the rack so imagine the bar is actually inside and toward the back of the rack with the front facing my bed. If I make the rack parallel to my bed then I am left with only about 2000mm to fit the rack which won't work if a 7ft bar = 2150mm. The rack will be hard pressed against the left wall as is the bed to the right just for the sake of illustration they are out a bit. How much gap between the end of the bar and the window wall would you all recommend?

I bought the MMPRHLP power rack package deal 6 months ago and have absolutely no regrets....excellent set up I've got now, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Rhys G, depending on your bed set-up I'd look at spinning it around so that the pillow is just inside the door, rather than having your feet near the door. If you don't have a bed-head/head rest thingy then this might be annoying if your head or pillow starts slipping off the end of the bed. If you do have a bed head then I'd just put something on the floor up against the legs to cushion against the door banging into your bed each time you open the door.

I would then spin the power rack around so that it's parallel with the bed and the back of the rack is up against the top wall of your diagram.

The height of your bed might be a problem though. If it's higher than the position of the bar when your benching, then none of the above will work. You could ditch the under-bit(?) of the bed though, and just put the mattress straight on the floor. Then you wouldn't have to worry about bed-heads or door stops at all.

If you do it this way one end of the bar will be hanging slightly over the feet end of your bed, and will be out of the way. You'll have heaps of room to move your bench around.

Its not moving anywhere man. Get the commerical one, with the weight trees its rock solid.

Agreed, i've got the Commercial one, i believe without weights its 200kg. Its very solid, and with another couple hundred kilos of plates on the tree, it aint going anywhere!

We use bands in the muscle motion rack easily, from above on squats and below on bench, plenty of pics on our website displaying this.

I mounted the chin bar to support the bands for squats.

I know you wrote that a year ago but i was just looking for the pics where you have the bands attached and unable to see any. Could you link them please.