• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My setup with stuff mostly purchased from GymDirect.

Quite a lot when you add it all up. I'd have to go over the receipts to tally it all up as I have bought it in stages. Counting everything you see in the pictures (including the cross trainer that I bought from elsewhere) I'm guessing around the $5.5k mark.

Shit... sounds like a lot now that I have added it all up in my head. Just the recent purchases total approximately $3k ish.

yeah, that is quite a lot (yet still cheap by comparison).

that's the only problem with home gyms. they take at least 10 years to pay for themselves.

i've never been able to justify getting one

that's the only problem with home gyms. they take at least 10 years to pay for themselves.

Shit mate, your local spa must be cheap.

Where I live it's around $1000 a year for a membership.

My whole setup was around $2500 give or take - decent rack, solid (but too narrow :D) bench, 260kg weights, ABC bar. It will do me for life.

That's 2.5 years, a long way off 10 :D

Im gonna order the 80 Rubber coated Dumbbells from them probs tomorz, waiting for a reply about Olympic sleeving

Shit mate, your local spa must be cheap.

Where I live it's around $1000 a year for a membership.

My whole setup was around $2500 give or take - decent rack, solid (but too narrow :D) bench, 260kg weights, ABC bar. It will do me for life.

That's 2.5 years, a long way off 10 :D

with a bit of negotiation, i can get 18 months for around $650

it is a crap gym tho, catered more towards non-bodybuilders. still, the dumbbells go up to 45kg and the squat rack is virtually never used. pretty damn hard to get a bench press tho!!

there are other benefits of having a home gym of course, but all in all, i just can't justify the increase in price. there are a few cheap gyms over here that will cost less than $500 per year if you pay in advance or sign up for an extended period etc

I think it's worth paying a few grand to have your own, to avoid having to deal with the knob jockeys you find in a commercial gym :D

I think it's worth paying a few grand to have your own, to avoid having to deal with the knob jockeys you find in a commercial gym :D

hehe.

I do like having my own setup that I don't have to share with others... (by sharing I mean I don't have to wait for others to get out of my way :p )

Its nice being able to go do a session whenever I want.

One of my memories when I first started lifting was having all my gear kicked out of the way by some big guy who look the bar and rack from me when i was changing the weight.

It's all about the attitude you give off oli. I give a look that just says don't **** with me I'm training. I'll still talk to people but noone dares take my equipment