• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stiff 2G

SuperDooper Member
The Gold Coast (100k South of Brisbane) was the premier destination of the 70s and 80s. Then it developed a reputation of being too overcrowded and a bit too Las Vegas. Then in the 90s people started going to the Sunshine Coast (100k North of Brisbane). Somewhere during the 2000s Noosa eclipsed the Gold Coast as being the Wanker capital of the World. Go to Hastings Street any day of the week and you'll find the Carpark full of overpriced junk such as Mercedes, Jeeps and Landrovers. Then there's all manner of the "look at me crowd" ie snow ski racks on roof year round.
Yes, the Gold Coast, well Tugun might have the Corby's, but Tugun is almost NSW anyway. At least the Gold Coast has some genuine hardkunce even if the jacked up Ford Wildtrak Wanker crowd are still present.

Noosa is quite nice: the Beach, National Park and River etc.

Last edited:
I’ll
I woulda thought da Grunta aka TheBigShow was more a Gold Coast type, more the Las Vegas type?
i have a feel for Noosa.
First went there with my mates in the early 80s when we were young, free, stupid and full of optimism on our huge future.
Then the future came, we got old, and future become everyday life.
Always like going back to Noosa, good memories.

I didn't find Noosa to be that pretentious to be honest, obviously it's a got a pretty different feel about it at the moment with everyone from NSW and Victoria locked out of Queensland but still, there's stuck up bits for sure but it's not too bad.