• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
ive been reading up about neuro of wake/sleep and adenosine plays an important role, which caffeine can blunt and cause a cascade of negative side effects. will write more as i get into it.

Also you can't get 4hrs REM sleep a night, we get approx 20% of our total sleep time in REM sleep, about an hour and a half for "perfect" text-book sleepers.

Sounds interesting mate.
My sleeping patterns are pretty normal, I don't have apnea or anything.

ive been reading up about neuro of wake/sleep and adenosine plays an important role, which caffeine can blunt and cause a cascade of negative side effects. will write more as i get into it.

Also you can't get 4hrs REM sleep a night, we get approx 20% of our total sleep time in REM sleep, about an hour and a half for "perfect" text-book sleepers.

I have been reading a lot about the big 5 (adrenaline, cortisol, seratonin, melatonin and insulin) and their relationship to one another, and neurotransmitters.

very keen to hear more, or your thoughts.

i have battled insomnia the last couple of years, and my cortisol is way way high, and peaks at night, effectively the reverse of what is supposed to happen.

based on my research I have low seratonin, high cortisol (my fat distribution shows this, and have done a diurnal saliva test) and both of these impact sleep.

thinking of trying phosphatidylserine to lower cortisol, but intend on getting a scan of my adrenal glands to see I don't have anything nasty going on there.

I also have have a magnesium deficiency which doesn't help, but I can't absorb mag due to use of a proton pump inhibitor.

Thoughts?

I have been reading a lot about the big 5 (adrenaline, cortisol, seratonin, melatonin and insulin) and their relationship to one another, and neurotransmitters.

very keen to hear more, or your thoughts.

i have battled insomnia the last couple of years, and my cortisol is way way high, and peaks at night, effectively the reverse of what is supposed to happen.

based on my research I have low seratonin, high cortisol (my fat distribution shows this, and have done a diurnal saliva test) and both of these impact sleep.

thinking of trying phosphatidylserine to lower cortisol, but intend on getting a scan of my adrenal glands to see I don't have anything nasty going on there.

I also have have a magnesium deficiency which doesn't help, but I can't absorb mag due to use of a proton pump inhibitor.

Thoughts?

If your a decently sized dude and having cortisol troubles i would seriously consider your sleep.

do you snore? has anyone said you snore? you may have sleep apnoea which is actually a really big deal atm affecting millions of aussies.

cortisol is a stress marker, having a sleep disorder will definately screw the entire system, from stress markers to decreased hgh and testosterone (plus insulin resistance and metabolic damage).

thats the first thing that comes to mind

If your a decently sized dude and having cortisol troubles i would seriously consider your sleep.

do you snore? has anyone said you snore? you may have sleep apnoea which is actually a really big deal atm affecting millions of aussies.

cortisol is a stress marker, having a sleep disorder will definately screw the entire system, from stress markers to decreased hgh and testosterone (plus insulin resistance and metabolic damage).

thats the first thing that comes to mind

Yes I snore.

Have been having sleep issue for last 2-3 years, but my issue if falling asleep, not staying asleep.

sleep apnea could well be something to consider, but I am tackling the first issue first.

my cortisol is a lot higher than the reference range throughout the day, but increases as it becomes night. The reference range for 10-12pm is 5, I am at 79, which is my peak.

my fat distribution is very cortisol pattern like.

i am about to do some further testing with 24 hr urinal cortisol.

I suspect my issue is threefold, and all interweaved. I believe my seratonin is insufficient, therefore leading to not enough to produce melatonin. I have done many things to address this, such as diet, exersize, light exposure, and 5 HTP supplementation. I am aware deep sleep is required for the body to produce seratonin. I have been unable to sleep much at all unless I use a GABA antagonist. This is less than ideal, but is getting me through until I find a better solution.

the other problem is with such elevated cortisol levels, the pineal gland will not produce melatonin.

i just did a test for serum magnesium levels, as I have been using a proton pump inhibitor last 5 years, and indications are this can delete and block magnesium. Magnesium is critical to adrenal health. When I take magnesium I have terrible diareah.

i am considering taking phosphatidylserine to lower my cortisol, but want a better snapshot of what my body is doing before I introduce another variable.

i have done lots of meditation and phyco therapy to try and uncover anything that is turning my cogs at night, but after thousands of dollars and 20 sessions I am no better sleep wise.

thoughts?

appreciate your time

Yes I snore.

while i appreciate the details as it does help

i cant help but still think its linked to your sleep, whenever cortisol and adrenal fatigue sets it, without any serious illness then i feel you really need a proper sleep study to find out whats happening when your unconsious

have seen countless people who think they have insomnia actually have severe sleep apnoea, the thing is, you wont know you have it because your asleep

as a first line of defence i would make sure theres no underlying sleep issue otherwise your just masking the symptoms with medications and not really getting to the root of whats disrupting your hormonal and stress responses, and since these tasks get performed while asleep, i would suggest getting that checked asap

its really crazy how many people have sleep problems, putting themselves under stress all night without even knowing

Sub-lingual noopept tastes like fermented gibbons anus.

Has anyone managed to find a way to store alpha GPC so it doesn't turn into a single unusable clump?

Sub-lingual noopept tastes like fermented gibbons anus.

Has anyone managed to find a way to store alpha GPC so it doesn't turn into a single unusable clump?

Try one of those little silica pouches you get in preworkout, shoe, noodle containers. I'd imagine that would help.

Quick Nootropic update from me.

Noopept continues to keep me functioning on a good level. I've been combining it with Thenaine to good effect.

Partying and popping Sepherine and ALCAR preworkout has done wonders for both my social life and workouts.
I've been having some pretty incredible times. The level of euphoria, confidence and energy I've been getting is just sensational.

I did think about that but figured you'd rather keep them to wear. At least with your wife's you can cut a discrete section out of the crotch and win twice over

I did think about that but figured you'd rather keep them to wear. At least with your wife's you can cut a discrete section out of the crotch and win twice over
Don't have a wife bro. Just have to cut the crotch out of mine. It rubs the lotion. ...

Quick Nootropic update from me.

Noopept continues to keep me functioning on a good level. I've been combining it with Thenaine to good effect.

Partying and popping Sepherine and ALCAR preworkout has done wonders for both my social life and workouts.
I've been having some pretty incredible times. The level of euphoria, confidence and energy I've been getting is just sensational.

Hi Puggy, not a critique, but rather a question.

i have always subscribed to the theory the what goes up, must come down (eventually) and nothing in life is free.

do you think what you are experiencing in terms of short term euphoria energy etc could come with longer term consequences?

i only ask as the body is a remarkable machine that typically balances itself out, and introduction of mental stimulants comes at a cost somewhere.

i understand Nootropics are not really,stimulants, but I ust wondered if you ever question what all this stuff could be doing for your brain long term?

i am far from innocent, as over the years I have used a lot of steroids and party recs, but as I get older I start to question many things.

just a though mate, and I am sure there are countless studies to prove safety and the like.

It's probably not all safe, I can agree with that. I probably pop pills far to regularly and without much thought for the consequences.

However in the moment, it's what I do and it's helping me progress even at my early stage in life.

I just find life bearable with the help of nootropics.

Hi Puggy, not a critique, but rather a question.

i have always subscribed to the theory the what goes up, must come down (eventually) and nothing in life is free.

do you think what you are experiencing in terms of short term euphoria energy etc could come with longer term consequences?

i only ask as the body is a remarkable machine that typically balances itself out, and introduction of mental stimulants comes at a cost somewhere.

i understand Nootropics are not really,stimulants, but I ust wondered if you ever question what all this stuff could be doing for your brain long term?

i am far from innocent, as over the years I have used a lot of steroids and party recs, but as I get older I start to question many things.

just a though mate, and I am sure there are countless studies to prove safety and the like.