• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Odd lifts Discussion

The Hamburgler

Spotter Loader
As per the complex leader board discussion, taking ideas to start one with random "odd-lifts" ie ones that you are unlikely to find in any official comps.

Suggestions so far (plus a couple I have added)

Pull Ups - Body weight for maximum repetitions. All repetitions must start from a dead hang with arms fully extended and conclude with the top of the collarbone at least reaching the level of the hands. Any form of grip/hand placement permitted as is performing then on rings. No deliberate or obvious kipping or swinging.
Pull Ups - Maximum total weight for 1 repetition. Repetition must start from a dead hang with arms fully extended and conclude with the top of the collarbone at least reaching the level of the hands. Any form of grip/hand placement permitted as is performing then on rings. No deliberate or obvious kipping or swinging.
Parallel Bar Dip - Bodyweight for maximum repetitions. All repetitions must start and finish with elbows in a locked position. Depth is achieved if elbow is bent to 90 degrees.
Parallel Bar Dips - Maximum total weight for 1 repetition. Repetition must start and finish with elbows in a locked position. Depth is achieved if elbow is bent to 90 degrees.
Push Press - Maximum weight overhead for 1 repetition. Weight must start from the shoulder and conclude with the weight being held overhead in a controlled manner with knees, hips and elbows at full extension without any noticeable 'dip' under to catch the weight. Press can begin from either in front of the neck or behind the neck. Alternate forms of weight other than barbell permitted eg thick bar, strongman log, axle
Single Arm Overhead Press - Maximum weight overhead for 1 repetition using only one arm to press the weight. Weight must start from the shoulder and conclude with the weight being held overhead in a controlled manner with knees, hips and elbows at full extension without any noticeable 'dip' under to catch the weight. Any form of weight permitted as per push press
Bench Press - 100kg for maximum repetitions. Each repetition must start and finish with the elbows locked out and touch the chest at the bottom of the movement. No bench shirts, slingshots etc permitted. Wrist wraps allowed. No resting of the bar on the chest at any stage.
Bench Press - 75% of bodyweight for maximum repetitions. Weight to be taken on the same day. Each repetition must start and finish with the elbows locked out and touch the chest at the bottom of the movement. No bench shirts, slingshots etc permitted. Wrist wraps allowed. No resting of the bar on the chest at any stage.
Muscle Ups - Bodyweight for maximum repetitions. All repetitions must begin from a complete hang with straight arms and conclude in an elbows locked position. The use of gymnastics rings is permitted.
Front Squat - Maximum weight for 1 repetition. Squat must start and finish with knees locked out. Depth is achieved when the crease of the hip is lower than the top of the knee.
Zercher Squat - Maximum weight for 1 repetition. Squat must start and finish with knees locked out. Depth is achieved when the crease of the hip is lower than the top of the knee.
Strict Single Arm BB Curl - Maximum weight for 1 repetition. No deliberate or obvious swinging throughout the lift. Supporting hand to be kept behind the back.

Last edited:
Bosu Ball Squats - With bodyweight plus a 5kg medicine ball held directly in front of you. How many reps does it take before you look like an idiot? :D

Probably not accessible enough for everyone.

I'll keep it in mind though. Rule would be arms must get to parallel to ground with hips and knees at full extension

Dips to 90 deg elbows or it didn't happen?
I swing a 24kg kb, JZpos swings a 32. Maybe pick something heavy and call max reps.

Elbows is probably a good calling point on Dips.

I can swing a 56kg and I know quite a few that can swing a 64 or 80.

What's it to be :p

Bosu Ball Squats - With bodyweight plus a 5kg medicine ball held directly in front of you. How many reps does it take before you look like an idiot? :D

None, you already look like one..........................................

Not disappointed now?

If you're going for something completely random you could have '1 Handed Deadlifts' or '2 Finger Deadlifts' (2 Fingers on each hand)

One handed deadlift would be interesting.

Light weight, atm this is just a discussion thread. Once we've got a list of up to a dozen odd-lifts I'll start a new thread with a leader board and everything :)

1 hand barbell shrug. I did this recently, standing inside a power rack with bar resting across the safety pins. It's a tricky mofo to balance.

Count me in for max reps in 10 minutes on Weighted Hand Stand Pushups!!

Asif Mohammed. :eek:

This is hardcore, must be added.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eMD1KZSWxI]Bosu Ball Exercises : Bosu Ball Exercises: Lunge & Lateral Raise - YouTube[/ame]

How bout adding this in GrahamBurgler

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1bqJ4cwKQg&feature=related]Plyometric Stability Ball Line JUMP! - YouTube[/ame]