• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Odd lifts Discussion

Count me in on this for 1RM chin up and 100kg bench max reps!

Fark. I have to add about 35kg just to get to your normal weight! Got some bigorexia going on :p

Done +60kg @78kg BW 1rm before. +30kgx8x3. Aim for double bw pullup.

A few I know I have done, will all be in the journal.

Chin Ups - 15 @73kg
Parallel Bar Dip - 31 @ 73kg
Parallel Bar Dips - weighted, 73kg+40 x 6
Push Press -80 easy
Bench Press - 100 x 10.
Bench Press -75% bw = 55kg,??? lol, I have done 60 for 30 reps,
Front Squat - max 110kg

bit of a theme here...

havent tried the other weired stuff.

Had a quick flick through all my bits of paper I write my lifting on in the garage, best 'odd lifts' are:

Chins: BW 98kg x 20 +20kg x 4
Dips: BW 98kg x 15 weighted +20kg x 8
Front Squat: 100 x 1
BTN Push Press Press: 85 x 1

At the annual international crossfit games one of the events was 1rm weighted chest to bar pullup.

No leader board yet guys lol.

Still taking suggestions for lifts. Will give it a couple of days before finalising!

Also, I don't care if you did BW+30kg for a double, only the weight counts not reps!

No hypotheticals here peoples.

I would like both broad jump and say 400m sprint times but bit iffy on how easy to referee.

I think a 1RM barbell curl should be in it. Make us feel like the rest of the guys in the gym.

All jumps and sprints are too tough to use on here. If we all had access to a vertec we could do verticals but I doubt anyone has access.

Fuckin noob!

Vertical jump testing device. The one where you jump and smack the bars which correspond with a certain height.

It measures vertical leap.

Broad jump you could maybe do but I am still a bit sceptical.

I added it to the list though as a 'maybe'. At this stage it looks like that and the 1 arm dead will be dropped and that will give us the 12 odd lifts