• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Odd lifts Discussion

Not even that many I would say, provided you have the technique down pat.

However, are there going to be another 9 members on here that can do more than 1 consecutive one?

Possibly.

I can lift more with a trap bar but that's cos my sticking point isn't as sticky.

45cm max could be a goer then as quite a few on here have that rack

I'll measure the rack again this morning to double check.

With the trap bar rack pull it will be more like a quarter squat, back vertical stand up with it. Straight bar will need more forward lean and be a lot more lower back and for most mean less weight but like we have been saying, no prizes for this just a bit of fun. So I'm not fussed if trap bar is included.

Side question for ya hamburg. What do you think of the trap bar? Who sells a good one? Worth getting?

lol they're a cool exercise no doubt!

There just doesn't seem to be much interest in them or the curls.

Just trying to work out a suitable weight for the deadlift rep challenge. I've tried creating a reverse Wilks formula but struggling lol

I was trying to make it even so everyone is roughly in the same ball park.

I went off a 100kg lifter doing 200kg, got the Siff score then tried working backwards to get a simple formula that people could quickly work out themselves so everyone is working on the same 'score'. Unfortunately the maths is quite complicated :p

I was trying to make it even so everyone is roughly in the same ball park.

I went off a 100kg lifter doing 200kg, got the Siff score then tried working backwards to get a simple formula that people could quickly work out themselves so everyone is working on the same 'score'. Unfortunately the maths is quite complicated :p

That's the way I was thinking of doing it but would get complicated.

Maybe have a table of bw in 10kg increments eg

51-60kg bw
61-70kg bw
71-80 kg and so on

With corresponding deadlift rep weight for each bw class.

Use 200kg dead for 100kg bloke as base and use sifff formula to calculate dead weight for each class and calculate using the top weight in the class. Eg 61-70 kg class use 70 kgs in siff formula.

Hope this makes sence. Lol.

Should give a reasonably fair go for everyone and not be too complicated, I hope.

Yeah that is what I was going to do.

cbf now cos I spent the entire day unpacking KBs and putting up IE matrices lol

Got tomorrow off so I will come up with something then. I should be able to work out 5kg increments
65-69
70-74
75-79
80-84
85-89
90-94
95-99
100-104
105-109
110-114
115-119
120+

might just take a little while longer :p

1RM pull will be top of bar where you hold it can be up to 45cm off the floor/surface your feet are on. belts, straps, hitching ok. straight bar or trap bar ok

Deadlift rep challenge rules

The Rules for the Deadlift Rep Challenge for the AusBB Odd Lift Leaderboard are as follows:

- Below you will find a list of weight classes and the corresponding weight you will use for the challenge. They have been calculated based on the Siff formula so no sooking.
- This challenge must be performed with a straight barbell (no trap bars allowed)
- Straps, belts and hitching are all permitted
- From the time the bar leaves the ground on the first rep it must not come to a complete rest on the ground otherwise game over

Weight Classes
under 60.9kg = 147.5kg
61 - 65.9kg = 160kg
66 - 70.9kg = 170kg
71 - 75.9kg = 177.5kg
76 - 79.9kg = 182.5kg
80 - 85.9kg = 187.5kg
86 - 89.5kg = 192.5kg
90 - 95.9kg = 197.5kg
96 - 100.9kg = 200kg
101 - 105.9kg = 202.5kg
106 - 110.9kg = 205kg
111 - 115.9kg = 207.5kg
over 116kg = 210kg

The leader board is stickied in the strength section.

Think 3 have tried 75% bench thus far, above 20 seems to be 'good' so far.