• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Odd lifts Discussion

Looking at the lifts we have got, we have a decent spread of lifts going. Got bench, squat variations, overhead, chins, dips all the main lifts people do but we are missing a deadlift or dead variation.

Something like a rack pull from certain height or like a 3 inch deficit deadlift max. One of these would be great but may be a little difficult to get the right heights for some people though.

Easier for everyone to do would be like the strongman comps, 200kg deadlift for max reps, touch and go + straps ok.

If after a while one of the current lifts isnt really working maybe throw in a deadlift variation.

Just want to clear up about the single arm DB overhead, now is that a strict press - as in zero leg drive. Or can it be push pressed? I understand the no dip under it part (like a jerk), just want to be sure before I try it.

It can be a push press.

I was considering putting in a strongman style rack pull Bazza, but as you said hard to get the right height sometimes.

Sweet, i'v done 40kg+ before. Can't remember exactly, will try again one day and get a video. Could have gone more, but we ran out of room for 5kg's on the DB.

I think a few people will have that problem with DBs lol.

Most gyms go to 50kg and adjustables tend to only hold about that.

You could always do it with a BB :p Or find somewhere with heavy KBs or DBs

That or find a big rock and weigh it

oh fark, didn't realise it could be a push press. I'm no where near the top anyway but should get my 32kg KB up now at least :)

Yeah. I am leaning towards removing muscle ups as they're not really inclusive.

I'm leaning towards a 'pull' from x height that can be done with straight bar or trap bar, straps allowed etc.

Yeah. I am leaning towards removing muscle ups as they're not really inclusive.

I'm leaning towards a 'pull' from x height that can be done with straight bar or trap bar, straps allowed etc.

That sounds good. So just deadlift with bar at certain height, can be rack pull or plates on mats. What height are you thinking.

We can just crown jz muscle up king now anyway, I know I can't do any. Lol.

I don't think anyone else can haha.

I'm considering make it that the bar can be up to 45cm off the ground ie if it is below that it is still good.

Not sure though lol, how high is 70cm off the ground? :p I'm presuming with proper sized plates it is 22cm ish off the ground?

I don't think anyone else can haha.

I'm considering make it that the bar can be up to 45cm off the ground ie if it is below that it is still good.

Not sure though lol, how high is 70cm off the ground? :p I'm presuming with proper sized plates it is 22cm ish off the ground?

That's a good way of doing it. Sumo allowed?

Anything goes as long as no deadlift suit lol.

I will have a play around to see how different heights end up off the ground, and figure out high the high handles are on trap bars to make sure they will at least be able to be used.

Anything goes as long as no deadlift suit lol.

I will have a play around to see how different heights end up off the ground, and figure out high the high handles are on trap bars to make sure they will at least be able to be used.

I'm pretty sure when I do rack pulls from a few cm below the knee the bar is at about 42-43cm. Hole 2 on the mm commercial power rack.

Not sure how the trap bar would work with this, would probably be a totally different lift. I would think you could do heaps more with the trap bar.

Possibly.

I can lift more with a trap bar but that's cos my sticking point isn't as sticky.

45cm max could be a goer then as quite a few on here have that rack

MUs aren't that hard. If u can do at least 10 pull ups and 20 dips, u can do at least 1 MU. Just takes a little practice.