• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Over under grip?

Having your arms locked and not bent during a deadlift is pretty common knowledge as far as technique goes, I'm surprised this even needs discussion if you have any experience at all.

.....Are you serious? 99.9% of the ausbb 'population' has never and will never DL over 200kgs..... Thats depressing if you think thats true.

Should start a thread. How many have pulled over 200..

Would probably only be 20% or so actually.

.....Are you serious? 99.9% of the ausbb 'population' has never and will never DL over 200kgs..... Thats depressing if you think thats true.

These sorts of comments I find irritating, irrational and churlish.

Ignore them, you'll be better off.

Have you tried a hook grip.

No. But grip has never been a problem in terms of failing, not that I am moving huge weight though. Very strong pull off the floor seem to lose it around knee height, not to sure what I should be doing as assistance to work on that. Figure I just need to pull more and heavier.

You definitely can get imbalances from using a mixed grip the same way for years on end but for most people it won't be a concern.

I always see konstantinovs deadlift with the same mixed grip
besides you should be shrugging and rowing anyway which will even out your development

That's very true 0ni, in relation to shoulder and neck development and flexibility.
On that, I received a book titled, " the kelso shrug book".

This book is a must to have.

I used to double overhand up until I had to mix and I would use the same one when going for a max. Once I started Oly lifting the coach wasnt a fan so I was taught to use hook grip instead and have never looked back.

If you don't intend on pulling 200kg you are not taking your strength training serious, or should go back to the bb section.

A 200kg pull while respectable, is not that spectacular.

I allways double overhand up to 100 then mixed grip from there, R under, L over. Never mix it up, never uses wraps.

If you don't intend on pulling 200kg you are not taking your strength training serious, or should go back to the bb section.

A 200kg pull while respectable, is not that spectacular.

I allways double overhand up to 100 then mixed grip from there, R under, L over. Never mix it up, never uses wraps.

l think you miss understood KFG.... Someone else said that first and KFG thought it was horse shit.....