• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA lifters at ProRaw Rep Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, well whoever minh is, he's an imbecile. i have never met any lifter that didn't want to get stronger??? are you saying someone who peaks for a comp is not getting stronger?
No, what he means is minh has no interest in getting stronger, he only cares for getting more out of the gear letting him lift more equipped. Which is kind of a joke don't you think? That shit should just get fucked off altogether /2cents //puts flame suit on and gets ninja stick ready hoo-haa! :p

Wow! What a thread!

I might be tempted to test the PA ruling if someone gave me a business class airfare and two nights at the Crown.

FWIW I don't reckon it's going to fly for PA lifters wanting to compete using the current branding and lifts...

some thoughts how to address this for next time.

1. Change the branding - Ironedge Strongman Rep Challenge or the like

2. Use lifts that are NOT governed by an International Powerlifting organisation ie IPF. Examples of this are front squats in place of back squats, bench press with feet in the air instead of on the ground, and perhaps defecit deadlift. After doing some research I am of the opinion that the use of "non goverened" lifts is how/why PA lifters can participate in Strongman/All round weightlifting.

I'm not going to ruin my comp by changing the exercises, its not fair on the others

The branding is easy

Its up to the lifters now

Would it work if you used specialty bars?
Eg fat bar bench press, trap bar deadlift, cambered bar squats

I would say yes...but Markos isn't going to change things for probably less than a handfull of lifters..and rightly so...

At the end of the day it's the lifter that decides which fed they join and would have done the due dilligence on the federation prior to joining.

PA/JCVD/IPF/WPC/IOC/AOC/ASADA/WPI/WMS/WPC/ATLA govern and set the boundries for the lifters in the respective federations, the lifter is the one who makes the decision on which body they want to abide by..

Markos is building something unseen in Australian strength sports, and it is unfortunate that some lifters will be unable to participate but that's the way love goes!

Nathan,

Why would a branding change make a difference? There is no affiliation with proraw with any powerlifting fed. Proraw is just a brand that holds comps. It's just PA being pricks and not really caring for their lifters.

I hope the PA lifters realize this and see that Markos is all about the lifter and wants to give back to the sport by allowing them to win cash and having fun at the comps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah Sean, isn't the website called "ProRawPowerlifting"? I think that last bit might go against the whole ProRaw is just a branding thing. Unless you then went on to make a "ProRawStrongman" page too.

Ah Sean, isn't the website called "ProRawPowerlifting"? I think that last bit might go against the whole ProRaw is just a branding thing. Unless you then went on to make a "ProRawStrongman" page too.

Even if the website was renamed to "Anonymous Strongman Comp" I don't think PA would care :p

Oh, and Gawain, I can always do with more of the protein God himself uses, so drop some in.

The lifters at PTC would prefer if Minh didnt come and spread his lies and propaganda.

Our gym is our Church, Church of Strength, and he is an atheist
Fuck, enough is enough with the protein..

You started a thread about it, I left it, I didn't even comment in it.

So quit it FFS.

You know I just realised I got my new job after begining to use total science.

Coincidence?

I doubt it......

You know I just realised I got my new job after begining to use total science.

Coincidence?

I doubt it......
That's not even funny, it's actually moronic.

Any more bullshit about TS will be discarded.

Isn't ProRaw a fed of it's own? It has rules, members, bank accounts and competitions.
ProRaw is the Brand. I wouldn't really call it a fed as it has the rep challenge, and a powerliftiing comp and i'm sure in the future a strongman.. How many powerlifting feds have that. When I say it has no affiliation, I mean to any world fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.