• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pain behind knee caps

sjay

it's been many years since I've squatted and I messed up my form a couple of weeks ago trying to get back into it. My knees came forward quite bit and I felt a sharp burning sensation behind the whole of the knee caps on both knees.

Every day after that I had a bit of inflammation but it didn't feel too bad. A week ago I did some deadlifts and the next day I felt the pain return. I've now had a constant dull pain in both knees, under the knee caps in the middle, that flares up sometimes when I walk up stairs. Most of the day they feel fine but at some points during the day.

I tried squatting again last night and had no pain at all. I made sure to keep my knees back and drive with the hips and all went well. however today the pain and pressure is still there intermittently.

Now I don't know if it's bad enough to go to the doc. I mean I can still squat, it just feels slightly inflamed and sore the next day. I'm hoping I can still keep squatting weekly high reps and low weight and see if it gets better? Or should I just rest it for a few weeks?

Last edited:
have had knee injury after a cycling accident , a dull pain , haven't gone to the docs to get it checked out , but when it flares up which is every so often , i just throw a compression sports bandage on and a day later it is ok , just recently i strapped it up with sports tape did a great job at it

I would go see a physio and you can get referred by a gp for 5 free visits and 10 if you are of aboriginal or torres straight island desent,
I just found out this info today.
They will know what is going on behind the scenes.

Regards,
G.

Thought about wrapping it as per Graeme's advise but ended up just going to the gp. Better safe than sorry. Back to today to see results of the scans

sjay, I just found out about a product called k tape (kineseolgy tape) or rock tape from the pedietrist after seeing a doc and a physio I would look into that its a good thing.

Regards,

G.

Bazza20,
Olympians are using it.
Articles & Stories (US) make sure to read the eight pages,
Kinesio Testimonials
Kinesio FAQs
About Kinesio
If you can't see it doing anything thats okay, I have a different opinion.
(test a theory)
Regards,
G.

Yeah if that's the tape they were using during the Olympics i seem to remember a few reports on it that its a con. Didn't do any thing.

Remember all the elite athletes using power balance bracelets all swearing it makes a difference. Load of crap that was.

Power placebo bracelets LOL as I say test a theory.
I know all the athlets using gear...
I'd say those athlets would have had a healthy sponsor and what is a braclet going to ever do for a man?
some people like the placebo and placebos do work my friend its scientifically proven.
Strapping also works although up until now it actually can make the joint weaker as its compensating.
We are talking about strapping tape that Physios and posiatrists professional people recommend I have not heard of doctors or physios recommending power braclets not that were talking about power braclets.
Regards,

G.

"placebos are scientifically proven"

LOL
So they gave half a study group a placebo then the other half was a control group - what were they given? A fake placebo?

wingman,

It is well known the effects of belief and has been proven many times people are often given a sugar pill saying that it is a new drug that has had miraculous results and hey presto the masses swallow and get results.
Placebo-controlled study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Placebo effect works even if patients know they're getting a sham drug | Science | guardian.co.uk
I didn't even bother reading the above I am that confident that they will suffice as the first too of the rank of search.
LOL = man laughs at what he dosent understand.
"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people."
- Carl Jung
Regards,

G.

wingman,

It is well known the effects of belief and has been proven many times people are often given a sugar pill saying that it is a new drug that has had miraculous results and hey presto the masses swallow and get results.
Placebo-controlled study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Placebo effect works even if patients know they're getting a sham drug | Science | guardian.co.uk
I didn't even bother reading the above I am that confident that they will suffice as the first too of the rank of search.
LOL = man laughs at what he dosent understand.
"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people."
- Carl Jung
Regards,

G.

This does NOT mean the placebo is actually doing anything. It's is not doing anything, the changes are due to other factors.

The placebo effect is due to other factors like expectancy of person, regression to the mean, normal improvement of the condition. This is still the case even when the person knows they are getting a placebo due to conditioning and expectancy of people basically a training like effect eg Feel sick, take a tablet, feel better.

Power placebo bracelets LOL as I say test a theory.
I know all the athlets using gear...
I'd say those athlets would have had a healthy sponsor and what is a braclet going to ever do for a man?
some people like the placebo and placebos do work my friend its scientifically proven.
Strapping also works although up until now it actually can make the joint weaker as its compensating.
We are talking about strapping tape that Physios and posiatrists professional people recommend I have not heard of doctors or physios recommending power braclets not that were talking about power braclets.
Regards,

G.

Strapping can help an unstable joint but like you said overuse will lead to a weaker joints.

Doesn't this k tape have many more claims than just a stabilization of the joint.

Bazza20,

I would try it thats what I do with anything if anything is stated I always test a theory and that way I know if it works for me.
I don't feel that I know enough about the product other than that it is helping we take weight on a very weak leg. and still have movement in the ankle that would never be able to be achieved from normal strapping tape.
I was listening to the prodiatrist and hear my editor that is the little voice that screens what people say and filter (we all have it the older we get the more it filters) and I was making up my mind on strapping in general thinking it would load my knee more and it actually wan't the case it feels more stable and still allows movement its like a passive stabilizer and active stabilizer.

Regards,
G.

Bazza20,

I would try it thats what I do with anything if anything is stated I always test a theory and that way I know if it works for me.
I don't feel that I know enough about the product other than that it is helping we take weight on a very weak leg. and still have movement in the ankle that would never be able to be achieved from normal strapping tape.
I was listening to the prodiatrist and hear my editor that is the little voice that screens what people say and filter (we all have it the older we get the more it filters) and I was making up my mind on strapping in general thinking it would load my knee more and it actually wan't the case it feels more stable and still allows movement its like a passive stabilizer and active stabilizer.

Regards,
G.

How can you properly test a theory yourself when you only have one of you. You cant do side by side tests on yourself because there is only one subject. Impossible to have proper controls with single person trials.

Bazza20,

Do you have 2 arms?
Do you have 2 legs?
Does thins answer your question?
I would not you such terms as impossible I gave this 2 seconds thought.
you quote me yet what are you quoting a revision of something you have missed or miss understood?
so as to your side by side tests yes you actually can one side and not on the other side you will not be of symetrical strength unless you pick your nose with both hands.
You seem to like saying people can't and its imppossible and that wont work well your flat out wrong bud!