• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pain behind knee caps

Bazza20,

Do you have 2 arms?
Do you have 2 legs?
Does thins answer your question?
I would not you such terms as impossible I gave this 2 seconds thought.
you quote me yet what are you quoting a revision of something you have missed or miss understood?
so as to your side by side tests yes you actually can one side and not on the other side you will not be of symetrical strength unless you pick your nose with both hands.
You seem to like saying people can't and its imppossible and that wont work well your flat out wrong bud!

Do you have the exact same injury on both sides of the body, exact? Not to mention a placebo group should be indistinguishable from the group you are testing and should be blinded. If you know what you are testing you know what each thing is and you are still subject to the placebo effect.

Use your fancy expensive k tape if it makes you happy but I suggest reading up properly on the placebo effect and how blinded placebo controlled trials work because you have it all fucked up.

I am not here to change your beliefs.
I am not here to say something dosent work when it does for me.
Yes I will listen to a professional over a hack.
I do not need to research something that I already have extensively.
but = Buried Under Thought the worst single word in the english lanuage it means you are undecided and in two minds and not able to make a decision on how you actually feel.
I do study I have for a long time.
I will not waste my time with you or anyone that seeks to ridicule someone's opinion I am geniunly trying to help someone that has an injury and asked for advice.
my response was Doctor - Physio - strapping with a proven tape (real world)
I suggest you stick to the topic of helping someone that asked for help.
Do you think anything is perfect?
Your clutching for a way out I want to give sound advice.
why do boxers strap their wrists?
why do olypians strap their knees when lifting heavy?
I am not interested in the placebo it works wether you believe it or not.
just like your negativity it works wether you believe in it or not.

To be what others can't you have to do what others won't.

Regards,

G.

I am not here to change your beliefs.
I am not here to say something dosent work when it does for me.
Yes I will listen to a professional over a hack.
I do not need to research something that I already have extensively.
but = Buried Under Thought the worst single word in the english lanuage it means you are undecided and in two minds and not able to make a decision on how you actually feel.
I do study I have for a long time.
I will not waste my time with you or anyone that seeks to ridicule someone's opinion I am geniunly trying to help someone that has an injury and asked for advice.
my response was Doctor - Physio - strapping with a proven tape (real world)
I suggest you stick to the topic of helping someone that asked for help.
Do you think anything is perfect?
Your clutching for a way out I want to give sound advice.
why do boxers strap their wrists?
why do olypians strap their knees when lifting heavy?
I am not interested in the placebo it works wether you believe it or not.
just like your negativity it works wether you believe in it or not.

To be what others can't you have to do what others won't.

Regards,

G.

What the hell was that wall of text. If you are going to talk about doing trails and the placebo effect at least know what you are talking about first.

"placebos are scientifically proven"

LOL
So they gave half a study group a placebo then the other half was a control group - what were they given? A fake placebo?

Epic lols!!!!

You my friend are the winner of the internet today...

Mikhail Koklyaev Interview on Olympics, Breaking Plateaus and Recovering from Inflamed Elbows - All Things Gym

"If the pain is under the knee cap… It is treated easy, guys: just forget about big kilos."

He reckons high-rep leg extensions - I thought that would focus more stress on the knee?

Anyway, the pain is getting worse. Today I couldnt even do a warmup set of squats without feeling the sharp burn. I wont be seeing the ortho surgeon for another month but dont want to stop working the quads if I can help it.

Can anyone recommend a replacement for squats for a few months? So far I can deadlift without pain so should I just up the volume with the deads to compensate for the lack of squat work? Leg extensions.....?

More focus on quads with the trap bar?

Less focus on the lower back, you're more upright while lifting since the weight is at the side of your body rather than being in front like regular deadlifts.
Since you don't have any issues with your knees dead lifting then the trap bar dead lift would be a good alternative to squats.

Last edited:
The more you try and focus the trap bar deads on your quads the more it will stress sore knees.

The OP can only know for sure by giving it a try otherwise he can try the leg press and leg extensions as a process of elimination.

I'll give it a try, thanks.

Also might try high rep bodyweight squats without locking out at the top to target the quads.