• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pendlay seminar

Something else that was mentioned regrading the Chinese was that they are no longer encouraging the pushing of the knees out during the squat. Thoughts on this?

I've always been taugh and teach pushing the knees out on the upward motion of the squat (when I say knees out, I mean keeping them over the feet, not letting them collapse in)

As a novice not sticking my knees out gave me tendinitis. As a more advanced lifter, my knees not only stay out better, so when they "come in" it's really an inch or maybe two, but they don't give a fuck if they do. Probably because I'm stronger.

I think if you're the kind of person who's in the Chinese weightlifting team and who can make 300kg look like air, it probably doesn't matter what you do with your knees.

And here's the link:

[YOUTUBE]The "Chuanfu Squat" - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

I don't think it's about being able to train full time Oni, Chinese kids still go to school, and I don't think it's gene pool related either, more about culture.

Our best athletes go into swimming, track and field etc because there is better funding and more exposure at a school level, there aren't to many schools out there that expose kids to Olympic lifting (IMO they should, even if the kids don't stick with it it would help their track and field, football, basketball etc athletes.) Add to that you don't have talent scouts going around looking for kids to lift.

I'm sure you can see results from the Russian/Bulgarian/Chinese programming, but that is different to the method.

Something else he also mentioned was that the Russians are very protective of their kids. They won't let a kid do something that could cause potential harm. He use ice hockey as an example, kids in Russia aren't allowed to "check" other kids (into the wall, glass etc) they find it quite barbaric that kids in USA are allowed to do this and think its pretty disgusting stuff. As a result their kids only prepare for weightlifting without actually performing the lifts until they are 15-16yrs.

You just repeated exactly what I said. I've spoken to Pendlay about this over the facebooks and on his forum. The Chinese are snatching with perfect form at age 8. There is a lot of money in weightlifting for them. We don't have the genetic pool they do (in weightlighting, not as a country) because our best athletes do track and field. In the USA the money is in football and NHL.

Also I am pretty much following the Chinese method to the letter. Although my exposure to the barbell lifts was a bit too late in my development. But I'm a powerlifter and strongman, not a weightlifter- so it probably doesn't matter

Got a link to that anywhere.

Yeah I was always stronger pushing knees in on squats. People would tell me my knees would explode but it never happened. Of course if your knees are collapsing that is bad. Them moving in slightly is beneficial though. You'll find a lot of raw squatters do this in powerlifting.

Here is Dan Green talking about it:
JTSstrength.com-Dan Green Explains Knee Action in the Squat - YouTube

Here are some big squats:
Squat 430 kg (100 w.c.) Konstantin Pozdeev - YouTube
RAW Squat 400 kg (100 w.c.) Konstantin Pozdeev!! - YouTube
Squat. RAW World Record. Andrey Malanichev. 450kg (993lbs). Knee Wraps. - YouTube
Rubish, Green, Lilliebridge, Lilly, Efferding Raw Squats - Backyard Meet | SuperTraining.TV - YouTube

You just repeated exactly what I said. I've spoken to Pendlay about this over the facebooks and on his forum. The Chinese are snatching with perfect form at age 8. There is a lot of money in weightlifting for them. We don't have the genetic pool they do (in weightlighting, not as a country) because our best athletes do track and field. In the USA the money is in football and NHL.

Also I am pretty much following the Chinese method to the letter. Although my exposure to the barbell lifts was a bit too late in my development. But I'm a powerlifter and strongman, not a weightlifter- so it probably doesn't matter

I'm starting to wonder why I reply to you..

You follow the method to letter, but your exposure was a bit to late, and you're a power lifter and a strong man...and I didn't see any lifts in your log...but you follow the method to the letter...

I think I'm gonna stop replying and reading your posts...

Edit: 0ni, is this you? Cause it sure looks like you. When you say your exposure was a bit to late you mean like this week, right?

Last edited:
The system is a developmental plan over many years from child > professional.
Read "Development of the Russian Conjugate System". You can buy it from EliteFTS.

When you think of training, you're thinking weekly or daily and not lifetime. You don't see any lifts in my log? What do you think the 2000+ logged training sessions contain? Scrabble?

I'm starting to wonder why I reply to you..

You follow the method to letter, but your exposure was a bit to late, and you're a power lifter and a strong man...and I didn't see any lifts in your log...but you follow the method to the letter...

I think I'm gonna stop replying and reading your posts...

Edit: 0ni, is this you? Cause it sure looks like you. When you say your exposure was a bit to late you mean like this week, right?

Gold!!!

I went to the seminar, for an ice bath..
My dog enjoyed it though, people patting her and stuff...