• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting Australia Raw

This is not ProRaw, its PA, and yes, I'm still looking for a logo,post in the other thread though

PA website has just been updated with corrected definition showing examples of what is allowed.
Be interesting to see what the takeup is and how quickly all the raw open standards get broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I almost certainly will lift in December at the Matti Tikka Challenge.

And Perhaps the nationals. any idea where they are and when?

Cool. I almost certainly will lift in December at the Matti Tikka Challenge.

And Perhaps the nationals. any idea where they are and when?

At this stage the raw nationals are proposed for Townsville at the end of April or beginning of May.

hmm this willbe a tough decsion... I might rejoin PA because i like the way its run/ organised but id still like to be able to enter pro raw etc.. Maybe Ill have a crack at pro raw in january then join PA.

Why would you lift in PA when you miss out on CAPO events plus local held events, ridiculous, but lets not get into that again.

the politics can go both ways- why would you lift with CAPO and miss out on all the PA comps, including locally run ones? Individual lifters make their choice.
Personally- I just see it as a choice between PA (tested, single ply and raw) versus not PA (untested multi-ply and raw).

You can compete in more competitions outside of PA. To me, the more things I can enter, the stronger Ill get.

yeh I mean the reason why I left PA was there was no raw division. I was lifting raw against guys who were lifting equipped. sure it was good to just break my own PBS but you never got a clear indication of what level you were at.
Now they have raw I would chose PA over CAPO as its better run, I dont take drugs so id be on a level playig field with other athletes and I think they support there members at representive level alot more.
The down side is not being able to lift in Pro Raw type events but not lifitng in capo events will not be a huge loss.

You can compete in more competitions outside of PA. To me, the more things I can enter, the stronger Ill get.

I don't know much about the CAPO calendar- but are there more non-PA powerlifting comps than PA ones?
PA runs something like 32 Aussie comps per year and for those that qualify there is also the world open & junior bench, world open equipped, world open raw, world masters, world juniors, world masters bench, the arnold classic, the commonwealths, oceanias etc. PA also run a comp- the matti tikka- which has run for a long time- offering opals as prizes to best lifters- next year it looks like there will also be a cash prize loacl comp and quite possibly a powerlifters versus bodybuilders comp.
Pretty good level of competition really.