• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting Chains

I use chains all the time, but only every now and then in the GYM :)

But i now prefer bands either from below or above on power racks (if you have one) and for deadlifts etc.

Less noise and you can vary the resistance/assistance by shortening the band etc, alot cheaper than chains, more options and far easier to use for the same thing.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Get rigging chains that have failed their testing. Ring around crane companies or lifting and rigging testers.

Failing that find a warehouse with a gantry crane that is empty but up for lease, liberate the chains, that's what I did.

The main thing I see with chains is people sayingI lifted this weight plus 50kg of chain

When you look at the vid etc, at full extension 1/2 the chain ie: 25kg is still on the ground

Lifting it all off the ground and it swinging and swaying is half the challenge trying to combat the movement.

I got a whole lot of chain via ebay from a marine section- it was anchor chain. About 28kg of stainless steel chain for $90 delivered. Very happy with that.
Chain is great for overloading the top of the lift. It is similar to bands, but not the same. I do a lot of chain work with deadlift and bench.