• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting From USA Point of View

super mason

Hey so i just thought i would put a thread up so i could post on some of the things happening over here and in the USA over all. Also if anyine has any questions i can answer them here.

Post up your last bench work out big fella.

For those that dont know, Mason benched 177.5kg at the WPC Worlds at 18, and its a WR

welcome to the forums mason, impressive lifts job well done

mason?? hhmm i think i remember Markos talking about you one other time in one of his updates of the WPC Worlds

Because of the time difference, the big fella will take a long time to reply, so if its an easy question to answer, especially one I discussed with him at length, I'll stop the 14hr time delay.

Johnnie, its our 1 month anniversary tomorrow

Impressive stuff Super Mason.

Can you post up what your daily food intake looks like. I'd imagine there be plenty o of bagels and milk? :p

Cheers.

so my daily food intake is for breakfast i eat 4-6 eggs poached with two muffins and two chicken breasts. For lunch i eat about 6 7oz. chicken breasts and either a glass of chocolate milk or a protein shake. And for dinner usually what ever my mum makes so either pasta with peppers or spaghetti, but she cooks on the grill alot so either steak or burgers. So my daily protein intake is about 235-250 grams calories is 1,200-2,400 depending on what i have for dinner and caarbs are around 300 grams.

My last bench workout was i started at 135lbs x10 for warm up then did 225 x5 315x3 and 325x1 as my warm up. Then for my power lifts i did:
325 x1 rest pause
355 x1 rest pause
375 x1 rest pause
395 x1 rest pause
405 x1 rest pause i needed a little help on this one cuz i tweeked my shoulder
Then for boards i did
3 board 405 for a triple
3 board 425 for a double
3 board 450 for a double
3 board 500 for a single

After i did all my assist work
dumbbell press 5x5 with 100 lbs
Over the head military press 225lbs 5x5
Dumbbell rows 5x5 with 60 lbs

Sorry about the conversions Markos can help you with those.

Im curious about what do for you squat and deadlift day im starting to hit those hard so when i get there i can see how i do them campared to you all. Cuz at worlds i was amazed that Max didnt wear a belt and his technique was alot different from what i do because i have to compensate for the belt being there so all my training techniques are probly different from yours.

lbs is good enough.
people can divide by 2.2 to get kg easy enough.

what are your competition numbers like for squat and dead? raw?

600 for deadlift and about 450 for squat i hae a bad hip so i shyed away from squating for awhile but now ive been doing them more and my numbers are getting up there

1200-2400cals and maintaining 160kg bodyweight?

Nice pressing Mason. I'd kill for a 405 bench!

so my daily food intake is for breakfast i eat 4-6 eggs poached with two muffins and two chicken breasts. For lunch i eat about 6 7oz. chicken breasts and either a glass of chocolate milk or a protein shake. And for dinner usually what ever my mum makes so either pasta with peppers or spaghetti, but she cooks on the grill alot so either steak or burgers. So my daily protein intake is about 235-250 grams calories is 1,200-2,400 depending on what i have for dinner and caarbs are around 300 grams.

Okay, by now you guys can see that Mason is strong, but shit at math lol

250gm protein = 1000 calories
300gm carb = 1200 calories
Fat = ????????????

Lots of fat in some of his meals, steak, eggs, burgers, milk, spaghetti and at 9 calories a gram, you can see that the big fella is not maintaining 160kg on 2400 calories, probably double.

How f u c k i n g strong is he lol

ive never been good at math so its probly like 4,800-5,000 i never knew that one gram of protein was was nine calories. hmmmm i guess i learn something new everyday

lol

1gm protein = 4 calories
1gm of carbs = 4 calories
1gm of fat = 9 calories
1gm of alcohol = 7 calories

That is all the macronutrients big fella, now start eating.