• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Preworkout

if i took a pre workout at about 5:00 would i be able to sleep at about 9:00? ive never tried pre workouts but sometimes i get tired when i knock off work and a pre workout could be the occasional pep up i need. not at the expense of my precious sleep though.

I'm currently up to a large 35g serving of Pre-Workout NT and have that at 4-5pm and am asleep by 10.30-11pm, if that helps

If you've never had it before you will love it, start at the smallest possible dosage, then slowly slowly increase over time.

I started off with 3 flat scoops of the scoop provided, then 3 heaped scoops, then 4...5... now I have a heaped 30g protein scoop lol.

After this bag is over, I'm gonna lay off it for a few months again.

thats nuts morgan

I found that I was unable to sleep for up to 8 hours after, and when I did get to sleep i was restless, and sweating quite a bit.

I still get the sweats, but the sleeplessness and restlessness is quite reduced now.

I am only on the 3 level scoups ..

it is awsome stuff.. love the how i feel at gym with it.

i found on an empty stomach or 3 hours post protein shake is best, after food, it slows the release, and not as noticable, and prolongs the realese, ie sleeplessness.

if i took a pre workout at about 5:00 would i be able to sleep at about 9:00? ive never tried pre workouts but sometimes i get tired when i knock off work and a pre workout could be the occasional pep up i need. not at the expense of my precious sleep though.

as long as your not taking heaps, it should. Your first use will be very strong so i can't garantee it.

When I take a pre workout in the evening I can doze off ok however it makes me too restless throughout the night and overall my sleep is shit. To me it is kinda like sleeping after a big night on the vodka redbulls

I'm currently up to a large 35g serving of Pre-Workout NT and have that at 4-5pm and am asleep by 10.30-11pm, if that helps

Dude, that's like 350mg of caffeine, that is NOT good!

I love this product, but the caffeine is just too damn high. I'd like to have a 20g serve for the other ingredients, but then I get a 200mg hit of caffeine which is about 3 times more than I am happy to take (I'd actually prefer to have none at all).

So it's just sitting on my shelf wasting away...

The weird thing is, apart from the usual tingles in the face from the beta alanine or whatever it is, I barely feel it? 3 scoops of Mesomorph used to nearly finish me off, haven't even come close to that feeling from the Bulk Nutrients product.

As I said, after this I will give the preworkout a rest for a few months, sucks though :(

latest workout i recently got was hemo rage, it boasts never try more than one scoop.
Its similar feeling to MR1 but dont feel dazed for hours after.
I only use MR1 these days in the morning as i have trouble sleeping if doing it in the arvo.

i cycle between MR1, jacks3d, Hemo rage and no explode, never have the same one for more than 4 days in a row. seems to be working so far.

Last edited:
latest workout i recently got was hemo rage, it boasts never try more than one scoop.
Its similar feeling to MR1 but dont feel dazed for hours after.
lol, be sure to have 3 scoops, I crashed so hard 90mins later I nearly fell asleep in the spa after my workout.

Pistachio: I got out the kitchen scales and measured out one of my large servings, it's only 25g, not 35g, not that it's much better, but I will never have more than 25g.

Im buying pure caffeine and DMAA from now on, no matter how many scoops you have you coudl end up with x amount of caffeine in Dmaa in 1 scoop or 5 scoops.

Plus those aminos, nah they dont really do it for me I reckon.

Good evening fellas,

Just a quick question on preworkouts - which preworkout do you find effective?

Tried jack3d for the first time today - to be honest, couldn't feel the slightest of differences.

What do you recommend from long-term experience? We're looking at developing a preworkout and want your opinion.

Hey,

I use controlled labs triple stack. 2 scoops White flood ,1 scoop Green Mag,
30Min's before training and 1 scoop of purple wraath during. I find with these that I'm more focus, able to lift heavier and get extra 2 or more reps than I can without supps. I also find the pump last longer and my recovery is so much quicker. I feel it for approx an hour ,no trouble sleeping.

I'm still rockin this BN Pre workout NT and had a killer session this arvo in the gym. I'll be trying there non-caffeinated version next to see if I can find a product that doesn't affect my sleep. This one seems to have me wide awake at 4am, which I'm not happy about. Still loving it in the gym though. I'm only using 2 scoops at the moment, but also only using about once or twice a week, a 3-4 days apart.