• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw IRONEDGE Rep Challenge

PTC

The details for this comp are going up early to allow lifters to make arrangements.

It will be held at PTC on the 24th of April, Easter Sunday.

In previous Strongman comps interstate competitors were at a disadvantage due to not having the implements to train on. I have done my best to rectify this problem.

Here goes, I hope its not too complicated.

Men Rules

Bench Press bw + 20kg
Clean & press/jerk bw + 20kg
Squat 1.5 x bw + 20kg
Deadlift 2 x bw + 20kg
UDL 80kg KB

Female Rules

Bench press 75% of bw + 10kg
Clean & press/jerk 75% of bw + 10kg
Squat bw + 10kg
Deadlift 1.5 x bw + 10kg
UDL 64kg KB

Now, the woman compete with the men. The scoring system is

The lifter with the most TOTAL reps, from ALL 5 lifts, wins. Any lifter that can get at least 1 rep on every challenge, gets an extra 10 points added to his total.

Here is an example for an 80kg lifter

Squat 140kg x 7
Bench 100kg x 5
Deadlift 180kg x 10
C&P 100kg x 2
UDL 80kg x 25

Total reps = 49 reps
Bonus = 10 reps

Score 59

A 100kg lifter

Squat 170kg x 3
Bench 120kg x 5
Deadlift 220kg x 8
C&P 120kg x 0
UDL 80kg x 35

Total reps = 51 reps
Bonus = 0

Score 51

There will be a 2 minute time limit on every event.

A lifter can not rack the bar on Squat or Bench press
A lifter can take his hands off bar on deads,UDL and C&P
Belts, knee wraps and wrist wraps allowed
Weigh in the morning of the comp
Bench press is touch and go
No bouncing on deads or C&P
Tops optional

PRIZE MONEY

1st place - $2000
2nd place - $1000
3rd place - $500
4th place - $250
5th place - $150
6th place - $100

Entry fee for ProRaw members is $50

ProRaw membership is $100 per year. Its not a 12 month thing. You'll need a 2011 membership to enter.

You must be a member of ProRaw to compete

Paid up entrants
1. Max Markopoulos - Vic
2. Nina Markopoulos - Vic
3. Chris Lazarevic - NSW
4. Sussy Kollen - Vic
5. Nick Rankin - Vic
6. Adam Lam - Vic

Last edited:
Daniel, seeing as its NOT a PL comp, do you think PA guys could compete?

I know Paul from WA won a strongman in 2010.

Freako, I'd love to make it mandatory that guys had to compete topless wearing kilts, like real men

i think the UDL's will have too big of an impact on the score.

there would be no point going all out on deadlift to get an extra two reps when you could save yourself and get an extra 10 on UDL's

UDL for time? therefor everyone would be around the same point and not let some freak crank out about 20 more reps than the next best and win even if he got beaten on every other event

Last edited:
Harry, STRONG IS STRONG

I've been running these comps for years, nobody tanking has EVER won.

No tactics, simply bring your strong

The key, as Michael pointed out, is clean and pressing your bodyweight + 20kg.

How many supposed strong guys can do that?

A smarter man would be training C&P.

10 bonus points means 10 less reps on UDL.

Out of curiosity, who on here can C&P bw + 20kg?

Damn, now I'm interested

I couldn't do most of these but I would love to try!!
Teen lifters allowed??

Now just have to join ProRaw.....

i could do 2 reps no worries @75kg +20 ... If I trained cleans between now and april i could probably get more cause its easy to push press the wieght over head..
But that said im focusing on the powerlifting this year and not so much conditioning, cleans, strong man type stuff. 2011/12 is all about a big total for me.

not yet. I have a ganglion on my right wrist which makes getting in any consistent C&P training difficult.

i just think its places too much value on the UDL's. maybe you should do points for winning each event. 10 for the winner and then 9 for second and then,8,7,6 etc. in your examples UDL's make up half your score, too much in my opinion.

maybe I'm wrong, i've never ran a comp, i just thought that it could be an issure. the Comp sounds like a great idea. i added those lifts to my goals spreadsheet and ill see what the standard is, and try to match it in the future

I know its your new toy MArkos, but maybe just loose the UDLs

The big boys will smash out craploads, as its the only event that is not remotely related to BW..

An 80kg kettle bell will be heaps easier for a 140kg bloke compared to a 70kg bloke