• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw IRONEDGE Rep Challenge

To the little guys worried about the monsters manhandling big kettlebells

The best ever lifter I have seen on UDL's is Simon, a 90kg boxer.

The second best is an 84kg footballer, he did over 90 on Tabata UDL, the very first time he ever did one

Its funny how guys that have never competed at a Strongman comp think they know the angles.

Let me tell you NO heavy weight guy is going to win the UDL section, it will be won by someone weighing between 85-105kg.

Anyone weighing 105kg is going to have a hell of a time putting 125kg overhead.

You see, I have done this many times before, I know what works and what doesnt.

The contest format is set, anyone planning on lifting can ask what they like.

If Gawain competes, does ANYONE think the guy that can total 900kg in competition can win this challenge.

The biggest guy will find it very, very tough. If Gawain comes in at a svelte 160kg, he then has to

Bench 180kg for reps
Squat 290kg for reps
Deadlift 340kg for reps
C&P 180kg
UDL 80kg

Still think the comp is favoured to the big guys?

This comp favours the little guys! You should change everything around now because the super heavies have no chance!

;)

I was just relating it to the Udls, as there had been a few comments about them.

I can clearly see were someone like 180, mike, would clean up on such an event, light and fn strong.

Even piss week, never competed in a strong man event me, could probably pull off all those lifts, just not for many reps.

Last edited:
markos is spot on the money.. it comes don to fitess/conditoining... an athlete will win this comp.. not the strongest guy.... I wouldnt worry about a 80kg KB I guarante all the guys who are as markos says 75-90kg and strong will out UDL guys 120kg + even though there deadlift may be 50kg + less then the heavioer guys.
80kg is light for anyone.. doing it 40+ times becomes a fitness and mind thing . not strengh...

It is what it is Nick, Strong is Strong

I knew you would be in Chris

There will no longer be $1000 on offer for first place

It will be going to second place

First place is now $2000

And third place is $500

Fourth place is $250

Fifth place is $150

Sixth place is $100

I will amend the first post

Last edited:
I can envision an unprecedented number of lifters entering.

I may have to cap it, so dont hesitate.

We have the option of spilling over to the Monday as Monday and Tuesday are public holidays.

The event is being sponsored by Iron Edge.

There will promo posters all over Australia.

The first ProRaw comp was a feeler for sponsors. They wanted to see what would happen. I guess 40 members in 3 months is pretty good.

Another thing, if you dont like the events or the format, dont enter. I found out a long time ago (1962) that you'll never please everyone, so I'll please my self.

The threat of a cap is very real, as I wont need entry fee for the Prize money. The cut off will happen without warning. The quality of the event wont be jeopardized by non commited lifters.

Now stop reading and start training.

Any gym or individual that wants an 80kg KB, Iron Edge will have them in stock early Feb.

if I was significantly smaller and not a PA member I'd do this. At my current weight I reckon I'd push the little dudes in bench (I reckon I could do 20) and squat (maybe 15 or more) for sure, but in other areas I'd probably suck.

Minh suggested PA members contact WADA and find out if they can lift.

As I stated earlier, Paul McManus entered and won a Strongman comp in 2010, that comp didnt fall under the WADA banner either.

I dont know what WADA's rules are, nor do I care, I dont run my comps to please them, or anyone else.

Steve, you know I'll get you eventually, stop resisting lol

Steve, please contact me, Sussy needs a small black Inzer soft suit by ProRawOne

Thats awesome to have Iron Edge behind you Markos.

You must be really happy with how things are working out.

I hope it all runs smoothly and cant wait to see the vids and pics that come with it!

I had been in talks with Rick from day one.

Like everyone, he was careful with where he puts his advertising dollar. Thats why he runs a successful business.

His vote of confidence in ProRaw is very appreciated.

I never panicked or cheapened ProRaw by accepting offers of prizes instead of cash or using what I considered inappropriate sponsors.

It took nerve with ProRawOne because I had promised $4000 in cash prizes. I managed to pull that off WITHOUT a sponsor.

Things will be different now.

There is even a chance Prize money will go up, but cash for the first 6 is a great start.

Minh suggested PA members contact WADA and find out if they can lift.

As I stated earlier, Paul McManus entered and won a Strongman comp in 2010, that comp didnt fall under the WADA banner either.

I dont know what WADA's rules are, nor do I care, I dont run my comps to please them, or anyone else.

Steve, you know I'll get you eventually, stop resisting lol

Steve, please contact me, Sussy needs a small black Inzer soft suit by ProRawOne

Its not WADA that decides- the issue is with PA's regulations. But, I'm too fat anyway.
Metal used to run a comp each year, lifters 100kg and under or over 100kg. The smaller guys benched 140 and deadlifted 180 and gthe heavier guys benched 180 and deadlifted 220. They did this for reps. Awesome viking madness!

Gawain doesnt have the cardio to type for that long.

Last night he carried 5 x 5kg buckets of protein around 100m and we thought he was going to die, I'm serious

All lies! I swear it was 10 buckets and it was 2kms uphill!

PM me your email or add me to fb ill send you my nutrition plan man

Im the fittest 170kg person you know Markos ;)

Last edited: