• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Powder

I like the sweet flavours of most protein powders - strawberry and banana. They don't taste anything like the fruits but they go down the easiest.

I don't like BN 'choc mint' flavour but its allright I guess, but not as good as sweeter ones. I don't like any of them really the sweet ones are just the least bad tasting to me.

just received my latest BN order.
got strawberry wpi. actually tastes alright!! would be awesome some extra berries etc. just with water fine. its farkin sweet though.

got a cookies n cream sample too. was shit in water.

Got my sample of it this morning with my creatine order, tried it straight away as I was going to order a kilo of it if it was any good.

Must say seriously underwhelmed, if I did not read Cookies & Cream on the packet I would swear it was just natural WPI or at best vanilla. Did not even get a hint of Cookies & Cream. Actually got the sachet back out the garbage and checked what was printed on it when I had my first taste.

I wish I never bought 5kgs of it

This is the reason why I and many others don't order protein from BN. It's more expensive than the closest competitor and you have to get 5kg of one flavour at a higher price than getting 5 different flavours.

I mean wtf are going to do with 5kg of protein that you don't like the taste of.

Should have probably tried a sample first tough before committing to 5kg.

Have brought that up with BN but they won't budge on it. So my cash goes elsewhere. Got my BN order today, as well as 10kg of protein from their direct competitor. All bagged in 1kg bags with about 6 different flavours.

Last edited:
ive got 5kg of the BN Vanilla at the moment.. I almost always just get vanilla since it's a flavour that tastes fine on its own but also mixes well with almost anything.

That being said though - I would have liked to be able to get a range of flavours for the sake of mixing things up a bit.. Will probably order from NBS when this 5kg runs out for that reason.

Got my sample of it this morning with my creatine order, tried it straight away as I was going to order a kilo of it if it was any good.

Must say seriously underwhelmed, if I did not read Cookies & Cream on the packet I would swear it was just natural WPI or at best vanilla. Did not even get a hint of Cookies & Cream. Actually got the sachet back out the garbage and checked what was printed on it when I had my first taste.

This is the reason why I and many others don't order protein from BN. It's more expensive than the closest competitor and you have to get 5kg of one flavour at a higher price than getting 5 different flavours.

I mean wtf are going to do with 5kg of protein that you don't like the taste of.

Should have probably tried a sample first tough before committing to 5kg.

Have brought that up with BN but they won't budge on it. So my cash goes elsewhere. Got my BN order today, as well as 10kg of protein from their direct competitor. All bagged in 1kg bags with about 6 different flavours.
Only reason I got BN was because they use aus post but it looks like NBS are going to start using aus post so that wont be a problem anymore. I cant get it delivered to work so using a courier outside of auspost isnt possible. The cookies and cream is OK but nothing to rave about, IMO it just tastes like drinking sweetened cream. I will be able to drink it with milk for breakfast but im not sure about water as I havnt tried it. Ive just had 5kgs of BN vanilla, I have with milk or water depending if im training or not and im still not bored of that flavour.

I did get a sample pack from NBS and it was ok but I did mix it with water so its hard to compare to BN, I will definately give NBS a try again as they are cheaper and allow you mix flavours if they stay with using aus post.

ive tryed alot of different ones my top 1s would have to be myofusion and anything from maxs there flavours are bang on i dont use anything else now there superwhey supersize and supershred are all good

ive tryed alot of different ones my top 1s would have to be myofusion and anything from maxs there flavours are bang on i dont use anything else now there superwhey supersize and supershred are all good

Are you a butcher meat man ?

Only reason I got BN was because they use aus post but it looks like NBS are going to start using aus post so that wont be a problem anymore. I cant get it delivered to work so using a courier outside of auspost isnt possible. The cookies and cream is OK but nothing to rave about, IMO it just tastes like drinking sweetened cream. I will be able to drink it with milk for breakfast but im not sure about water as I havnt tried it. Ive just had 5kgs of BN vanilla, I have with milk or water depending if im training or not and im still not bored of that flavour.

I did get a sample pack from NBS and it was ok but I did mix it with water so its hard to compare to BN, I will definately give NBS a try again as they are cheaper and allow you mix flavours if they stay with using aus post.

Have used NB for at least two years now, and has always turned up with Australia Post, never had it delivered any other way, as it went straight to my PO Box. Now I just get it sent home and comes with Australia Post.

Max' s super dooper uber size whey has much BS fillers....

The NBS, BN, PROT N MORE type wholesalers have vastly superior products... They are cheaper and yet have more protein in them...

Then again of there is a flavour in the maxs range that you particularly like... :cool:

Max' s super dooper uber size whey has much BS fillers....

The NBS, BN, PROT N MORE type wholesalers have vastly superior products... They are cheaper and yet have more protein in them...

Then again of there is a flavour in the maxs range that you particularly like... :cool:

What are the fillers they use?

What are the fillers they use?

Bulkers and shredders.... Next time you see a tub pick one up and read the label...

Bulkers have magic mushrooms in them that will pack on size...

Shredder was the evil nemesis of the teenage mutant ninja turtles... Mainly they add caffiene and other fat burners to the protein...

Then check the protein content and compare to the wholesalers....

I bought a tub of Max's to try once. Extreme Mass gainer, 50-50 protein carbs essentially. Was around 110$ for 3kg WITH a 15% discount !!!

I will say though, it tasted amazing... Just product for money wasn't worth while...

Just had a BN order rock up at the door. Bought a KG of cookies and cream in it. Couldn't wait to try it. Open the bag: smells delicious. Mixed a level scoop (~30g) with 400ml of milk. I think it was too much milk, but I still thought it tasted alright. Will try it with a little larger of a scoop next time though.

Last edited:
Bulkers and shredders.... Next time you see a tub pick one up and read the label...

Bulkers have magic mushrooms in them that will pack on size...

Shredder was the evil nemesis of the teenage mutant ninja turtles... Mainly they add caffiene and other fat burners to the protein...

Then check the protein content and compare to the wholesalers....

That was funny nazzy, say some more stuff

Strange when I ordered 20kg of dextrose from NB it came by hunter express
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Strange when I ordered 20kg of dextrose from NB it came by hunter express

Never ordered 20kg of anything, may be after a certain weight they use currier as it's cheaper.

When I order 5kg of protein it turns up in a post satchel, got 10kg yesterday and it arrived in a box with Australia Post but the poor postie was struggling to bring it to the front door, he obviously does not lift:p

yea i agree it does have bulking up agents in the super size but if your buying a protein called supersize i would expect that same with super shred if i all i wanted was a straight whey protein i would use superwhey 80g of protein per 100g i wouldnt say was to bad and as for sugars go maxs is one of the best you can get in my opinion. and yes i am a butcher

Love the taste of Maxe's protein but he price leaves a bad taste in my mouth:p

Not a fan of the additives either, I am starting to have 100% natural unflavoured WPI now, 100% WPI, not a protein blend, filled with dextrose and cheap proteins with only a small amount of quality WPI in the 'proprietary blend':cool: