• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Psychoactive and Entheogenic Plants

Im not replying to the alcohol argument anymore.

If you think having widespread access to psychosis inducing drugs is some how benefitial your simply fucking lost.

You can take your strawman and holier then though arguments and shove them.

You have 0 understanding of pharmacology and psychology. Your simply a kid who gets shot faced and now feels like they 'have seen' and experienced this higher level of awareness when your simply a drug addict justifying there actions.

There is currently widespread access to these drugs, go out into the fields after the rain and you can find them easily. Making these drugs illegal and criminalizing people for holding small amounts DOES NOT WORK to reduce the rate of use within the population. If you beleive the current war on drugs is doing anything to make the situation better, then you my friend are the one who is "lost".

Have you looked at the research from the 70's when it was still legal to do research with psychedelics? Most found little to no side effects in the patients that took it.

Have you looked at the research from the 70's when it was still legal to do research with psychedelics? Most found little to no side effects in the patients that took it.

"[Steve] Jobs experimented with psychedelics, later calling his LSD experiences "one of the two or three most important things [he had] done in [his] life""

major side effect of LSD = profit

Last edited:
"[Steve] Jobs experimented with psychedelics, later calling his LSD experiences "one of the two or three most important things [he had] done in [his] life".["

major side effect of LSD = profit
come on Man. I think you're taking things abit to far there.

LSD good for you, OK.:cool:

Im not replying to the alcohol argument anymore.

If you think having widespread access to psychosis inducing drugs is some how benefitial your simply fucking lost.

You can take your strawman and holier then though arguments and shove them.

You have 0 understanding of pharmacology and psychology. Your simply a kid who gets shot faced and now feels like they 'have seen' and experienced this higher level of awareness when your simply a drug addict justifying there actions.

Why are you not responding to the alcohol argument?
What do you think "enlightenment" is?

There was not a single case of DMT induced psychosis or a hospitalization due to DMT use in Australia last year. I couldn't find previous records but if anyone has them feel free to post them up. There was less than 5 in the USA with over 10 times the hosptilizations from vitamin C overdose

Also making someone a criminal with a record for taking a drug is fucking stupid
Distributing a drug? Fair enough.

come on Man. I think you're taking things abit to far there.

LSD good for you, OK.:cool:

Don't shoot the messenger bro.

I was just quoting Steve Jobs, one of the most incredible minds of the last century.

He thought psychedelics were good.

Do you own a smart phone?

Don't shoot the messenger bro.

I was just quoting Steve Jobs, one of the most incredible minds of the last century.

He thought psychedelics were good.

Do you own a smart phone?
nah man I coooweeeeeeee. :D

Feel free to edumacate us on the benefits of LSD though. :confused:

I don't think you can say something like LSD is "good" for you.
But it's one of the only medicines that can cure cluster migranes (most drugs poorly treat the symptoms). It's also used a lot in alternative therapy for psychological issues but like all therapies if it's done poorly you can end up doing even more damage

Lsd is not good for you and I think certain types of personalities should steer clear of it.

Heavy tripping can be very challenging to the psyche. It can also be very rewarding. I don't know that I would give it to someone that wasn't used to the peaks and troughs of heavy drug abuse already. If you can't handles solid binges of other drugs without freaking probably steer clear of tripping.

I think for something to be "good for you" it needs to have a tonic effect for the general population. Do people agree with this?

EVERYTHING has it's uses, this is different to it being "good for you"- even if it is good for you. If that makes sense

I think psychedelics can be useful for certain people in a certain context. To say they have no benefits is ignorant. For analysing the mind and solving abstract problems they can be a powerful tool.

My brother is a doctor of applied mathematics. He told me that most of his colleagues dabbled in psychedelics at some point during their research, many of their research breakthroughs came while under the influence of said substances. Serious.

Having said that I have to admit that I'm a fence sitter wrt legalisation and use for the majority of the population. Would I want my son talking this stuff? Maybe not. Though if he did I hope he wouldn't have to worry about going to jail over a trip with his mates.

It's an interesting debate that unfortunately seems to be degenerating into unnecessary ****iness. Bit of a shame really.

Last edited:
Everything in moderation, abusing panadol can have serious side effects, and certain people can have bad allergic reactions. Much like psychedelics (i am way simplifying it here haha).

Less debateing please. more information for the 'unenlightened'.

Someone care to explain what exactly 'gold top tea' is, besides the obvious. Is it good for an introduction? also is there a 'cookbook' for looking things up or is the 'shroomy' the best place to learn about this stuff?