• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Nice setup sticky. I wish I found a gym like this when I first started. People need to be aware of the alternatives to "financefirst" style gyms with real lifters instead of PT's telling people to avoid deadlifts lol.

Here is our team video from the GPC worlds.

I took a team of 5 from my gym to compete.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZgwpgwVoMc]PTC Brisbane at the GPC worlds 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Wish I could get my brother to come in to you guys for some training.
He's got MS but seems to be holding it at bay at the moment.

His chiropractor told him to only do cardio and fitness training no weights at all.
So he's now going for triathlons. At least he's stopped smoking.
His first triathlon is next weekend

well done to your team scott, great lifting.
what country won the worlds? How did zach go?

All the best for your brother Lex.

Israel won, the scoring was VERY generous to old lifters. Basically, the team with the oldest lifters won.
Australia placed 4th I think, not bad from 22.

Zach win his division. 310kg squat, 190kg bench and 65kg deadlift.
He tore his hamstring on his 2nd squat hence the torn deadlift.

Yesterday, I think we've had the biggest improvement in the history of PTC's nation wide.

Daniel started around 4 months ago, and just finished his first 3 month program.

At the start of the program he squatted 120, benched 140 and deadlifted 160 at 82kg.

Yesterday Dan squatted 190kg, benched a super easy 150kg (just missing 160) and pulled a comfortable 210 (just shy of lockout with 220) at around 86kg.

That's a total PB of 130kg!

Insane.

Well done mate.

Last edited:
Ok, Im going to start logging some of the lifts that are going on at PTC Brisbane again.

We have close to 100 members now, so I wont be able to write what EVERYONE is doing, just what I can recall.

Monday to Friday, the gym is open from 5am-8am and we have a good little mornings crew happening.

Tim benched in his single ply shirt 180kg x3, 200kg x3, then a heap of raw triples at 145kg. Finished off with incline bench and chins.

Jesse is training for her police force physical as well as improve her gridiron game - defensive line. benched 35kg 5x5, pendaly rows 45kg 3x8, bench dips and finished with sled drags with 150kg.

Adam has been with us for a couple of months now, today he benched 85x6, 90 3x4, 95 2x3, 100kg 4x4.
Finshed off with floor press 100x3, tricep work, rows and flys.

Matt B has now joined the morning crew. His missus and himself now have a new born, which means he has more work to do around the house. He wont miss training though.... He just needs to get up early.
He pulled 5 triples at 200kg. Did Rows, swings, curls and pull ups to finish.

Maryanne is training for the world champs for masters hurdling.
I have her loads of plyo work, and well as speed squats, GHR, sumo deadlifts and prowler sprints. We have also got 2 hurdles for her to practice with.

Loz has blown his knee out playing basketball, and is booked in for a pretty big surgery on Monday. He is still in benching and doing seated rows at least 3x a week.
Today he benched up to 120kg 4x4

We have also started doing Sunday sessions from 2pm-6pm at PTC.

I have done this specifically for 2 reasons.
- To lighten the load on the Monday, Wednesday, Friday sessions.
- Its about the only time I don't have clients to train.

Ben Frenchy drove down from Warwick to get his squat session done with us. I think this will be something he does every few weeks. Its just over 2hr each way.

Ben, Jackson, Alex and myself squatted. A vid is attached of our top weights.
Matt benched up to 155kg for 3 singles.

It was a great session, I can see these benefiting the gym, so for now they will continue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6nFoYN5h44]PTC Brisbane - Ben, Jackson, Scott & Alex 6 weeks out - YouTube[/ame]

some people will drive 2 hours for a swim, some will drive 2 hours to squat and get stronger...... its funny how some people complain and make excuses about how ptc is to far for them to travel

Ricky's program isn't even near peaking yet..... Big things will follow.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRtNvI8_RSU]PTC Brisbane - Ricky squats 300kg x2 - YouTube[/ame]

After all the dust settled from states, I updated our gym record board.

The board has the top 20 men, and top 5 women for the squat, bench and deadlift.

the board is on the right hand side of our website - PTC Brisbane - home

Noteable mention to Matt WM from jumping from 240kg at the bottom of teh pack to 272.5kg and over taking plenty of guys in the process.

Its also our 2nd birthday this weekend so are celebrating with a BBQ, free casual sessions, and discounts on memberships, so be sure to come in and say gday :)