• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

pumpin iron 2012 body transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't even going to say anymore about this in your thread but now you bring me up.

You go on about some retarded training program were strength progression is not required for muscle growth. Then you always confuse talking about strength with training for powerlifting or 1rm.

Now you come on and say you have lost strength on your cut which is a pretty clear sign of of muscle loss.

Elite level lifters will lose strength on a cut but most of us at beginner / intermediate levels with a proper cut diet should gain strength just at a slower rate than on a bulk.

Retarded training program? Might tell scott abel and all his clients and followers on his forum that one so they can all have a massive laugh then they will show me the 1000s of 90kg plus ripped clients of his and how this retarded training program got them these results.................. And for the last time i never ever said getting weaker builds muscles, how many time do i have to explain this? I said that you dont need to write numbers in your training log to see how much you lifted and then try and lift more the next week> Doing this puts a limit in your head, for example>telling yourself ok i Bicep curled 40kg for 5 reps last week, i want to do 40kg for 7 reps this week otherwise no muscle will be gained, That right there is what newbies are told to do> which is not the way bodybuilders should train> be it from beginner to advanced> the goal before each set is to 100% focus on strict form and trying to focus all your efforts mentally on targeting the muscle in that set> like i said if you have that thought in your head that you need to lift more weight or reps then you did last time, maybe you will cheat a bit just to get those extra reps, which is taking stress of the muscle, that is ego *str training*.

Guys like you Bazza telling bodybuilders *expecially newbies and beginners*that its all about the numbers and how much weight you lift is the most importance, leads them to ego train and not concentrate on the muscles they are training. Bodybuilding, Is all about 100% focusing on training the muscle/muscles, weight is just a tool used to do that. Powerlifting> All about how much weight you can lift. Yes the two are alike, but they are also very different aswell.

Progression in bodybuilding is upping the intensity, and that can be done with many methods, Super sets, Strip sets for example, and ofcourse use more weight when the weights you have been using previouslly dont challenge you anymore.

training with high volume of work 15-20+ for large muscle groups, 10-15 for smaller muscle groups and shorter rests with higher reps is bodybuilding training and produces the greatest hypertrophy.

Programs like the rippetoe maybe good for a beginner for a few months, to build some strenghth and a bit of a base is ok>but its nowhere near high enough volume or intensity to build a quality pysique in the long term.

FYI Scott made me cut very quickly because i had to much bodyfat, and obviouslly my strengh went down because of it, but i feel way better, fitter and shortly i will be in a calorie surplus so my strength will be going up and i will start to put on size..

Last edited:
On the subject of strength gaining vs bodybuilding you might do well to read about dogcrapp training.

Look, here are some facts:
Muscle fibres generate a force when they contract.
The more muscle fibres you have, the greater the total force they can produce.
The more muscle fibres you have, the bigger your muscles are going to be.
Therefore if you have larger muscles than you did before, you are going to also be stronger.

Whether or not it was your intention to get stronger, you did if you gained muscle size. This is why bodybuilders, even those who care only about size (e.g. the writer of DogCrapp training, Dorian Yates, or Arnie) keep track of their records for weight lifted for a number of reps, and try to build upon it. They also keep records of the total sets they do, and the breaks in between sets - e.g. 5x5 at 100kg on bench with 1 minute rests is a lot harder than if you make the breaks 5 minutes. You may call it 'intensity' but in reality you're developing strength if you can make those breaks shorter. Strength is not just measured as 1rm strength, but can also be max reps of a certain weight, or a record of how many sets you can do with very short breaks of a certain weight (for certain reps).

Interestingly, making progress in endurance strength has a direct carryover to 1rm strength if the reps are below or around 10. So you can use 1rm to measure your progress, even as a bodybuilder, though it might not be the best way.

Training for strength doesn't necessarily lead to ego training, or sloppy form in an attempt to throw bigger dumbells around.

I could go on, but I'd like some ackowledgement you understand this ....

Last edited:
On the subject of strength gaining vs bodybuilding you might do well to read about dogcrapp training.

Look, here are some facts:
Muscle fibres generate a force when they contract.
The more muscle fibres you have, the greater the total force they can produce.
The more muscle fibres you have, the bigger your muscles are going to be.
Therefore if you have larger muscles than you did before, you are going to also be stronger.

Whether or not it was your intention to get stronger, you did if you gained muscle size. This is why bodybuilders, even those who care only about size (e.g. the writer of DogCrapp training, Dorian Yates, or Arnie) keep track of their records for weight lifted for a number of reps, and try to build upon it. They also keep records of the total sets they do, and the breaks in between sets - e.g. 5x5 at 100kg on bench with 1 minute rests is a lot harder than if you make the breaks 5 minutes. You may call it 'intensity' but in reality you're developing strength if you can make those breaks shorter. Strength is not just measured as 1rm strength, but can also be max reps of a certain weight, or a record of how many sets you can do with very short breaks of a certain weight (for certain reps).

Interestingly, making progress in endurance strength has a direct carryover to 1rm strength if the reps are below or around 10. So you can use 1rm to measure your progress, even as a bodybuilder, though it might not be the best way.

Training for strength doesn't necessarily lead to ego training, or sloppy form in an attempt to throw bigger dumbells around.

I could go on, but I'd like some ackowledgement you understand this ....

Yer i agree with everything you said and never argued the point about training to get stronger to build muscle> aslong as ur training to failure and pushing yourself hard you are going to grow *PERIOD* The idea of not having a log book and training by feel allows you to 100% focus on the muscles ur training and not let that ego take over, you need to go into the gym with a general idea of how much weight you can use for certain exercises and rep ranges, so when you do your set, you can then 100% mentally focus on using strict form and training to failure using perfect form for every inch or every rep> getting the full stretch and then that peak contraction at the top of the movement.

Some would even go to the extreme and not even think or count there reps, Just train to all out failure 100% concentrating on full range of motion and perfect form and by the end they have no idea if they did 15 reps or 20 reps.

Beginner trainers, more importantly beginner bodybuilders starting out getting advice from guys like bazza think its all about the numbers, and will sacrifice form just to lift more weight.

Last edited:
Beginner trainers, more importantly beginner bodybuilders starting out getting advice from guys like bazza think its all about the numbers, and will sacrifice form just to lift more weight.

You are an idiot. I never said that. I don't recommend that and I don't do that.

Proper form should be used. Don't make shit up.

I don't think good form and noting the weights you lift / trying to lift more are mutually exclusive.

Certainly going into the gym and racking on 5kg without thinking on say your bicep curls is going to make you either (i) fail the exercise at very low rep range or (ii) force you to use bad form in order to shift the weight.

But this is just something you shouldn't do, and it's not something powerlifters do either. You need to pick your weights carefully when you're incrementing them. Powerlifters do a lot more than 5x5 by Rippetoe btw, most would do a periodization routine where the weights would increase from cycle to cycle more than week to week. The greatest powerlifter of all time emphasised planning out your weights using a 'cold calculated' approach and practiced 'ego less programming' with his weights.

I guess do whatever motivates you to push yourself through those difficult reps, whether it's breaking PBs or 'working the muscle'. Either way works the muscle, which will develop strength/size. I generally concentrate on form and speed. If you don't try to go quickly on some compound exercises you can fuck up your workout when it gets heavy by taxing yourself overly, and not generating the most force at the points you're strongest you won't get stronger there where there's the most potential.

Last edited:
70kg, been around 70 for 1 month now, Eating at around calorie maintenance. Im going to ask coach if my calories can be increased a bit> I guess he wants me to eat at maintenance for a while until ive burnt of a bit more fat and put on more muscle, then i guess he will add more calories to my diet> but that could be months away im not sure.

Last edited:
I don't think good form and noting the weights you lift / trying to lift more are mutually exclusive.

Certainly going into the gym and racking on 5kg without thinking on say your bicep curls is going to make you either (i) fail the exercise at very low rep range or (ii) force you to use bad form in order to shift the weight.

But this is just something you shouldn't do, and it's not something powerlifters do either. You need to pick your weights carefully when you're incrementing them. Powerlifters do a lot more than 5x5 by Rippetoe btw, most would do a periodization routine where the weights would increase from cycle to cycle more than week to week. The greatest powerlifter of all time emphasised planning out your weights using a 'cold calculated' approach and practiced 'ego less programming' with his weights.

I guess do whatever motivates you to push yourself through those difficult reps, whether it's breaking PBs or 'working the muscle'. Either way works the muscle, which will develop strength/size. I generally concentrate on form and speed. If you don't try to go quickly on some compound exercises you can fuck up your workout when it gets heavy by taxing yourself overly, and not generating the most force at the points you're strongest you won't get stronger there where there's the most potential.

Yer true, From what ive learned in the last 4-6 months, you will know what sort of weights you are capable of lifting for certain exercises and rep ranges, instead of looking in a log book to see how much weight you can do for how many reps> That way you can do your set with 100% intensity target training the muscle without that thought in your head that you need to lift more or do more reps then previous weeks. Just train to failure, and over time you will notice the weights you have been using feel lighter so then you add more weight.

Is there something you want to admit to pumpiniron in relation to performance enhancers?
Did you read the rules?

I wasn't even going to say anymore about this in your thread but now you bring me up.

You go on about some retarded training program were strength progression is not required for muscle growth. Then you always confuse talking about strength with training for powerlifting or 1rm.

Now you come on and say you have lost strength on your cut which is a pretty clear sign of of muscle loss.

Elite level lifters will lose strength on a cut but most of us at beginner / intermediate levels with a proper cut diet should gain strength just at a slower rate than on a bulk.

When i lost all my weight i got stronger at the same time.

A lot stronger.

I lost 41kg in from July 2009 - July 2010

In that 12 months i took my lifts to:

Bench 5x5 95kg (was 5x5 40kg)
Squat 5x5 100kg (was bar)
Deadlift 5x5 150kg (was 5x5 60kg)

When you train properly you can do both. I know this because i did it.

When i lost all my weight i got stronger at the same time.

A lot stronger.

I lost 41kg in from July 2009 - July 2010

In that 12 months i took my lifts to:

Bench 5x5 95kg (was 5x5 40kg)
Squat 5x5 100kg (was bar)
Deadlift 5x5 150kg (was 5x5 60kg)

When you train properly you can do both. I know this because i did it.

My str is starting to go up now i have noticed, because i am not dieting anymore i am at maintenance. What do you mean when you train properly, are you saying im training incorrectly? Im just following what my coach tells me.

My str is starting to go up now i have noticed, because i am not dieting anymore i am at maintenance. What do you mean when you train properly, are you saying im training incorrectly? Im just following what my coach tells me.

My comment wasnt directed at you, was just a general comment in relation to my own experience.

I havent looked at how you train so cant comment bud.

[FONT=&quot]Pumping iron or pumping roids?
pls explain
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
65499588.png
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"Mate, I did buy some test E and injected it for 5 weeks and then got a blood test, and my gear was bunk, therefor you cant really say i took performance enhancers, just fake oil. I was stupid, and will never try it again. Plz keep this quiet id really appreciate it."

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1. You are dishonest in using steroids when clearly not allowed in the body contest competiton.
2. Your dishonest. Saying your gear was bunk because you have a blood test when clearly you are dishonest. How do we know its bunk. We can't really take your word for it. Plus you still had the intent to cheat if it is bunk which i really doubt it was.
3. You should be removed from the competition

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pumpin iron post on another board. Notice the date? 30-03-2012

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
pi2z.png
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Proof him replying when his pictures where posted

pi3m.png

I was planning to get money off him to blackmail him but then send it to charity and still make this call out. Damn that would have been great, but oh well.

Ausbb i leave you with - [/FONT]Player is the hero Ausbb deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector.

Last edited:
Epic, post is epic. Was wondering how long this would take to find its way here.

Just one question is the transformation comp natty?

Epic, post is epic. Was wondering how long this would take to find its way here.

Yes it is. Admin can confirm it.

keeping the comp natural keeps it level playing field.

Yeah, its meant to be. This fucking moron tried to take test though and then still 'compete' in said transformation... Loser "may" have bought bunk gear as well which is hillarious but im thinking thats horse shit so player didnt post this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.