• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Questions in regards to Smolov.

The implication of your post was that you know more about programming than whoever wrote the programme.

Given that you are neither a competitive lifter or an accomplished strength coach, I think you alot like myself know fuck all about programming. Unlike Freako and Sticky who I would say are qualified to make comments on the subject.

That wasnt the implication at all. I didnt even say jack shit about the smolov programming. I said that peoPle should learn to program for themselves instead of jst jmping on the program that sounded the coolest. Sticky and ben can obviously do this so are exempt from what i am saying. Do you understand yet?

That wasnt the implication at all. I didnt even say jack shit about the smolov programming. I said that peoPle should learn to program for themselves instead of jst jmping on the program that sounded the coolest. Sticky and ben can obviously do this so are exempt from what i am saying. Do you understand yet?

Why the fuck would you programme for yourself when you know shit all about programming?

I understand that you think you have some great wealth of strength knowledge but you got shit all to back that belief up.

Why the fuck would you programme for yourself when you know shit all about programming?

I understand that you think you have some great wealth of strength knowledge but you got shit all to back that belief up.

Yeah, heavens forbid someone actually works shit out for themselves!

I would hardly suggest that beginner to intermediate lifters be doing their own programming. Learning to program maybe by making small adjustments to basic programs maybe.

And try to add some clarity to some of your posts 0ni. Making controversial blanketing statements without clarifications is what starts e-wars.

I got trolled good. It's okay oni I still love ya you rascal.

Your better then most at least you put your money where your mouth is and have a go.

I would hardly suggest that beginner to intermediate lifters be doing their own programming. Learning to program maybe by making small adjustments to basic programs maybe.

And try to add some clarity to some of your posts 0ni. Making controversial blanketing statements without clarifications is what starts e-wars.

Smolov is not a beginner or intermediate program though
Personally i think at some point you need to do your own programming and i would rather do it sooner rather than later but i agree that beginners need to. E taught the basics with regular routines so that they know what good programming looks like to begin with

I just dont agree with the popularity smolov has since Pavel pimped it to the west and i personally would rather spend 12 weeks fucking up and learning than following a generic program and getting stronger and not learn ing as much. Im in this for life not 12 weeks so i dont see what the problem with fucking up is

I spend 2 years learning my body dicking around and now training is finally going well. I would have had to spend those years at some point so rather early on han later down the line in my opinion!

Smolov is not a beginner or intermediate program though
Personally i think at some point you need to do your own programming and i would rather do it sooner rather than later but i agree that beginners need to. E taught the basics with regular routines so that they know what good programming looks like to begin with

I just dont agree with the popularity smolov has since Pavel pimped it to the west and i personally would rather spend 12 weeks fucking up and learning than following a generic program and getting stronger and not learn ing as much. Im in this for life not 12 weeks so i dont see what the problem with fucking up is

I spend 2 years learning my body dicking around and now training is finally going well. I would have had to spend those years at some point so rather early on han later down the line in my opinion!

Smolov is more of an intermediate program than it is an advanced program. From what I've read it was written to bring up a lagging squat in weightlifters. I personally first did Smolov as intermediate lifter with a 155kg squat. I added 30k to my squat and learnt a fair bit in the process.

You can learn from experience as much as trial and error so there is no fault in trying as many programs as possible (within reason of course, don't be Training ADD Guy). If you're not learning something new with every program you do then you're doing something wrong.

Smolov is more of an intermediate program than it is an advanced program. From what I've read it was written to bring up a lagging squat in weightlifters. I personally first did Smolov as intermediate lifter with a 155kg squat. I added 30k to my squat and learnt a fair bit in the process.

You can learn from experience as much as trial and error so there is no fault in trying as many programs as possible (within reason of course, don't be Training ADD Guy). If you're not learning something new with every program you do then you're doing something wrong.

Well yeah, that's the problem that I have really
It's not a bad program at all, it increases volume and work capacity and is very simple programming
There is a big difference between trying different training philosophies out and training ADD

Strength training is really pretty simple and I think a lot of people make it more complicated than it needs to be which is where I definitely went wrong. If you look at the Smolov base mesocycle it's so fucking simple and even the intense mesocycle is pretty much increasing what you do each week... and yet people still seem to not understand this process when doing their own programming

Oh wow.. All this from someone asking about a program?

Sticky does all my programming, i believe im still a beginner (727.5kg @18), but sticky always prints out 10+ sheets of sheiko for me to do every 12 weeks. I dont write my programs and sticky doesnt write them, are we both shit?

Bros i have added like 150kg to my total because of sheiko, follow me!

Sticky does all my programming, i believe im still a beginner (727.5kg @18), but sticky always prints out 10+ sheets of sheiko for me to do every 12 weeks. I dont write my programs and sticky doesnt write them, are we both shit?

Does not compute

Did you not read anything I wrote?
Holy shit