• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Raw milk

Bazza20

1 kid dead and a few others sick from drinking bath milk, which is the way people get around it being illegal to sell raw milk.

This is why there are laws like this. To protect morons form their own stupidity.

Last edited:
So people are selling it as 'bath milk' so that others legitimately want to drink it?

What are the supposed advantages of drinking it 'raw' ?

Saw this in the news.... me and my brother grew up on Raw milk on a dairy farm. We're still here to tell yhe tale.

It's unfortunate that we have 2 generations of people who have no idea what milk really tastes like. Think grass fed beef T-bone vs maccas burger.

Besides taste, there are pros and cons.

Cons are when the milk is not handled properly or, more likely, milk is taken from a sick cow and put in the vat with all the clean milk. If the farmer is not observant and careful, or just doesn't give a fuck, then contamination occurs. That's why you would normally only be able to buy pasturised milk. Then the farmers and do whatever they want, put in milk from every cow, sick or not, piss in the tank, spit in it (I have worked on a dairy farm and went to school with dozens of farmer's kids. Pissing in the tank is mild compared to what some did.), let cow shit contaminate the milk, etc. Yep. Welcome to the world of processed food. (If you or your girlfriend have never "swallowed", well lets just say you probably have if you drink commercially processed milk.)

The pros is when you have a farmer serious about the health and wellbeing of his cows and produces a quality clean product. The scent and taste of "real" milk is amazing, especially when you compare it to the watered down, tasteless low fat crap that passes for milk in the local supermarket.

Since it has not had the guts boiled out of it, enzymes that enable you to digest the milk are preserved. Also, not being homogenised, the fat molecules are intact, being broken down and digested naturally in your stomach and not passing directly into your blood stream after being broken into tiny pieces by the homog process.

Quote: "Number of cases of food poisoning in Australia 5.4 million yearly.
Number of new daily cases of food poisoning in Australia 11,500.
120 People die due to food poisoning each year in Australia.
Source: Food Standards Australia and New Zealand accessed 15-08-2009"

So, shit hits the fan when one kid tragically dies. What about the other 120? As usual the media loves to kick shit up into a storm. I don't recall them asking the important question, "why was the batch not tested?".

People are fucking idiots and the beauty of living in a democratic society is that people are free to act like fucking idiots as long as they are not hurting anyone else.

If your idiotic beliefs are responsible for the death/serious injury of your child not only are you a fucking idiot, you should be held criminally negligent as well.

Pasteurised milk is not the devil, neither is fluoride or vaccinations.

Fucking hippies.

So did the parents knowingly give their child raw milk or did they buy it by mistake?

Any type of basic research points out that raw milk is not suitable for the elderly or children as they have a weaker immune system.

It's unfortunate that we have 2 generations of people who have no idea what milk really tastes like. Think grass fed beef T-bone vs maccas burger.

Cons are when the milk is not handled properly or, more likely, milk is taken from a sick cow and put in the vat with all the clean milk. If the farmer is not observant and careful, or just doesn't give a fuck, then contamination occurs. That's why you would normally only be able to buy pasturised milk. Then the farmers and do whatever they want, put in milk from every cow, sick or not, piss in the tank, spit in it (I have worked on a dairy farm and went to school with dozens of farmer's kids. Pissing in the tank is mild compared to what some did.), let cow shit contaminate the milk, etc. Yep. Welcome to the world of processed food. (If you or your girlfriend have never "swallowed", well lets just say you probably have if you drink commercially processed milk.)

The pros is when you have a farmer serious about the health and wellbeing of his cows and produces a quality clean product. The scent and taste of "real" milk is amazing, especially when you compare it to the watered down, tasteless low fat crap that passes for milk in the local supermarket.

Since it has not had the guts boiled out of it, enzymes that enable you to digest the milk are preserved. Also, not being homogenised, the fat molecules are intact, being broken down and digested naturally in your stomach and not passing directly into your blood stream after being broken into tiny pieces by the homog process.

So, shit hits the fan when one kid tragically dies. What about the other 120? As usual the media loves to kick shit up into a storm. I don't recall them asking the important question, "why was the batch not tested?".

Yeah you have zero idea what you are talking about.

Stick to topics you know.

Let's go through what you just posted.

Taste. Bla bla. Taste is personal preference. Milk tastes different depending on what cows are fed. The grass fed movement makes me laugh. Feed cows a high protein lush pasture and the milk can taste like absolute shit. Gives it a fishy taste from the excess protein.

The funny thing is the best tasting milk is usually from cows fed grain and hay. Gives the milk a higher fat content and a creamy taste.

Milk not being handled properly from sick cows. Lol. How many sick cows have you spotted in your life. zero no doubt. A cow doesn't have to be sick to shed disease. Cows can be sub clinical for a disease meaning they look perfectly healthy and still spread disease.

Pissing and spitting in the milk vat. Never heard of that in my life but you know a person who knows a person who once was a dairy farmer so are the gospel of information on the topic. Most milk vats you couldn't spit into it if you wanted to.

Again bullshit. A farmer serious about the health of the cows. For starters all farmers are serious about the health of cows because sick cows don't produce milk and the farmer goes broke. As I said its also possible to have sub clinical cows where they don't show disease but still spread it. If you think that doesn't happen on well cared for farms wrong again. It happens on every farm. All it can take is a bird to shit on grass that the cow eats for a cow to potentially get salmonella.

If you don't like low fat milk from the supermarket don't buy the low fat stuff.

Again you are wrong, pasteurized milk doesnt have the guts boiled out of it. It's not even boiled. Lol. Milk is only heated to 70c for 15 seconds. Yeah really had the guts boiled out of it.

Woody you have really farked up the facts badly in that post.

Bottom line is pasteurization prevents the transfer of disease and the health benefits of raw milk is all in the land of fairies.

Never drunk "Raw Milk/Bath Milk" - I don't understand what the real difference would be besides it being processed more when it is "normal" milk, I can't see "Raw" milk doing anything more for you health wise - how about just drink milk from Woolies.........lol.......

Thanks for reading my post Bazza. Obviously its an effort for you.

Let's go through what you just posted.

Taste. Bla bla. Taste is personal preference.

No shit. Did not realise that…. oh wait. I did. That's not my point. Real milk taste very different from processed milk. Even if you were a bulgarian alcoholic you would notice a very different taste.

Milk tastes different depending on what cows are fed.The grass fed movement makes me laugh. Feed cows a high protein lush pasture and the milk can taste like absolute shit. Gives it a fishy taste from the excess protein.

The funny thing is the best tasting milk is usually from cows fed grain and hay. Gives the milk a higher fat content and a creamy taste.

Well, alrighty then. Did not think I banged on about the grass fed movement. My apologies…. oh, wait. I didn't. Keep on track bud.

Milk not being handled properly from sick cows. Lol. How many sick cows have you spotted in your life. zero no doubt. A cow doesn't have to be sick to shed disease. Cows can be sub clinical for a disease meaning they look perfectly healthy and still spread disease.

So what am I to take from this? A cow is only sick if it looks sick? A cow can spread disease from an internal issue but it's still not considered sick because it looks really happy? Dunno what your point is here. Bottom line is that cows are the source of the contamination which can be dealt with by proper treatment. So if a farmer's milk is contaminated, it's is obligation to locate the source.

Pissing and spitting in the milk vat. Never heard of that in my life but you know a person who knows a person who once was a dairy farmer so are the gospel of information on the topic. Most milk vats you couldn't spit into it if you wanted to.

Yeah. You are right. I just made that up. People would never do that. Dairy farmers are the most happy and fulfilled people on the planet. They love getting up at 4am to milk cows all through spring, summer and autumn then doing it all again at 5pm. And their teenage kids just love getting up early to give dad a hand. Teenagers love that shit. Whoever heard of a teenager wanting to stay in bed. I mean, who ever heard of anyone working at a fast food joint spitting into a hamburger because they were pissed off. That would never happen. I take it all back. It's an urban myth.

Again bullshit. A farmer serious about the health of the cows. For starters all farmers are serious about the health of cows because sick cows don't produce milk and the farmer goes broke. As I said its also possible to have sub clinical cows where they don't show disease but still spread it. If you think that doesn't happen on well cared for farms wrong again. It happens on every farm. All it can take is a bird to shit on grass that the cow eats for a cow to potentially get salmonella.

You are right. A farmer with a sick cow which is not producing milk could send a farmer broke, especially if it's more than one cow. I guess that would be a huge motivation to pull it from the milking herd.

If you don't like low fat milk from the supermarket don't buy the low fat stuff.

I don't. It's shit. It takes like shit and looks like the watery jizz from a HIV pos leper. Not that I have a lot of experience with the jizz from a puss leaking leper. Really. True story.

Again you are wrong, pasteurized milk doesnt have the guts boiled out of it. It's not even boiled. Lol. Milk is only heated to 70c for 15 seconds. Yeah really had the guts boiled out of it.

Sorry about my hyperbole. I will be more restrained next time.

Woody you have really farked up the facts badly in that post.

I repent in dust and ashes.

Bottom line is pasteurization prevents the transfer of disease and the health benefits of raw milk is all in the land of fairies.

You are right. I am wrong. I apologise. I look forward to the angered masses banning raw milk, along with all the other things that can kill you with food poisoning like sausages, KFC, red meat, turkey, eggs, fruit juice, and infant formula.

(Call to ban raw milk: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/c...ath-of-melbourne-toddler-20141211-1258o0.html )

By Types of Foods | FoodSafety.gov

Go us!!!

Last edited: