• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Raw milk

geez woody I hope you are more knowledgeable on other topics you comment on in this forum because you failed badly here.

So what am I to take from this? A cow is only sick if it looks sick? A cow can spread disease from an internal issue but it's still not considered sick because it looks really happy? Dunno what your point is here. Bottom line is that cows are the source of the contamination which can be dealt with by proper treatment. So if a farmer's milk is contaminated, it's is obligation to locate the source.

Do you know the difference between clinical and sub clinical illness.

Do you know anything about this issue.

Do you know anything about treating cows.

Didn't think so. You are just rambling on to defer from the fact that you don't know anything about this.

Yeah. You are right. I just made that up. People would never do that. Dairy farmers are the most happy and fulfilled people on the planet. They love getting up at 4am to milk cows all through spring, summer and autumn then doing it all again at 5pm. And their teenage kids just love getting up early to give dad a hand. Teenagers love that shit. Whoever heard of a teenager wanting to stay in bed. I mean, who ever heard of anyone working at a fast food joint spitting into a hamburger because they were pissed off. That would never happen. I take it all back. It's an urban myth.

Give us some proof that this is a regular occurrence. I have never once in my life heard anything like that done. But you heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend. Great stuff buddy.

If farmers don't want to be farmer, sell up, their land is probably worth a shit load. What is spitting into the milk going to do?

Like I said before but you wouldn't know. You couldn't spit into the milk if you wanted to on most milk vats. How many milk vats have you seen. Less than 1 is a safe bet.

Has it happened ever, probably. Just like food you eat at a resultant has probably been spat on but is it common. Not a chance in hell. Never once heard of it happening.

You are right. A farmer with a sick cow which is not producing milk could send a farmer broke, especially if it's more than one cow. I guess that would be a huge motivation to pull it from the milking herd.

And they do get pulled from the herd when sick for treatment.

If antibiotics are used on them they have to be pulled from the herd because the milk cannot be sold.

I'll ask you again. How many sick cows you treated?
Tell us what's involved and how you treat them

Where is this knowledge coming from.

You are right. I am wrong. I apologise. I look forward to the angered masses banning raw milk, along with all the other things that can kill you with food poisoning like sausages, KFC, red meat, turkey, eggs, fruit juice, and infant formula.

(

Raw milk is already banned.

It's done for a reason

Please only comment on issues you have a clue about.

Dairy farmers are the most happy and fulfilled people on the planet. They love getting up at 4am to milk cows all through spring, summer and autumn then doing it all again at 5pm. And their teenage kids just love getting up early to give dad a hand. Teenagers love that shit. Whoever heard of a teenager wanting to stay in bed. I mean, who ever heard of anyone working at a fast food joint spitting into a hamburger because they were pissed off. That would never happen. I take it all back. It's an urban myth.

I've got to say this is one of the most stupidest rebuttals I've read on this site in a while.

You're basing you entire argument on assuming all dairy farmers are disgruntled and hate their job. So instead of moving on and going into another career, they spit into the milk to get one over on society.

facepalm-Godzilla.jpg

There was a point brought up in one of the newspapers but I had never thought of it because it's so common for us.

Raw milk that is sold doesn't undergo any of the strict quality testing that normal milk sold to factories does.

Our milk gets tested twice daily for a range of things including bacteria count, antibiotic residue, somatic cells, temperature. It's has to be under strict guidelines otherwise you are in trouble.

Raw milk doesn't have to undergo any of this.

But you'll have those that think heating milk for 15 seconds at 70C changes it into some kind of poison. Lol.

Fact is there is no evidence showing raw milk is better for you but there is plenty of proof showing pasteurized it is much safer.

Pretty simple choice.

I make yoghurt by heating up the milk to 93degC, and then cooling it off again to 40degC. Done this way, my yoghurt is digested more easily even if it does gives me an asthma attack if I have too much of it for some very strange reason.

@bazza20 so would you drink the raw milk from your cows? straight up?

if not, why?

I've lived on a dairy farm for the past 5 years. There is no way in hell I would drink milk straight from cows without any processing. I've seen where the milk is taken and kept it's not hygienic till processing!

I'll just quietly leave this here…...

Ban unpasteurised toffee apples!!!!

"Five people have died and 21 more have been hospitalized after they were infected with listeria linked to prepackaged caramel apples, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday."

"Listeria can live in food processing plants and can grow even in cold temperatures, such as those in refrigerators.

It is killed by cooking and pasteurization. It is also found in soil and water and in animals such as poultry and cattle, and can be present in raw milk or food made from raw milk."

"Listeria outbreaks are rare but dangerous. In 2011, listeria in cantaloupes killed 33 people and sickened 147 in 28 states of America, according to the CDC.

In 2012, 22 people were infected and four died in an outbreak attributed to a brand of ricotta cheese imported from Italy, the agency said."

http://www.theage.com.au/world/five...-linked-to-toffee-apples-20141220-12bjku.html

37925162.jpg

Last edited:
@bazza20 so would you drink the raw milk from your cows? straight up?

if not, why?

Do I drink it, yes but nowadays if I do it's only due to pure laziness. I have plenty of people who visit wanting to drink our raw milk but I don't recommend it, I don't want to be responsible for people getting sick or worse.

We are even looking at putting in a pasteurizer to pasteurize the milk we feed our baby calves because it leads to better health and growth rates for them.

A2 full fat milk tastes good, like it use too.

A2 milk currently has zero evidence behind the claims. All milk has a certain amount of the a2 gene in it anyway.

Even the a2 company no matter how hard they try can't manufacture up any evidence for it being any healthier. Their latest research showed no significant health difference, actually a slight benefit to a1 milk but somehow in their conclusion they concluded a2 was better.

If it tastes better it's probably just a higher fat milk and nothing to do with a2.

I'll just quietly leave this here…...

Ban unpasteurised toffee apples!!!!

"Five people have died and 21 more have been hospitalized after they were infected with listeria linked to prepackaged caramel apples, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday."

"Listeria can live in food processing plants and can grow even in cold temperatures, such as those in refrigerators.

It is killed by cooking and pasteurization. It is also found in soil and water and in animals such as poultry and cattle, and can be present in raw milk or food made from raw milk."

"Listeria outbreaks are rare but dangerous. In 2011, listeria in cantaloupes killed 33 people and sickened 147 in 28 states of America, according to the CDC.

In 2012, 22 people were infected and four died in an outbreak attributed to a brand of ricotta cheese imported from Italy, the agency said."

http://www.theage.com.au/world/five...-linked-to-toffee-apples-20141220-12bjku.html

37925162.jpg

This thread is about milk woody, milk, and you got most of the facts wrong with that last time anyway.

A2 milk currently has zero evidence behind the claims. All milk has a certain amount of the a2 gene in it anyway.

Even the a2 company no matter how hard they try can't manufacture up any evidence for it being any healthier. Their latest research showed no significant health difference, actually a slight benefit to a1 milk but somehow in their conclusion they concluded a2 was better.

If it tastes better it's probably just a higher fat milk and nothing to do with a2.

Its shocking isnt isn't it what these manufacturers can state, these days I just go by taste, if it tastes good it is. (Too me)